Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
"Arrow" is different. He is basically a more toned down version of Batman. A live action show about Bats would look campy as hell, no matter the network. All those gadgets, Batmobile, Batwing? Can yall imagine how that would turn out?

Maybe a show about Bruce's many years of training before he becomes Batman, but maybe that's how this show would lead into.

they could do batman year 1.
That would make a good tv show

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:ohhh: I haven't been sold on this "Gotham" show at all, despite the fact that any TV show that based on DC comics (or even Marvel or Star Wars) peaks my interest. But if this show is gonna be based on them "Gotham Central" comics, it's gonna peak my interest even more.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:ohhh: I haven't been sold on this "Gotham" show at all, despite the fact that any TV show that based on DC comics (or even Marvel or Star Wars) peaks my interest. But if this show is gonna be based on them "Gotham Central" comics, it's gonna peak my interest even more.

Is it really the same thing though?

Granted I've never read a Gotham Central comic but it sounds like those stories are set in a modern day Gotham where Batman already exists. So even if he isn't present he still has at least some kind of presence. Plus you have all the rogues. So even if it isn't entirely a Batman story it's still set in the Gotham City we all know and love.

Whereas this upcoming show is set long before any of this stuff ever happens. Most if not all of the villains are probably still children.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
comic heads, isnt gotham just full of random mobsters before batman shows up?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
comic heads, isnt gotham just full of random mobsters before batman shows up?

Yeah, Gotham was run by mobster Carmine Falcone before all the costumed people started showing up.

:patrice: For some reason I didn't understand that watching "Batman: TAS" as a kid in the 90's or rewatching the entire series as an adult back in '08.

It wasn't till I watched "Batman Begins" for the 1st time in '09 (or maybe when I rewatched it in '12) & the DC Universe Animated Original Movies, till I realized how bad Gotham is supposed to be (sans Batman's rogue gallery) & how much Batman got the regular criminals in Gotham shook. It sorta reminds me of Detroit.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So who will be young Bruce's crush ... a young catwoman, a young poison ivy .... or both (since Bruce is a playboy... show him starting out early)..
I wonder if Jim is gonna have barbera as a baby or will she be closer in age to Bruce.... to set up .... another crush

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So who will be young Bruce's crush ... a young catwoman, a young poison ivy .... or both (since Bruce is a playboy... show him starting out early)..
I wonder if Jim is gonna have barbera as a baby or will she be closer in age to Bruce.... to set up .... another crush

Katie Holmes
batman-begins-2005-katie-holmes-and-christian-bale.jpg

:troll:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
JADA PINKETT fukkING LOST

HER SONS A fakkit AND A HER DAUGHTERS A YOUNG HOO-AH AND HER MOVIE CAREER IS SO shyt SHE HAS TO GO TO shytTY FOX SHOWS :mjlol:

:mjlol: This whole time I thought that was Halle Berry! I'm JUST realizing it's actually even more irrelevant Jada Pinkett Smith.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
GOTHAM PRODUCER AND CAST ON THEIR NOIR APPROACH

'We won’t break the canonical iron truths.''

20 JUL 2014 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

Speaking about Gotham today at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, executive producer Bruno Heller was asked about the large group of Batman characters introduced in the pilot of the series. While the producers have already said more characters would be introduced, could they keep up with that pace?

Said Heller, “You kind of have to front load the pilot with the best that you’ve got. You have to open big.” However, he noted, “As the show rolls on, we’ll be far more careful with how we roll out the villains. They’ll be far more surprises than just presenting them.”

Heller used the Oswald Cobblepot / the Penguin (played by Robin Lord Taylor) as an example of someone who “comes pretty much fully fledged in front of us,” but said other characters would be slower to emerge.

One question some fans have raised is if the show is essentially an exercise in futility – in that we know Jim Gordon and the GCPD can’t clean up the streets too much, if Batman is eventually needed to fight crime there.

Said Heller, “That’s the situation that the show is all about. How do you deal with crime at this level when there are no superheroes? Just ordinary men and women trying to solve these issues.” He said there was “hope and struggle” for these characters and it was “Not about waiting for a savior,” adding, “It’s about men and women, not about superheroes, and to me those are the more interesting stories.”

While the show has an ensemble cast and the young Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) is an important character, Heller noted, “Gordon is the moral lynchpin,” saying he, in a way, “Creates Batman or gives Batman permission to exist in this world,” and that the show would show his journey from a man following a strict code of law and order to getting to a place where he can “accept this dark vigilante.”

Danny Cannon, who directed the pilot, said that when developing Gotham, the discussion by the creative team became about “What would cause this world to need a wealthy vigilante to save them years down line?”

DS24703-720x405.jpg

(L-R) Cory Michael Smith ("Edward Nigma"), Camren Bicondova ("Selina Kyle), Robin Lord Taylor ("Oswald Cobblepot"), Jada Pinkett Smith ("Fish Mooney"), Donal Logue ("Harvey Bullock"), Ben McKenzie ("James Gordon"), Executive Producer Bruno Heller and Executive Producer/Director Danny Cannon.

Asked how much they might be changing the mythology of Batman as seen in the comics, Heller stressed the word mythology, remarking, “Mythology, in the true sense of the word, is precisely when so many stories have been created that none of them can be constant with the other,” saying that was definitely the case with Batman at this point. However, he added that while they will make their own changes to certain aspects of the story, “We won’t break the canonical iron truths.”

Another question is whether it takes anything away knowing many of the characters have to survive in order to become what we know them to be. Heller said he wasn’t worried about that, noting, “It’s a sad thing when you can only build tension by killing people.”

Benjamin McKenize ("James Gordon") evoked Greek tragedies that would tell you the ending as the story began, saying that shouldn’t weaken the story if it’s strong enough. McKenzie said that even though there was an expect of Gordon fighting insurmountable odds, it felt right because, “It’s noir. It’s so overwhelming, no single man is going to be able to overcome it,” and he rejected the idea that, “Our hero is doomed, therefor we shouldn’t be interested in his story.” Heller added, “There’s victories along the way and there’s hope along the way.”

Cory Michael Smith ("Edward Nigma") said he felt Gotham was “about a power struggle. James is going to always have a nemesis,. He’ll always have someone to fight against. It’s never fixed. It’s never actually working. The exciting thing is the power struggle and who’s in charge.”

Heller revealed, “The first year is about the rise of the Penguin and his titanic struggle against Fish Mooney [played by Jada Pinkett Smith].”

Heller elaborated on why Gotham, with its origin focus, was the right DC Comics show for him. “Heroes are more interesting to me than superheroes. Superheroes do the impossible and drama is really about the possible, the physically possible. This is about people. People trying to overcome real problems, as opposed to learning how to fly.” He added, “The really interesting part of the stories for me is the origin stories.”

The producers noted that Gotham is purposely vague on what era it’s set in – characters carry fairly modern phones but also drive cars right out of the 1970s.

As Heller put it, “If today Batman exists, than this is the past, but it’s everybody’s past.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/20/gotham-producer-and-cast-on-their-noir-approach

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
GOTHAM SHOWRUNNER: PROFESSOR HUGO STRANGE AND HOW ARKHAM ASYLUM CAME TO BE PART OF SEASON ONE

Harvey Dent will be older, closer in age to Gordon.

20 JUL 2014 BY JIM VEJVODA

Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy, and (most likely) Joker aren't the only Bat-villains slated to appear on Gotham, FOX's Batman prequel series.

I chatted with Gotham executive producer and show runner Bruno Heller at today's FOX presentation at the Television Critics Association, during which time Heller told me that Professor Hugo Strange will soon be appearing on the show. Strange -- who is familiar to gamers for his role in the Arkham games -- was known for making monster men, either psychologically or through chemical means. He also learned Batman's secret identity and became obsessed with him.

"Hugo Strange is going to pop up because we're going to start dealing with how Arkham was created and why Arkham was created in the way that it was so, yeah, absolutely. It's a Season One thing because in our telling of it the way Arkham was created and the why and how is one of the causes of the particular criminal climate in Gotham that allowed Batman to happen. The revolving door of Arkham is both a brilliant narrative device because it allows you to -- you don't have to kill people off, you can just put them in cold storage -- but if you're telling the story from the start you kind of have to explain, 'What the f***? Why don't you make that place a place people don't escape from?' We're going to explain why it is the way it is and Hugo Strange is a big part of that."

Heller also said Harvey Dent will be a character on the show, but don't expect him to be some classmate of young Bruce Wayne's. "We're playing Harvey Dent slightly older. He's more Gordon's age in this telling. One of the things to avoid in order not to tell a high school story -- which would be great, but it''s a different show on a different network at a different time that I would not be a part of. But he will go back to school and villains will be part of that world."

Heller added, though, that they don't want to bow to any pressure to overstuff or front-load the series with so many popular villains because they need to make sure they have enough characters and story for future seasons.

The CW's Arrow has mentioned Ra's Al Ghul's and included his daughter Nyssa. Does that DC Comics show using those traditionally Batman villain preclude incarnations of them from possibly appearing on Gotham? "That's a good meta-physical, trans-network question. I don't think it would preclude anything, but I think it would be tough to do cross-overs because the worlds are so different. Like I said, there's so many rich, great characters that we can't get them all in there."

Meanwhile, Gotham's other exec producer (and the pilot's director), Danny Cannon, inferred that we'll learn how Poison Ivy and possibly even how Mr. Freeze came to become involved in cryogenics. As for more grounded allies such as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, in particular, Cannon admitted that he and Heller rely on DC's conduit to the show Geoff Johns to expose them to such characters. "Let's hope we get a couple more seasons and all those people will work their way into it."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...w-arkham-asylum-came-to-be-part-of-season-one