GOTY Nominees are out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
None of the Forza Horizon games even being nominated in any of the years is criminal.

a racing game is never gonna be nominated for game of the year, you see mario kart on there? In fact that goes for any sports game.

the GOTY is like the oscars, they usually award a certain type of game, and it's usually has a narrative or single player focus outside of overwatch

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
None of the Forza Horizon games even being nominated in any of the years is criminal.

full
Word?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If everyone who bought AC votes AC it's winning easily if play votes mean anything.

I really want FF7 to win though...

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
a racing game is never gonna be nominated for game of the year, you see mario kart on there? In fact that goes for any sports game.

the GOTY is like the oscars, they usually award a certain type of game, and it's usually has a narrative or single player focus outside of overwatch

Fair enough :ehh:

Jackrabbit

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like nothing can be more generic than yet another story about a zombie apocalypse in 2020.
I feel you but I mean the story inside the setting. The characters. I was more interested in the LOU2 main and supporting cast as opposed to ghost which was really just jins journey as intended to be fair. But lou2 just hit harder. IMO

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
hades is nominated in 2020 a year with killer games, but not gears, not sea of thieves, not sunset overdrive, not a ori or forza or halo in the last 7 y

But sure there is no bias:manny:

No at all.:comeon:

:mjlol:

ScholarlyLividAnnelid-small.gif
The industry gotta stop treating MS so unfair man

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Burnout 3: Takedown received numerous awards from the video games media and independent awards organisations following its release. Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine and Official U.S. Xbox Magazine both ranked Burnout 3: Takedown as their "Game of the Year" ahead of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Halo 2respectively.[42] Eurogamer staff rated Burnout 3 in ninth place on their list of the top fifty games of 2004.[43] At the 2nd British Academy Games Awards, Burnout 3 won three awards in the "PS2", "Racing", and "Technical Direction" categories, and received three further nominations in the "Art Direction", "Online Multiplayer", and "Xbox" categories.[44] The game won "Racing Game of the Year" and was nominated for "Console Game of the Year" at the 2005 Interactive Achievement Awards.[45][46] For its showcase at E3 2004, Burnout 3 won "Best Racing Game" from the Game Critics Awards.[47] At the 2004 Golden Joystick Awards, Burnout 3 won the "PlayStation 2 Game of the Year" category and was a runner-up for "Online Game of the Year".[48] At the 2004 Spike Video Game Awards, Burnout 3 won "Best Driving Game" and was nominated for "Game of the Year". It also won the viewer's choice award for "Most Addictive Game". Alex Ward and Criterion were nominated for "Designer of the Year" for their work on Burnout 3.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I feel you but I mean the story inside the setting. The characters. I was more interested in the LOU2 main and supporting cast as opposed to ghost which was really just jins journey as intended to be fair. But lou2 just hit harder. IMO
Ghosts' narrative was so legit it literally made you racist as the game went on :mjlol:

TLOU2 had to jump between perspectives and fumbled trying to get a story across.