Go to a Birthday Party for a girl you barely know and be expected to pay $3,500 brehs

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
Dudes story seems fake as hell. I'm gonna need more people to weigh in on this whole "we can only split the bill 2 ways" thing because I've legit never heard of that.

Even assuming it's true, I can't relate. I've known the same people since high school, with a handful of additions over the years. We argue over who is going to pay the bill, but not because we're broke. :mjlol:

Fred.
if its a party then the server suppose to ring each item in by guest/seat. But that can take longer and get confusing when factoring in drinks, apps, and desserts. And then printing off 12 receipts then swiping 12 cards takes way more time and effort then 1

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
if its a party then the server suppose to each item in my guest. But that can take longer and get confusing when factoring in drinks, apps, and desserts. And then printing off 12 receipts then swiping 12 cards takes way more time and effort then 1

I get that but any group (2 or above, let alone 12-15+ like dude said) they automatically ask how many bills it is. When they take your order.

I worked in restaurants for 20+ years, ate at pretty much any type of place you can imagine. I ain't never even heard of the restaurant trying to figure that shyt out at the end of the meal.

Not saying it's impossible but I've never experienced it professionally or casually.

EDIT:

And yeah it sucks to split a bill, especially one that size, but again I've seen restaurants do it. If they flat out said "we can't", that's a lie.

Fred.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I think he got around the 2 cards rule by paying at the bar. They probably wouldn't want 15 cards at the bar...But no doubt there were women at that table who ordered way more than they would have normally because they expected someone else in the group to pay. Usually a man.

So he didn't order his food at the table....he ordered at the bar

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
if its a party then the server suppose to each item in my guest. But that can take longer and get confusing when factoring in drinks, apps, and desserts. And then printing off 12 receipts then swiping 12 cards takes way more time and effort then 1

It's not confusing ...the software used easily tracks who gets what.....and the server is supposed to update the machine each time someone's wants something

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
It's not confusing ...the software used easily tracks who gets what.....and the server is supposed to update the machine each time someone's wants something
I used to be a bartender and foh manager....it can be confusing but if the server is doing their job and there are food and drink runners, it should be easy, especially if more than one server is working the party.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
as a canadian, it blows my mind how splitting the bill is managed in the states. every video i see, it's about the restaurant saying they only split the bill a certain way and y'all need to figure it out. over here, they ask u together or separate and everyone pays their own tab or one person pays. if it's a restaurant where it's a bunch of food and not single orders, u just split it however many people there. it can be 10-15 people and they'll split it 15 ways no problem. it's not even a topic

It works that same way at MOST restaurants. I don’t know for sure which place they went to but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it was a trendy black owned spot. Now those restaurants, especially in Atlanta, have all types of schemes to rob you of your money. Those are the spots that don’t want to split the bill, will put automatic gratuity on a table for 2, and still ask you for an additional tip, don’t take reservations, etc……

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It works that same way at MOST restaurants. I don’t k ow for sure which place they went to but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it was a trendy black owned spot. Now those restaurants, especially in Atlanta, have all types of schemes to rob you of your money. Those are the spots that don’t want to split the bill, will put automatic gratuity on a table for 2, and still ask you for an additional tip, don’t take reservations, etc……
I won't go. I Google the diner if I'm invited and never been. I know servers hate when you ask for splits at the end which is why I put them on notice before they start running tabs.