GOTY Nominees are out

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What is this controversy surrounding TLOU 2 that y’all keep talking about? And what the fukk is Hades, I never heard of it until just now, that alone should be resin enough for it to not win.

How you gonna talk about all the shyt you dk about, then double up and use that as a barometer of quality :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox on a hell of a run

EnIAyw9VoAAmhOC

damn I just peeped this is the entire X1/X1X run...as much as I enjoyed my X1/X1X the exclusives really were lackluster this gen

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Sold extremely well
made people smile during a whole ass pandemic
People legit enjoyed it
devs listening to the fanbase with free updates consistently
90 on meta

literally no reason to complain about it winning.

also TLOU2 on there after all its bs :hhh: could barely beat the new IP in Ghost in popularity and sales.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
nah you’re just insanely clueless from a gaming standpoint especially off that first question

How you gonna talk about all the shyt you dk about, then double up and use that as a barometer of quality :mjlol:

I haven't heard about it, so it must be trash :ehh:

:mjtf:

I understand y’all going at me for not knowing hades. I just think to be game of the year, the game should be popular and not something only the hardcore Indy fans k ow about. I also feel the same way about these random no name movies winning oscars for picture of the year. It seems biased, they basically only picking movies a certain audience has seen. Picture of the year should be something even the casual fans like IMO.

and the question about the last of us was genuine. I legit don’t know what the controversy was. I was just asking, I have only heard good things about it.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
it's going to be between Ghost or Animal Crossings

Won't mind seeing TLOU 2 just to see the reaction :lolbron:
This only game I haven't played is Hades. But I've spent way too many hours on Animal Crossing like 170+ hours. That has a very good chance of taking it all as They love Nintendo.
Ghost I had the most fun with, TLOU2 is is great graphically but story... smh if it wins it's going to make heads explode lol.

I don't think FF7 should be there while good is its incomplete, Doom is whatever to me.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I understand y’all going at me for not knowing hades. I just think to be game of the year, the game should be popular and not something only the hardcore Indy fans k ow about. I also feel the same way about these random no name movies winning oscars for picture of the year. It seems biased, they basically only picking movies a certain audience has seen. Picture of the year should be something even the casual fans like IMO.

and the question about the last of us was genuine. I legit don’t know what the controversy was. I was just asking, I have only heard good things about it.

Idc about what you do or don't know personally, that's just a poor excuse to dismiss it imo. I think if you go by popularity and what the majority of gamers know, you would have to weigh sales too heavily for it to not have too much bias, but then that has too much potential to dismiss quality. There isn't a foolproof method to give out awards for art, which is why it's hilarious to me that ppl go so hard for it in the first place. Unless you stand to make some bread from it, we all have the same opportunities to play all these games, and personally I've come across plenty of games I never heard of, and I only gave a chance because I saw such a strong good/great perception. Sekiro wasn't the most popular game, but nobody questioned its quality :yeshrug:

Daps
Ghost is my shyt but it's gonna get Marco Polo'd (for those that watched the Netflix series).

Put a similar story in Europe with a white protagonist and that shyt wins easily.

Rayzah

Daps
Idc about what you do or don't know personally, that's just a poor excuse to dismiss it imo. I think if you go by popularity and what the majority of gamers know, you would have to weigh sales too heavily for it to not have too much bias, but then that has too much potential to dismiss quality. There isn't a foolproof method to give out awards for art, which is why it's hilarious to me that ppl go so hard for it in the first place. Unless you stand to make some bread from it, we all have the same opportunities to play all these games, and personally I've come across plenty of games I never heard of, and I only gave a chance because I saw such a strong good/great perception. Sekiro wasn't the most popular game, but nobody questioned its quality :yeshrug:
Ok. We agree to disagree. But I’m seriously out of the loop on the last of us contreversy

Rayzah

Daps
no.

I’m actually far more alarmed at you not being familiar with the controversy surrounding TLOU2
:yeshrug: I haven’t played it. Does it have something to do with the story? I’m saying why would that controversy hinder its chances at wining is all I’m asking.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok. We agree to disagree. But I’m seriously out of the loop on the last of us contreversy

What part do you disagree with? I didn't say that to come at you you don't have to just dismiss it :russ:There's two threads full of the controversy if you really care about it, I think it's too multi-faceted to just put in a post