Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So Montoya is already a lesbian and she has a thing for Barbara Gordon Sr. :skip:

I'm really trying to take the show for what it is but some shyt is just :timmyimout:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This Pilot was trash. Like, really trash.

Bad acting, bad writing, bad directing, bad cinematography.

Show reminded me of why I dont watch network shows any longer. Everything about it screamed network show.

Even Logue whos normally a great actor seemed like he was slumming it for a cheque.

Unless it drastically improves I might not make it through the season.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked the pilot for what it was...basically setting up the Gotham universe and smacking all of the fanboys with pre-conceived notions upside the head and letting them know that this aint your Batman/Gotham.

The acting straddled a line between legit good (dude from Southland and Harvey Bullock) and over the top (Oswald and Jada Pinkett) but I think those decisions fit the characters.

The tone of the show is in line with where I wanted it to be too. They are keeping it bleak and gritty like a good crime drama should be.

The intros of all of the future Batman villains in the first ep was a bit much. they could have skipped Ivy and The Riddler altogether. I am also not a fan of Baby Catwoman being this involved in Baby Batman's life.

Baby Batman started off rough especially his talk with Gordon at the crime scene but by the time of his funeral he had that distant calculating beyond his years thing going on so I think he will work out. It is obvious this kid's strong suit is not pathos or grief.

I am not a Jada Pinkett fan but I have to give her credit for this Fish Mooney character. She is a psycho and seems to be enjoying the fukk out of every second of her scenes.

Oswald is going to be great. I was expecting him to be one way but the character took some decent turns and by the end of the show "The Penguin" showed that he is just as fukked in the head as Fish.

And Jim Gordon got thirsty lesbians coming after his girl!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I noticed this seems to be taking place in the 90s going by the cell phones and cars, meaning Bats would be around in the present. I wonder if they will ever do a flash forward episode:leon:
All of them flip phones!!!

Alfred's an aussie
Nah, he is from England. The actor is the son of the 3rd Doctor from Doctor Who.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
so they let rookies handle hostage negotiations now:laff:

The holes in the plot are already all over the place:scust:

Do you even know what a plot hole is?
Because this isn't a plot hole, you maybe think it's dumb but it's not a plot hole.

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
You people need to chill. A pilot should introduce the major players of the season and most shows do. It just seems silly because we've seen all of them before in movies, tv and comics. They are setting the stage for people that don't know shyt about Batman.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
ill give it a shot but i havent watched a tv show that wasnt AMC, CBS (Showtime) or Time Warner (HBO) affiliated in years. outside of suits....

these big budget fox, abc and nbc shows are always corny

Last edited: