ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I know Gotham is a fukked up place, but they got a shytload of kids homeless? :damn: :mindblown:

Place is like an urban 3rd world. Bunch of deadbeat parents. :scust:

And the chick who plays Selina looks like a Jack Kirby drawing in real life. :mjlol: :dead:

They always said gotham was always a screwed up place, that's why the batman was born...

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Pretty solid 2nd episode, the show definitely has a heightened comic book tone. It could use some work in some places, I thought the opening with the cops immediately fighting and arguing with each other was a bit much. The scene with Falcone's goons beating up Mooneys boytoy in the background worked better.

The villains for the week were definitely on the cartoony side, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Cat wasn't too bad in the little bit of time she got to speak. I just hope they don't keep having her appear just for the sake of it. Same thing with Young Bruce, if they have something interesting for him to do then give him some time. If not, then let him take a week off.

I am curious to find out why that Major Crimes chick really doesn't like Jim :lupe:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Is this show set in it's one little time era, cause those cop cars looked like something out of the 70's but Bruce was wearing headphones and i'm pretty sure i saw a touch screen phone.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno why people are crying about how fuccked up the city of Gotham is and how corrupt the police force it, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE! This is a Gotham without fucckin' Batman, and without an Arkham Asylum for that matter! It's a city that slowly decaying with no fuccks given by the police, and quickly evolving for the lunatics to take control. It's progressing to show further of how and why Jim Gordon will be over his head trying to make right by being by the book, and why you would eventually NEED a Batman. One of the biggest things I appreciate this show is the fact they got Gotham as the city be a like going into hell itself.

TenChambers

All Star
Daps
naw he aint a dikkhead he's keepin it real

if u got a kid in your custody self mulitating himself and acting emo as fukk, you gotta lay down the law

especially if that lil b*stard is your multibillion dollar meal ticket

I agree to certain degree but this Alfred just takes it to another level. Most other Alfreds, especially Michael Kane in the Nolan series, were closer to the original.

Alfred used to say shyt like this:
":to: It's not just your name Master Bruce, it's your father's name too and it's all thats left of him"

Now Alfred on some this type shyt:
":pacspit: I thought I told you to stop sneaking up on people you little b*stard!"

It's just funny as fukk to me. :pachaha:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked this episode mostly for the continued demonstration of just how fukked up Gotham City is. Gotham is a decaying husk of a city and it is reflected in everything from its government to its citizenry.
Lil Catwoman was a decent actress and she stopped walking like a spazz which was appreciated.
Lil Bruce showing them signs of burgeoning sociopathic tendencies.
Gordon and Bullock's constant arguing cracks me up.
Penguin is that dude. He is just killing and kidnapping out there like a champ. And his mom is hilarious.
Liked the scene between Fish and Falcone. It showed the history between the two characters as well as set them up going forward. I am even liking Jada Pinkett Smith's acting choices including the different vocal affects she takes on depending on who she is having scenes with.
They need to give us more than just wanting to get her face deep into Barbara's kitty to explain why Montoya is being such a beeyotch as far as Gordon is concerned though. I get she is supposed to be an honest cop and all but the hate towards Gordon is crazy considering he just got there.

ANd this trailer for the rest of the season looks :obama:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah Gotham is fukked up but it's supposed to be. The show has to continue to show how bad the city is and it's going to get worse. There has to be a reason for Batman to exist

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this show set in it's one little time era, cause those cop cars looked like something out of the 70's but Bruce was wearing headphones and i'm pretty sure i saw a touch screen phone.

Yeah it seems like it is. Adds to the idea that Gotham is special and unique.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not so impressed by the second episode:patrice:....so far penguin and jada are the highlights of the show....so i guess these episodes will be as good as the villans of the week...dont see how theyll keep this interesting without being able to add villans people care about....im not a comic fan so hearing about the dollmaker dont make me :krs:....i need to see the damn dollmaker....at least show him evily petting a cat or w/e his evil thing is that he does:mjlol:

How long they expect to keep non comic book fans interested with this?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How long they expect to keep non comic book fans interested with this?
No one involved with this show is losing any sleep worrying about comic book fans though, they make up a tiny portion of the audience that Fox wants for Gotham. They care about what the general TV viewing audience wants. ANd needing to see established Bat-villains is only an issue for comic book diehards. So The Dollmaker is more likely to be seen as an original villain for the show to non-comic fans and so they will give it more time to flesh out just who that character is as the season unfolds.