Google Stadia flopped?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
breh, you don't have to worry about updates or patches or owning physical games :blessed:

Until the network gets hacked or shut down and everything you can't access because it's on THEIR servers...:mjlol: and don't forget you need your isp NOT to throttle you and no caps good luck if your with Comcast in a rural area...:heh::bryan:

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Google been catching L's for a while. They got too big and LOL at them thinking ISP's are going to relax data caps to help people using Stadia.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Until the network gets hacked or shut down and everything you can't access because it's on THEIR servers...:mjlol: and don't forget you need your isp NOT to throttle you and no caps good luck if your with Comcast in a rural area...:heh::bryan:

And Google can pull that shyt from you whenever they want :ufdup:

I was joking dudes. This shyt sounds like trash.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just don't see what "problem" this "solution" is solving.
At some point somebody might have said this about DVD Netflix and streaming Netflix.

This is unshackling end users from hardware. The issue is the way they're going about doing it doesn't work. The whole thing should be a service. If you're gonna make people buy games then people are gonna want some type of actual ownership of them.

Both Sony and Microsoft have plays on this as well. Perhaps the tech just isn't there yet but it's not too hard to imagine a future where it is there.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Or I could just play them on PS4 with consistent framerates and not have to pay a monthly subscription or be concerned about latency and connection issues...

I just don't see what "problem" this "solution" is solving.
I don't see what their customer base is.

So someone who has an interest in video games but doesn't own a console or PC will buy a $60~$120 game, plus pay a subscription fee and a startup fee while having great internet?? That's a very weird customer base.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I don't see what their customer base is.

So someone who has an interest in video games but doesn't own a console or PC will buy a $60~$120 game, plus pay a subscription fee and a startup fee while having great internet?? That's a very weird customer base.

And top of that, no exclusives, sttrictly multiplats. So it's for gamers that aren't quite gamers?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I was hyped to try this shyt out, I really was brehs. I play everything, so no favoritism, I wanted to see how a company like Google would pull this off:ld:

I preordered the founders edition back in September, my shyt still hasn’t even shipped yet, which isn’t the biggest deal considering I should still be able to play destiny on stadia through the code (as google themselves have stated), but they haven’t even sent that either:martin:

If I don’t get a shipping confirmation or at least my access code by the end of the workday, I’m canceling my preorder and waiting til the free Stadia Base subscription comes out:hubie:

They’re definitely playing from behind at this point and xCloud is looking more and more like the potential front runner in the cloud gaming space. Google still has time to sharpen up before next gen comes (which is when their offering of playing next-gen games with no console becomes much more interesting to the average consumer looking at $500+ console upgrades) but I’ve been following Stadia pretty closely and despite a lot of misinformation out there, they’ve jagged their own launch:patrice: