prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

:ohhh: I haven't been sold on this "Gotham" show at all, despite the fact that any TV show that based on DC comics (or even Marvel or Star Wars) peaks my interest. But if this show is gonna be based on them "Gotham Central" comics, it's gonna peak my interest even more.

Gotham Central was a great comic book series primarly because of Ed Brubaker's writing (the same dude who went to Marvel and did Daredevil in the mid to late 2000s as well as Captain America and the Winter Solider arc that they eventually used for the movie). Dude has a great ability to infuse grounded storylines into comics and still make them compelling. One of my favorite writers.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only watch like 3-4 shows, try to make it more quality than quantity.

But this show looks sick. Dont see the hate.

Question, aside from 24, what are some of the long running shows Fox has had? Only cartoons/comedies come to mind.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Fox Previews 'Gotham' With Four-Part Special

4:14 PM PDT 8/22/2014 by Lesley Goldberg

Get to know the ins and outs of the Batman-themed prequel series

gotham.jpg

Fox is pulling out all the stops to promote Gotham.

The network is promoting its Batman-themed drama, which explores the origin story of eventual Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon, with a four-part online special.

Released Friday, the video series explores the mythology behind the DC Comics-inspired series from The Mentalist's Bruno Heller as well as the heroes — including Ben McKenzie's Gordon — and villains, including Catwoman (Camren Bicondova), Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor), Riddler, Two-Face and the Joker, among others.

The nearly 20-minute series comes as the network has already released the premiere for its hospital-set drama Red Band Society, while NBC is already offering its A to Z pilot and ABC is sampling Selfie.

Watch the four-part Gotham preview below.

Go behind the scenes of the thrilling GOTHAM pilot with key players both behind and in front of the camera, including creator Bruno Heller, director Danny Cannon and star Ben McKenzie.

Following the murder of the Waynes, Gotham is in danger of falling into an abyss of pure chaotic anarchy.

From its comic book origins to an array of incredible special effects to its cutting edge production, learn more from the incredible team that transformed New York City into Gotham.

GOTHAM also explores the origin stories of classic villains such as Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker.

Gotham premieres Sept. 22 on Fox.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-previews-gotham-four-part-727163
"

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
This looks like it's going to be good. Question though, if this is a prequel how much older are these villains supposed to be compared to the kid who will eventually become Batman? I know the focus is on the police dept but seems like that's the only thing that throws it off a little, the timing

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This looks like it's going to be good. Question though, if this is a prequel how much older are these villains supposed to be compared to the kid who will eventually become Batman? I know the focus is on the police dept but seems like that's the only thing that throws it off a little, the timing
A lot of Batman's villains are realistically supposed to be older than him.
Penguin has always been shown as being older than Batman in pretty much every medium. Same with dudes like the Joker and Mr. Freeze.
It varies with Riddler though.