Google Stadia flopped?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
There's no such thing as a 2nd option to console or even space for whatever that is, they're buying one or the other, nobody's paying Google for the same games twice.
I can see something like stadia working for someone who owns a playstation, doesn't want to build gaming PC, but wants to play a game that's not available on playstation.

For example, I buy a ps5, but would also like to play something like outer worlds 2 without having to fork out cash for another console or a gaming pc for that one game, so a streaming service would be perfect in that scenario.

But I also dont see a strong enough market for that type of scenario to profit from it in any meaningful way.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when they do shyt like this that is obviously gonna be a flop from its inception it makes me wonder what it's really about.

shyt will probably end up being a write off for them in the end and it probably is about developing some sort of technology they can sell more than creating a viable gaming service.

or they're really just stupid and someone needs to be fired.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I’m not the target market but this whole play anywhere plan doesn’t intrigue me, when I’m outside the crib I don’t have time to game but what I’m really waiting for is someone to implement a true Netflix for gaming style experience and reading through this thread some have said xcloud achieved this :ohhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Maybe I’m not the target market but this whole play anywhere plan doesn’t intrigue me, when I’m outside the crib I don’t have time to game but what I’m really waiting for is someone to implement a true Netflix for gaming style experience and reading through this thread some have said xcloud achieved this :ohhh:
Gamepass is already there.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I can see something like stadia working for someone who owns a playstation, doesn't want to build gaming PC, but wants to play a game that's not available on playstation.

For example, I buy a ps5, but would also like to play something like outer worlds 2 without having to fork out cash for another console or a gaming pc for that one game, so a streaming service would be perfect in that scenario.

But I also dont see a strong enough market for that type of scenario to profit from it in any meaningful way.

Even then just because a game's on X, Y, Z doesn't mean it's coming to Stadia. New ports have to be made for it and there has to be incentive for developers to do it. That incentive won't be user base for a while if ever so that means Google will have to pay for these upfront, which is more than likely the reason for the weak library at launch. They were given a budget to get the thing off the ground.

Not to mention something that hasn't been brought up as much as it should is its true price. No point having Stadia without the top subscription, right off bat you're paying more over a gen just off the mandatory recurring charge...this isn't including still having to pay for the game itself. I guess you could argue the Netflix route of cancelling when there's nothing you want to play, but with Netflix I can leave the app on my phone and forget about it until I need it. This is a separate piece of hardware so it's not as convenient as what they want to emulate.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's great for people like me who work alot but don't actually work.. I usually watch movies all day at work but now I can play video games..

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
It’s amazing. I’ve never had an xbox but I’m playing halo and forza horizon on my old samsung s7. It’s the craziest thing and I’m actually jealous that kids will get this 5 years down the line and act like it’s nothing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Gamepass is more Netflix for games. xcloud will simply let you stream Gamepass.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Should just license a bunch old games and did a subscription service

How long before resident evil 4 gets ported over?::heh:

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
shyt is legit mind boggling that you bout to pay 60 plus per game and you not even guaranteed you will keep it. When it inevitably flops watch then cut the service and all the games people bought with it...then it’s gonna be a real shyt show

If that happens they need to have a way where you can transfer it to another service like steam or download it.