Google Stadia flopped?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
This was supposed to be the future bruh. Lmfao

They released this about 3-5 years too early

Naw the tech is ready. Nvidia shield and Shadow Pc proves this. Google just fukked up like they always do. LMFAO at charging 60$ for a 2 year old port. Nintendo can't even get away with that shyt.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can a big company like Google have blunders like this? I'm not a fortune 500 CEO and even I know that this is a bad idea. This shyt can only work in places like Japan, Switzerland, Hong Kong. Places where super highspeed internet is the norm. The US is a first world country that's behind technologically. Mega corporations like Comcast and AT&T have a monopoly/duopoly on internet services so there's little innovation.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
How can a big company like Google have blunders like this? I'm not a fortune 500 CEO and even I know that this is a bad idea. This shyt can only work in places like Japan, Switzerland, Hong Kong. Places where super highspeed internet is the norm. The US is a first world country that's behind technologically. Mega corporations like Comcast and AT&T have a monopoly/duopoly on internet services so there's little innovation.

It's not the tech thats the problem. Shadow PC has already proved the bandwith is there.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Google Stadia flopping =/= game streaming.

Shadow PC works and I've tried it. The bandwith and stuff works. I was amazed actually. Streaming a whole desktop PC to anything that runs the app. It's slightly more money but the advantage is if you buy games on there it's yours since you're actually paying for the game through whatever storefront you buy it from.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
At some point somebody might have said this about DVD Netflix and streaming Netflix.

This is unshackling end users from hardware. The issue is the way they're going about doing it doesn't work. The whole thing should be a service. If you're gonna make people buy games then people are gonna want some type of actual ownership of them.

Both Sony and Microsoft have plays on this as well. Perhaps the tech just isn't there yet but it's not too hard to imagine a future where it is there.
If they simply made it a subscription service most of us wouldn’t be out here laughing and wishing them the worst.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
If they simply made it a subscription service most of us wouldn’t be out here laughing and wishing them the worst.
I don't think anyone is wishing for this to fail. More competition is always better. We just see it for what it is. Another half hearted attempt by Google.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I don't think anyone is wishing for this to fail. More competition is always better. We just see it for what it is. Another half hearted attempt by Google.
I mean, I am. Charging a monthly subscription fee and having the audacity to charge full price for the games as well is pretty flat out disgusting to me.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Stadia out here like HULU. Got the audacity to charge me monthly and I gotta watch commercials? Nah. They tryna double-dip on the revenue sources, and there's only so long people gonna take that. Those who actually want to game like that aren't gonna run with that forever, especially once the new consoles come out. E3 is about to be the early death knell for Stadia - the moment real information comes out about the new hotness, people finna start saving, or even hit that rent-a-center nonsense, and just buckle down for a console. Ain't nobody tryna play Forza on a cell phone on the bus. Ol' fantasizing about having a car ass muthafukkas. They gonna sit there, play they candy crush, and move on with their lives.

Be different if they managed to get console exclusives from both sides of the aisle and offer a one-stop-shop to hit the latest Microsoft exclusive, then switch over and play some Spider-Man. But, as it stands, they finna just get frozen out. If I'm Google, I'm standing in Sony's lobby holding a boombox like it's fukking Say Anything, waiting for someone to come out so I can plead to be the facilitator of their console exclusives on the PC market - I'm offering profitshare, I'm promising to pay for the promotion my damn self, even for future games... hell, I'm even willing to present a full partnership to get Chrome on the PS4/5/vita/psp/whatever. I'm offering to put Sony products on the Google phones by default. I'd be out there offering SEO for the free forever - whatever it takes.

Because otherwise, this shyt is a flop-flop. And no amount of promised teraflops is saving it. They need to become Sony's entrant into the PC market, because it's something Microsoft already has, and if they can be that instead of Sony needing to run that themselves, it's really the only thing that's gonna keep them afloat. Offering people a chance to play God of War/Horizon/Spider-Man/etc. in 1080/4k on a browser without dropping for the console and getting the catch up on that story-driven stuff they never had the time for previously? Hell, Persona 5 would be huge for them, because people can dip in on a commute and do some day-to-day shyt in there, knock out some minutes and feel the progress.

Otherwise, this shyt is stillborn - dead before it's even out.