God of War | PS4/ PC |

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Started this today after I copped it on sale 2 weeks ago.

I had my doubts about this but GODAMN this combat system is visceral :banderas:

Even fist fighting is satisfying...the fight with The Stranger :wow:
Game is actually challenging too...I've died 3 times so far :damn:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I'm pretty much done with the game. I completed every area at 100%. I don't have the desire to max out all armour and weapons... Niflheim was a pain in the ass, but the realm tears were the easy part to me.

For those that are struggling with tear 2... You have to keep Remnants stunned with Atreus's arrows, then you can do heavy damage with runic attacks. As far as the poision, you'll just have to keep moving and/or your shield up and arrows coming until you get close enough to use your runic attacks.

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Admission: it took me weeks to beat Sigrun because I didn't realize I could break her guard with a simple sheld break instead of wasting a runic attack to break her guard. I beat her after that(still using a resurrection stone)

I finally saw the video where some asian dude broke down her left and right movement patterns. I always guessed wrong and I'd always pay for it. After watching the video, I can probably beat her without taking damage.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Admission: it took me weeks to beat Sigrun because I didn't realize I could break her guard with a simple sheld break instead of wasting a runic attack to break her guard. I beat her after that(still using a resurrection stone)

I finally saw the video where some asian dude broke down her left and right movement patterns. I always guessed wrong and I'd always pay for it. After watching the video, I can probably beat her without taking damage.
Link to video...
Tired of losing to this bytch:mjcry::sadcam:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Link to video...
Tired of losing to this bytch:mjcry::sadcam:

And of course, I can't find the video, so I'll break it down the movement patterns and what I used to beat her:

Axe: Njord's Tempest light runic attack; The River of Knives heavy runic attack..... Looking back I didn't like using the axe on Sigrun or any of the valkyries, but you can lose spamming any runic attacks you have.

Blades of Chaos: Cyclone of Chaos light runic attack; Gift of Apollo Heavy Runic Attack..... The BoC is my preference for Valkyrie fights because they cannot easliy escape it range, whether on ground or in air; Just be patient and don't spam regular attacks with runic attacks because the AI will counter with unblockable attacks(like the aerial pounce Sigrun does). The Gift of Apollo is the game changing attack because it gives you health while using the blades, but only if you make contact with enemies. Keep that in mind when using it.

Talisman(optional): I can't remember it's name, but it basically slows down time for 5-6 seconds. This is useful for gathering health on the battleground safely without getting murdered. Sigrun will make you pay if you try to pick up health without your defenses up.

Ok, now for movement patterns.....

Ground

Sigrun Dash Right= Unblockable wing spear.... roll right.... and don't get caught in corners.

Sigrun Dash Left= Alternating wing attack... Hold shield up 2x for each side

Sigrun Quick Dash Back=Spinning wing attack, Hold shield up, then be prepared to move or roll quickly because....

Aerial Pounce comes either after the alternating or spinning wing attack... that bytch moves fast, so you have to react quickly. I know this isn't a ground move, but she links it with ground moves, so it's important to recognize the signs.

Also after that spinning attack, sometimes she just leaves your field of vision, which cancels your lock-on targeting. Don't panic, just hit the down button on the directional pad to see what's behind you. Generally, she will be in your field of vision, then you can re-establish your target lock.

Ice Barrage.... easily countered by blocking with shield for regular blasts, then roll out of the way for the final unblockable blast.

Scythe rush.... there are two types, but generally the one she does, you have to evade twice by rolling backwards from reach. If you get hit by the second wave, you be blinded for a short moment and your lock-on will have to be re-established. The other rush, which she rarely does, can be parried with your sheild, then countered with a runic attack.

Wing guard..... Easily break her guard with your shield, then counter with a regular or runic attack

Aerial.... anytime Sigrun flies in the air, spam with a couple of arrows to prevent her from doing those unblockable, instant kill attacks. If her animation isn't interrupted, then the attacks you'll see can be evaded easily, then countered. Just be patient, but react quickly.

Flying rush.... generally done 1-3 times. Easily evaded by rolling. Counter when she lands.

Aerial pounce .... done 1-3 times.... easily evaded by rolling or sidestepping(I roll everytime). Counter after she lands.

Ring projectile.... Shield for the kamikaze attack(rolling is useless. You'll still take damage) and roll for the unblockable attack.

Spam Atreus's arrows and aminal attack(the Crow joint is most effective. It follows wherever she goes) during the entire fight.

You can cancel most of Sigrun's attacks(not aerial pounce) by going into rage mode... kinda like a combo breaker...

Maybe get a health resurrection stone for insurance.

That's how I beat her.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
@QuintessentialBM
giphy.gif

Thanks breh..
If I could rep you more I would..
Going to try tonight:salute:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
beat the game, killed all the Valkyries, closed the realm tears, freed the dragons, & completed the dwarves favors

still got chest to open and ravens to kill but I feel good with what's done. I'mma give this one a 4.75/5. Probably the most fun and fulfillment I've had playing a game since Ratchet & Clank:obama:

that secret ending with Thor :wow: Atreus being Loki :ohhh::patrice:Freya out for revenge :gucci: bytch shoulda raised her child right like my man Kratos :umad:

Wondering who The Guardian is:lupe: