Google Stadia flopped?

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
when they do shyt like this that is obviously gonna be a flop from its inception it makes me wonder what it's really about.

shyt will probably end up being a write off for them in the end and it probably is about developing some sort of technology they can sell more than creating a viable gaming service.

or they're really just stupid and someone needs to be fired.

Yeah you find out it was a front to help people train google AI how to anticipate human decision making via gaming. Then you be like:

:ohhh: “Stadia was ass but the reason they released it is genius. They made you pay to train their AI..”

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Google ain't known for their games. Maybe if they had developed and published some first party titles... Ain't that what you supposed to do first????

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Because we tried burying those mistakes like dudes who kill their wives. Of all the damn consoles ive owned, that was the fukking worst
You must have never owned a Virtual Boy. I swear that's the reason for my terrible eye sight.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems you guys are forgetting one of the main reasons for stadia being that you can play PC games on a multitude of devices. and we can play those games at the highest of resolutions depending on your network connection. because google computers/servers are running the games. you no longer have to go out and purchase a new computer to play a game on the high settings. that should not be necessary . lastly, you dont have to purchase a computer at all due to you're using their servers. which will be better computers specs that most people can't afford.

^^That my friends is the real reason to go with a Stadia over say any streaming service from PS or XBOX.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You must have never owned a Virtual Boy. I swear that's the reason for my terrible eye sight.

the virtual boy at least had mario tennis, wario land and that confusing ass starfox like game. all the games on the jaguar were either meh, terrible, or could be found better elsewhere

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and again, not everyone thinks it sucks. I asked some people on another site about Stadia and NBA 2k20.

here are a few replies. everyone that tried it said they thought the latency was very good and didnt since a lot of lag or anything. they were complaining about the lack of updates for the stadia version of nba2k20 which to me is/was on 2k. someone in the thread said a few days ago they finally updated the stadia version.

Plays pretty well over WiFi but damn near perfect when hard wired. I’m very impressed. Just needs an update ASAP.

Picked it up on stadia since it's on sale and have been impressed so far with the latency, load times and graphical quality.

Don't regret this purchase one bit, although I agree that 2k (or Google) needs to step up and update their game. Don't know who's at fault for that one but it is a bit of an injustice that the rosters are from launch. If they don't fix this then I will change my tune but I'll give them some leeway for now.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
and again, not everyone thinks it sucks. I asked some people on another site about Stadia and NBA 2k20.

here are a few replies. everyone that tried it said they thought the latency was very good and didnt since a lot of lag or anything. they were complaining about the lack of updates for the stadia version of nba2k20 which to me is/was on 2k. someone in the thread said a few days ago they finally updated the stadia version.
I'm still not sure what you are arguing. We are not saying that it sucks for everyone. We are saying that Google didn't deliver on what they were promising and had any other company did the same they would be getting killed and rightfully so. I'm not sure what you are arguing at this point.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still not sure what you are arguing. We are not saying that it sucks for everyone. We are saying that Google didn't deliver on what they were promising and had any other company did the same they would be getting killed and rightfully so. I'm not sure what you are arguing at this point.
who said i was arguing at all? I wasnt. just stating the facts. did it flop? No. we know that launch was horrible. did we even need to ask that one? lol.

but we're acting like there's no use for stadia's idea. when in reality there is. now will google stay the course? probably not. lol.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
If I could play Console games AND pc games like football manager and Crusader Kings this shyt would be super intriguing

there is a market for this and some of y’all are just not seeing it

whether google will be the company to capitalize on it is another question

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I could play Console games AND pc games like football manager and Crusader Kings this shyt would be super intriguing

of course you could play those games. Stadia, is nothing more than servers connected to your network so you can play whatever games are loaded on said servers. thats it.

Google Stadia: everything we know | PC Gamer

With Stadia, you can stream up to 4K, 60fps, with 5.1 surround sound, at a minimum internet connection of 35Mbps. On Google's end, it's using the following hardware specifications:

• Custom x86 processor clocked at 2.7GHz w/ AVX2 SIMD and 9.5MB of L2+L3 cache
  • Custom AMD GPU w/ HBM2 memory, 56 compute units, and 10.7TFLOPs
  • 16GB of RAM (shared between CPU and GPU), up to 484GB/s of bandwidth
  • SSD cloud storage

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

Of course there is a market for it but all that we are saying is that at least in the US we are going to need some improvements to our internet service. I can't imagine what the data usage will be with this. I can already see ISPs rubbing their hands together thinking about how they are going to rape us even more than they do now.