pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Is this show set in it's one little time era, cause those cop cars looked like something out of the 70's but Bruce was wearing headphones and i'm pretty sure i saw a touch screen phone.
This is the same thing I'm trying to figure out.. At times it looks to be set in the 60's but these dudes is pulling out cellphones

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not so impressed by the second episode:patrice:....so far penguin and jada are the highlights of the show....so i guess these episodes will be as good as the villans of the week...dont see how theyll keep this interesting without being able to add villans people care about....im not a comic fan so hearing about the dollmaker dont make me :krs:....i need to see the damn dollmaker....at least show him evily petting a cat or w/e his evil thing is that he does:mjlol:

How long they expect to keep non comic book fans interested with this?

Its as much, if not more, of a crime thriller/buddy cop drama as it is a comic book program. And procedural crime thrillers are the easiest shyt to sell to the masses.

Anecdotal, but my gf loves the program, and she has zero interest in Batman/comics. Think the show will do alright, largely thanks to the cast and the way it is presented.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Just reached episode 1.

It was dope

On episode 2 now.

Hulu on my phone at work >

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the same thing I'm trying to figure out.. At times it looks to be set in the 60's but these dudes is pulling out cellphones

in one of the trailers somebody posted for it they said its "set in its own time" :beli:....basically meaning they wanted a old feel to it but were too lazy to be consistent or they just didn't want to restrict themselves to not having modern day technology:manny:.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in one of the trailers somebody posted for it they said its "set in its own time" :beli:....basically meaning they wanted a old feel to it but were too lazy to be consistent or they just didn't want to restrict themselves to not having modern day technology:manny:.

Sure, because BTAS didn't do the same thing.

But in all seriousness, it's set in the 90's.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It is a little sloppy when you think about it. Staying consistent with a time period is not easy by any means at all. Mad Men has a special team/crew/crack squad who's only job is to make sure the period pieces in the show are true and accurate.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
jada does have some weird sex appeal going on..:shaq:

how many seasons will it take batman to suit up? anybody know?:yeshrug:

Harvey and Alfred compete with each other on who can be more over the top every episode...:russ:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sure, because BTAS didn't do the same thing.

But in all seriousness, it's set in the 90's.

“It’s a mash-up, to use the modern phrase,” he said. “If today Batman exists, then this world is the past. But it’s everybody’s past, an 18-year-old’s past and a 54-year-old’s past. So in your memory, the past is all mashed up together. So in this Gotham, it’s a kind of timeless world. It’s yesterday, it’s today, and it’s tomorrow all at the same time, because that’s the world that dreams live in.”

True about TAS,I don't mind it,i just don't get the point of it,if Batman has existed in all times what does it matter what time period this is set in:patrice:?...if you want your characters to be able to use touchscreens and drive modern cars set it in modern time, I don't get the point of trying to give it an old feel at all...I wont argue with a directors vision since its not really hurting anything so far,nothing has happened to take me out of it yet...but it just seems pointless or like a copout.