Google Stadia flopped?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Google: buy my new product. This is what it’s going to do.:ehh:
(Product launches and does not meet the advertised expectations)
Fanboys: But but but...give them some time to work out the kinks :mjcry:

@rapbeats i hope you have the same level of patience, understanding, and support for minority owned businesses. Your stannery is disgusting. Queue the Juelz Santana gif.

Now...keep in mind the forum you’re on; EVERYONE here understands the challenge of launching the type of platform stadia is advertised to be. What we are saying is, for a mega company like Google, their words have significant weight to them, and they need to be called out for failing to perform as advertised. This idea shouldn’t be as appalling to you. It would be great if it work...and sure, someone has to take a few lumps and push through to innovate...but lets stop pretending google is above criticism. The future will be streaming and for that to work, the experience has to be absolutely the same across the board as it would be on a local machine.
never once stanned any google products. not stanning this one. i'm just telling the truth. just because you want to hate google for it doesnt mean i cant tell the truth. we all know google will abandon their products asap for no good reason. they may do the same with this too. thats besides the point i made about the day one release.

again its not stanning when people are on both sides. some say it aint working that well, others saying it works great, and the rest in between. this is obviously not even discussing their what i believe an intentional botch of the shipping(i think they did it on purpose so to not completely burn out the system with too many people on the network at the same time.) but thats just my personal theory. this is a gaming platform thats based on your network and there's. launching a platform based completely on the network is going to be laggy in my opinion week 1. It almost has to be doesnt it? its like dropping 10 nba 2k level games all on the same day on one console utilizing xbox live. you will have issues. some people wont be affected by it as much others will be doing so so and others will feel as if its unplayable. its a network thing. but I have a feeling that it will smooth out over time. now the question is, while it smooths out and if more people hop aboard, will their network be able to maintain that consistency? it depends on how many people jump in at the same time.

in addition, use my example above about nba 2k releasing and the lag fest. that is usually only for 2k players but it can also be for xbox live users in general or ps users in general on day one or after christmas when the kids get it for cheap. so i can see Stadia having issues for everyone when any top tier must have game drops since we're technically all on the same network all playing games. but this also can be smoothed out a lot with googles infrastructure. but we'll have to see. thats all i'm saying. i wont clown them and call them dead yet. lets see what happens. at least everyone isnt saying it sucked day 1. there were some positive reviews.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
never once stanned any google products. not stanning this one. i'm just telling the truth. just because you want to hate google for it doesnt mean i cant tell the truth. we all know google will abandon their products asap for no good reason. they may do the same with this too. thats besides the point i made about the day one release.

again its not stanning when people are on both sides. some say it aint working that well, others saying it works great, and the rest in between. this is obviously not even discussing their what i believe an intentional botch of the shipping(i think they did it on purpose so to not completely burn out the system with too many people on the network at the same time.) but thats just my personal theory. this is a gaming platform thats based on your network and there's. launching a platform based completely on the network is going to be laggy in my opinion week 1. It almost has to be doesnt it? its like dropping 10 nba 2k level games all on the same day on one console utilizing xbox live. you will have issues. some people wont be affected by it as much others will be doing so so and others will feel as if its unplayable. its a network thing. but I have a feeling that it will smooth out over time. now the question is, while it smooths out and if more people hop aboard, will their network be able to maintain that consistency? it depends on how many people jump in at the same time.

in addition, use my example above about nba 2k releasing and the lag fest. that is usually only for 2k players but it can also be for xbox live users in general or ps users in general on day one or after christmas when the kids get it for cheap. so i can see Stadia having issues for everyone when any top tier must have game drops since we're technically all on the same network all playing games. but this also can be smoothed out a lot with googles infrastructure. but we'll have to see. thats all i'm saying. i wont clown them and call them dead yet. lets see what happens. at least everyone isnt saying it sucked day 1. there were some positive reviews.
You're still missing the point. You keep bringing up scenarios that don't apply to this situation. How are any of the scenarios you brought up anywhere near the same thing? We don't know the number but we do know Stadia isn't widely available. No one is saying that everything should be perfect on launch. No launch ever is. But for a company such as Google it should have been better. Replace Google with any of the other big gaming companies and they would be getting killed and rightfully so. So why do you have issue with Google catching some heat? Not everyone hates it nor has everyone had problems with it but why do you act like its a crime to speak ill of the handling of this product and launch by a company that is notorious for these kinds of things?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're still missing the point. You keep bringing up scenarios that don't apply to this situation. How are any of the scenarios you brought up anywhere near the same thing? We don't know the number but we do know Stadia isn't widely available. No one is saying that everything should be perfect on launch. No launch ever is. But for a company such as Google it should have been better. Replace Google with any of the other big gaming companies and they would be getting killed and rightfully so. So why do you have issue with Google catching some heat? Not everyone hates it nor has everyone had problems with it but why do you act like its a crime to speak ill of the handling of this product and launch by a company that is notorious for these kinds of things?
wait are you talking about launch meaning the shipping issues, the missing codes, the fact that people can't get all of the perks they said that you were getting day 1? or we talking about if it works or not?

those are different discussions. well they could be the same if you say bad launch overall. i would agree.

the first part is terrible. i agree there. the 2nd part about does it work, probably gets a solid B. i havent heard one person say it was unplayable (i know someone will say it but i havent heard it yet.) and that is key for a streaming gaming setup. is it playable? if the answer is yes, then i'm playing it. we can get into the weeds about was i playing at 4k/60fps or 4k/30 fps, or 1080/6o fps. etc etc.

IS IT PLAYABLE on first day? on average it looks like that answer is yes.

Now here's the question lets play along with google and say everything is now being launched correctly with codes, and everyone is getting all the perks and specs as they stated with resolution and FPS.

Is that all that stadia was for? NO.

Why buy stadia when you have a console? or why buy stadia instead of a console or even PC?

The only reason is because you think by utilizing their cloud computers you can play games at such a hi-fidelity that you can play games that are made for $3,000 computers. because you will be getting the specs of those computers in the cloud.

or not?
if the answer is, i feel like im still playing on xbox one x quality than whats the point?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Did google delivery what they said they were going to deliver when they said they were going to deliver it?
If you can’t answer that with a simple yes or no then you are a Stan.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did google delivery what they said they were going to deliver when they said they were going to deliver it?
If you can’t answer that with a simple yes or no then you are a Stan.
we already know the answer to that is no. but we also know no one ever delivers like that. so my next question is, can you play the games on it are they playable? if the answer is yes. then its not a flop. its that simple. there's a long way between average and flop. a C and a F grade.

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
Dude I work with has it

He pulled up Destiny right in his browser and started playing but it was a little laggy. :ld:

Could have been our office network :francis:

But the concept of being able to game anywhere you have wifi is intriguing :patrice:

He also mentioned there was a monthly fee which I wasn't aware of

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
shyt reminds me of them angry video game nerd episodes where unnecessary consoles were released back in the 90's :dead:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Dude I work with has it

He pulled up Destiny right in his browser and started playing but it was a little laggy. :ld:

Could have been our office network :francis:

But the concept of being able to game anywhere you have wifi is intriguing :patrice:

He also mentioned there was a monthly fee which I wasn't aware of
nikka, Xcloud is GOAT. I gave Ben fukking with it for the last week.

Playing all of my Xbox games anywhere or playing the gamepass games anytime without having to download them?

Oh shyt...:ohhh:

I just figured out MSFT endgame with gamepass... They will essentially remove downloading games for gamepads and the moment you you see it available to play...you'll just press play and go.

I was fukking with their gamepads library and playing games instantly that I never downloaded

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone actually watched Digital Foundry's test and read other impressions? The tech works pretty good even on average connections. The whole hoopla was about the business model and certain things launching sub-par(some games not having the ultra 4K/60fps promise that was made months ago) etc.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They have time to improve until next gen arrives. Then, people will have a choice between Stadia or buying a new console.

They have to actually secure the next gen titles which costs money, and they might not be generating enough profit to really justify it. Like somebody said before this might've had a chance if it was a complete subscription based service that had games that didn't need to be paid for.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
At some point somebody might have said this about DVD Netflix and streaming Netflix.

This is unshackling end users from hardware. The issue is the way they're going about doing it doesn't work. The whole thing should be a service. If you're gonna make people buy games then people are gonna want some type of actual ownership of them.

Both Sony and Microsoft have plays on this as well. Perhaps the tech just isn't there yet but it's not too hard to imagine a future where it is there.

The internet is not good enough, at least not in most places in the US, to realize this goal. Going from DVD/Blu-Ray to streaming video was a realistic jump and made sense because you can pre-buffer it and it's not interactable. Games aren't in the same boat.

I think Google can tweak and fine tune this all they want but they won't be able to pull this off. Unless they just want to overhaul and improve the internet as a whole by themselves, which they could technically do since they have the resources. :yeshrug:

Mighty Mike

SOHH veteran
Daps
They have to actually secure the next gen titles which costs money, and they might not be generating enough profit to really justify it. Like somebody said before this might've had a chance if it was a complete subscription based service that had games that didn't need to be paid for.
You can look at it as paying for the service instead of a new console.
Right now, everybody has their PS or Xbox, there's no motivation to pay for any service and play what you can play on consoles that you own.
But once the new gen arrives, you'll have an option to pay for Stadia instead of paying hundreds of $$ for the new console to play the same game.

Again, it looks like they have much to improve before people will want to do that.