GOTY Nominees are out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Burnout 3: Takedown received numerous awards from the video games media and independent awards organisations following its release. Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine and Official U.S. Xbox Magazine both ranked Burnout 3: Takedown as their "Game of the Year" ahead of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Halo 2respectively.[42] Eurogamer staff rated Burnout 3 in ninth place on their list of the top fifty games of 2004.[43] At the 2nd British Academy Games Awards, Burnout 3 won three awards in the "PS2", "Racing", and "Technical Direction" categories, and received three further nominations in the "Art Direction", "Online Multiplayer", and "Xbox" categories.[44] The game won "Racing Game of the Year" and was nominated for "Console Game of the Year" at the 2005 Interactive Achievement Awards.[45][46] For its showcase at E3 2004, Burnout 3 won "Best Racing Game" from the Game Critics Awards.[47] At the 2004 Golden Joystick Awards, Burnout 3 won the "PlayStation 2 Game of the Year" category and was a runner-up for "Online Game of the Year".[48] At the 2004 Spike Video Game Awards, Burnout 3 won "Best Driving Game" and was nominated for "Game of the Year". It also won the viewer's choice award for "Most Addictive Game". Alex Ward and Criterion were nominated for "Designer of the Year" for their work on Burnout 3.

psssst, every game wins a GOTY award from some publication. That's not what I meant. there are liek 100 gaming publications that give out GOTY awards, when we're talking about THE goty we're talking about the televised one. Just liek we don't count mtv movie awards as the movie of the year.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
psssst, every game wins a GOTY award from some publication. That's not what I meant. there are liek 100 gaming publications that give out GOTY awards, when we're talking about THE goty we're talking about the televised one. Just liek we don't count mtv movie awards as the movie of the year.
The video game awards started in 2014. Its predecessor was the Spike TV video game awards hosted by Geoff Keighley till it ended and rebranded in 2013. In 2014 the Video Game Awards debuted, hosted by.......Geoff Keighley.

burnout 3 was nominated for game of the year by Spikes Awards(you know, the televised awards show)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So who’s gonna win, Tsushima or TLOU2? :win:

EnHiw5rVgAMQ4iZ
Hades and it's not even close in that list, but battletoads is my sleeper title

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
FF7 Remake was my first FF and outside of the combat & graphics I was disappointed the story shyts the bed in the last thirty minutes shyt made no fukking sense. :francis:

Last of Us 2 is going to win it and it deserves it :ufdup:

Ghosts was fukking great too.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yea I barely used stealth. Easily the worst thing about it. The combat was so great though that not using stealth didn't bother me.
The game low key actively discourages you from using stealth by constantly calling it dishonorable and having Jin feel guilty about it as he unlocks and uses new stealth technique. i basically played the samurai path (sword and bow only, actively challenging opponents) until the third act after which i feel like he had crossed a point of no return honorwise.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
it's going to be between Ghost or Animal Crossings

Won't mind seeing TLOU 2 just to see the reaction :lolbron:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
for me, FF7 wins
but the last of us 2 is going to take this
If I have to hear a banjo one more time :mjlol:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said it during its release and I’ll say it again now, TLOU2 winning GOTY would be hilarious, not because it shouldn’t win, I personally think it should...but that outrage is gonna be crazy, y’all thought the “these reviews were paid for” crowd looked dumb as fukk then, wait till they start accusing the awards of being rigged and bought by fukking Neil Druckman lol

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
I love Hades, but it ain't GOTY. shyt it technically came out last year ( I dunno how the early access justification works out in these situations)

I'm one of the few people who loved TLOU2, I saw it's faults but really like where they were going with what they were doing and while Ghosts doesn't evolve the open world shyt, it def kept me going enough to platinuim that hoe.

FF7R was so good it justified itself being less content than disk one with everything it brought to the table.

I give it to the game that launched a multiplayer mode though cause yeah that just makes that whole package complete to me.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The Last of Us has this in the bag. Even with all of the controversy surrounding it, the quality of the game is outstanding.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Hades, but it ain't GOTY. shyt it technically came out last year ( I dunno how the early access justification works out in these situations)

I'm one of the few people who loved TLOU2, I saw it's faults but really like where they were going with what they were doing and while Ghosts doesn't evolve the open world shyt, it def kept me going enough to platinuim that hoe.

FF7R was so good it justified itself being less content than disk one with everything it brought to the table.

I give it to the game that launched a multiplayer mode though cause yeah that just makes that whole package complete to me.

Way More people fukked with the game then didn’t breh lol

but GOT is my second, not like that MP was some tacky half assed add on either, legends was fukking dope