MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thought the pilot was pretty good for what it was. Showed that Gordon will be able to carry a show about Gotham without Batman, which a lot of dudes dismissed early on. I thought the introduction of some of the villains was a bit much as well. They happened way too soon, but I seriously don't think we'll be seeing much of them outside of the Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman (:beli:). What they're doing with young Catwoman is my only real beef with the show so far. I can get if they wanna show us her early days, but I don't know why they're having her witness stuff happening to Bruce. With the amount of focus they're giving her, they'll probably have them meet and start some kind of "friendship". That would really suck it they did :scust:.

Other than that, good pilot. You'll see the actors and writers come into their roles over time. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled by then :patrice:

I think this is a situation like SHIELD, where the producers, the network and the studio all want it to succeed so even if the ratings aren't great the first season, it'll get a 2nd season and it's already off to a better start than SHIELD had

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They killed off the Wayne parents to soon. We should have gotten a kid Bruce getting stuck in the cave and rescued by his dad prior to his parents being offed. Other than that, I thought the pilot was ok. Nothing spectacular. Bad dialogue and over acting all over the place though.

I was HAPPY they gotten that out the way IMMEDIATELY from the jump.... we all know the origin of how Bruce's parents are killed... it's been repeated EVERY SINGLE TIME.. there's no need to have a set up AGAIN for that. Plus, this show isn't about Bruce, but about Gordon... so, I am glad that they got that part immediately out the way and go directly towards what the shows' focus is about.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was HAPPY they gotten that out the way IMMEDIATELY from the jump.... we all know the origin of how Bruce's parents are killed... it's been repeated EVERY SINGLE TIME.. there's no need to have a set up AGAIN for that. Plus, this show isn't about Bruce, but about Gordon... so, I am glad that they got that part immediately out the way and go directly towards what the shows' focus is about.

Yeah I agree. The aspect of Bruce that its playing up, how this 12 year old copes, is something I haven't seen before. Normally we see him at age 12 then we see him 10 years later as an adult. It's nice to see Gordon interact with this kid who he shares a bond with and feel driven to clean up this town in order to not let this kid down

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought the pilot was pretty good for what it was. Showed that Gordon will be able to carry a show about Gotham without Batman, which a lot of dudes dismissed early on. I thought the introduction of some of the villains was a bit much as well. They happened way too soon, but I seriously don't think we'll be seeing much of them outside of the Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman (:beli:). What they're doing with young Catwoman is my only real beef with the show so far. I can get if they wanna show us her early days, but I don't know why they're having her witness stuff happening to Bruce. With the amount of focus they're giving her, they'll probably have them meet and start some kind of "friendship". That would really suck it they did :scust:.

Other than that, good pilot. You'll see the actors and writers come into their roles over time. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled by then :patrice:
th

I think Catwoman is going to be immediately addressed in the 2nd episode since the title of that episode is "Selina Kyle". Her being the unknown witness to Bruce's parents murder is clearly a have significance to this season overall. I got a gut feeling she's going to be Falcone's outcast daughter.....

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I enjoyed it.....i'm confident the show will be dope....but what everyone wants to know....was that the joker?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Pilot was trash. Like, really trash.

Bad acting, bad writing, bad directing, bad cinematography.

Show reminded me of why I dont watch network shows any longer. Everything about it screamed network show.

Even Logue whos normally a great actor seemed like he was slumming it for a cheque.

Unless it drastically improves I might not make it through the season.

Pretty much. The casting is by far its strongest point, although I can't see the dude that is playing Gordon pulling off the character properly.

Still, its only the pilot. :yeshrug:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I don't think so. I've read they plan to have several illusions to the joker as far as his identity on this show
That's dope if they plan to do that. That's one I want em to keep subtle. Joker has several origins, but to see a definite one already wouldn't really work imo. Like people have said, there's no Joker without Batman.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
There is a 2 year age difference between them kids.
And really the age difference between two pre-teens is something that bothers you?

It's just odd and makes me wonder how it will affect the whole dynamic between the two in the future.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Writing and acting mostly awful, so much corny forced dialpgue but its fox can't expect them to be subtle

I like the people they cast for falcons penguin and riddler

Wish this was on a different channel
Cosign. I kinda wish they had a completely different writers and directors. Imagine if the crew from breaking bad was doing this show :whew:
They need to slow the pacing way down and let us get to know the characters and the city itself. Than the big action sequences would have more impact. Its a tv show we have plenty of time to let things build up unlike a movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cosign. I kinda wish they had a completely different writers and directors. Imagine if the crew from breaking bad was doing this show :whew:
They need to slow the pacing way down and let us get to know the characters and the city itself. Than the big action sequences would have more impact. Its a tv show we have plenty of time to let things build up unlike a movie.

Brehs..it's the pilot. Breaking Bad didn't become the show it became from the first episode.