Google Stadia flopped?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I mean, I am. Charging a monthly subscription fee and having the audacity to charge full price for the games as well is pretty flat out disgusting to me.

this is something that a lot of people are misinformed on, you don’t NEED the monthly subscription to play games on stadia. When stadia Base launches in 2020 (ie their “real” launch), all you need is any playable device and to buy the game from the service. The subscription is for 4K streaming and free monthly games like Games w/ Gold. You don’t even need the pro subscription to play with others online. In theory, people could play games like cyberpunk for only $60, an old controller and a laptop, which is obviously one of the biggest draws for the service (when it’s actually fleshed out)

That being said, I canceled my preorder due to their botched launch. I preordered in September and my package hadn’t even shipped yesterday, which I could’ve lived with had I received my email code as promised, but I didn’t get that as well, and I waited til I got off work before I cancel. There were tons people who even Received their Founders Edition package in the mail but even with the hardware...
54d4056de0f97_-_omar-code.gif

It’s a shame they blew their own launch so bad because most of the reviews actually say the streaming itself is better than the other options out there but they’ve failed to deliver (no pun intended) everything else around it.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Because some posters here want an ALWAYS ONLINE gaming future...:troll:
So I use xcloud now, both versions be it streaming from my console or xcloud and over a metro pcs connection and it worked fine :manny:

Hiccup free on wifi, only minor issues over data but halo 5 was playable.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
So wait... was the latency with Onlive worse than this? They obviously had nowhere near the capital. I have a nvidia shield and haven't gone near the streaming portion for fear of lag.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t stand this; in the OP it says it’s hard to review stadia at this point since it’s an ongoing service. No...it isn’t hard to review it. Google, one of the largest companies in the history of this planet with unimaginable resources claimed one thing and delivered another. That’s about as simple as it is. This nonsense of defending corporations needs to stop.
wrong. dropping a streaming service platform is the and it being reviewed day one or day 2 is the equivalent of reviewing the server stability for any online game on the first day out. You are reviewing it on the worst days of all for a network game. everyone and their great granny will be online using the same servers. that alone will kill some of the networks ability to function as stated. in addition, we're talking about network speeds and what can be delivered. unless consoles that have to wait 5+ years to see a new one or an upgrade. network speeds go up and up and up every couple of years. if not every year. If google doesnt abandon ship to early as they are known for. this could easily turn out to be a solid working 2nd option to consoles.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
wrong. dropping a streaming service platform is the and it being reviewed day one or day 2 is the equivalent of reviewing the server stability for any online game on the first day out. You are reviewing it on the worst days of all for a network game. everyone and their great granny will be online using the same servers. that alone will kill some of the networks ability to function as stated. in addition, we're talking about network speeds and what can be delivered. unless consoles that have to wait 5+ years to see a new one or an upgrade. network speeds go up and up and up every couple of years. if not every year. If google doesnt abandon ship to early as they are known for. this could easily turn out to be a solid working 2nd option to consoles.
:what::camby:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
But not everyone and their granny are using the service since not everyone has a code yet. So if they are struggling now, what's it going to be like once the masses get ahold of it?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But not everyone and their granny are using the service since not everyone has a code yet. So if they are struggling now, what's it going to be like once the masses get ahold of it?
its a combination of both. they are staggering the shipments. i dont care what they say, thats what they're doing lol. but you will still have that first day lag. everyone is TRYING it out that has it all at the same time.

but the truth is, everyone isnt having issues. you do realize this right? some are and some arent. issues are going to be due to different reasons. some due to google's stadia, others due to the persons network setup. i'm not just talking about speed. if you have high ping. its a wrap for you. your upload and download speeds aint that big of a deal.we're all on a decent connection for the most part if you're connected at all to the internet. i have the highest internet i can get in my area, but doesnt matter, my ping is pretty good but not great. why? i dont live close enough to my ISP's hub. If you're running at 30mb/s / 10mb upload. thats enough to play games at a high frame rate. but you need a low enough ping to keep things steady. click that reddit link below. read what some are saying. some love it. some like it but they experienced stuttering from time to time. but guess what, that happens to console users right now. some people have great connections while others are average or horrible.

Stadia

drifter

Superstar
Daps

Yeah well Google and nobody else has a "couple of years" grace period, that's not how this works. If I buy the box and subscription, I'm not trying to hear I'll need to wait just a couple years to play my games as was advertised. Either it's ready or it's not.

And this isn't presented as a 2nd option like you said, this is marketed as a console replacement. That means they need to sell customers on buying this over a Switch or the 2020 boxes. They haven't done that and they aren't going to. There's no such thing as a 2nd option to console or even space for whatever that is, they're buying one or the other, nobody's paying Google for the same games twice.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
its a combination of both. they are staggering the shipments. i dont care what they say, thats what they're doing lol. but you will still have that first day lag. everyone is TRYING it out that has it all at the same time.

but the truth is, everyone isnt having issues. you do realize this right? some are and some arent. issues are going to be due to different reasons. some due to google's stadia, others due to the persons network setup. i'm not just talking about speed. if you have high ping. its a wrap for you. your upload and download speeds aint that big of a deal.we're all on a decent connection for the most part if you're connected at all to the internet. i have the highest internet i can get in my area, but doesnt matter, my ping is pretty good but not great. why? i dont live close enough to my ISP's hub. If you're running at 30mb/s / 10mb upload. thats enough to play games at a high frame rate. but you need a low enough ping to keep things steady. click that reddit link below. read what some are saying. some love it. some like it but they experienced stuttering from time to time. but guess what, that happens to console users right now. some people have great connections while others are average or horrible.

Stadia
While I appreciate the effort you took to write the post that has nothing to do with what we are discussing. If you would have posted this instead of your original comment I would have agreed with you. But you said that what was happening was the same thing that happens for all new games when thr first launch which is not true.
Now I agree with you that the connection speed is not the only factor to consider(I like playing hardcore in arpgs and ping has lost me a few characters) and yes console players do have the same issue but they still have the option to play the game offline so its not the same.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Google: buy my new product. This is what it’s going to do.:ehh:
(Product launches and does not meet the advertised expectations)
Fanboys: But but but...give them some time to work out the kinks :mjcry:

@rapbeats i hope you have the same level of patience, understanding, and support for minority owned businesses. Your stannery is disgusting. Queue the Juelz Santana gif.

Now...keep in mind the forum you’re on; EVERYONE here understands the challenge of launching the type of platform stadia is advertised to be. What we are saying is, for a mega company like Google, their words have significant weight to them, and they need to be called out for failing to perform as advertised. This idea shouldn’t be as appalling to you. It would be great if it work...and sure, someone has to take a few lumps and push through to innovate...but lets stop pretending google is above criticism. The future will be streaming and for that to work, the experience has to be absolutely the same across the board as it would be on a local machine.