Gentrification in Jamaica, Queens

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
IDK I remember all the shops/stores being run by them (minus them Key Foods lol) I just assumed they lived in that area as well...

Def Asian and Jewish. First time I ever seen them cats with the big brimmed hats and little curls lol...women walk up and down the streets pushing strollers is all I saw :heh:

Hell, that same type of gentrification happening right here in DC too...can't escape it I guess :yeshrug:

I'm scared the Coliseum Mall not gon be there when I go back to visit...or it'll be some gastropub with Artisan cheeses and crusty breads lol

Yeah I don't think you gotta worry about the coli block for now lmao.

If you mistaking Bengali people for Arabs they are there but towards hillside on the other side of Jamaica estates. And then when you go further down hillside and union tpke which run parallel, toward Nassau, you hit bellerose where all the Indians with money live. Arabs are only heavy in Astoria in Queens.

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
Barclay center is no where near Jamaica :wtf:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

The reason why real estate is a mess is because all the new money foreigners are buying up/renting property. So it pushes everyone else out further and further. There are sections of Jamaica that are beautiful as hell.

My bad, I butchered my original post. I meant to say the reason Brooklyn property value blew up is because of Barclay Center.

Theres no venue near Jamaica for me to think its going to be gentrified like Downtown Brooklyn.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
The biggest problem is that a lot of public properties are now being privatized.

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
Dog you don't get it..The "sexy" spots have been accounted for 10 years ago...They want EVERYTHING WITHIN CITY LIMITS at this point . The NY Times are putting out lists of places within the city that are still "hidden gems" Rockaways, East Harlem, The Bronx,Flatbush etc buudonheermedoe

I get that, but Jamaica isn't within city limits, Its really not that close to anything.
The spots in Queens near Manhattan are already being gentrified, Long Island City has gotten a massive makeover the past couple years. Theres like a new building there, every week.

Flatbush is close to Barclay Center, and downtown Brooklyn. They already gentrified Bed Stuy, so I expect Flatbush is be next.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point its not about convenience to Manhattan. Now they're just buying up plots to knock down and put up a 4-6 family. But Jamaica's definitely convenient to Manhattan with the LIRR. Just about anywhere west of LI can get to the city in under 30 min if its LIRR accessible.

Ain't nobody living in Queens and taking the LIRR to work over the MTA that is 120 dollars more a fukking month, unless you have bread you ain't doing that shyt you might take the MTA bus that goes straight into the city but you ain't buying a LIRR pass to go to the city everyday to get to work.

Plus Queens SE and Northside of Queens you ain't buying homes and you need a fukking car in Queens to get around since most of Queens is two zone fare it just ain't built for real gentrification but people want to buy homes in queens so they can knock it down and build four family homes and shyt and lose the beautifulness of Queens with these ugly ass homes.

Queens always reminds me of LA suburbs

Daps
I get that, but Jamaica isn't within city limits, Its really not that close to anything.
The spots in Queens near Manhattan are already being gentrified, Long Island City has gotten a massive makeover the past couple years. Theres like a new building there, every week.

Flatbush is close to Barclay Center, and downtown Brooklyn. They already gentrified Bed Stuy, so I expect Flatbush is be next.

Jamaica is about as far if a shorter distance than Rockaway Beach but they're sniffing around there as well

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Ain't nobody living in Queens and taking the LIRR to work over the MTA that is 120 dollars more a fukking month, unless you have bread you ain't doing that shyt you might take the MTA bus that goes straight into the city but you ain't buying a LIRR pass to go to the city everyday to get to work.
You'd be surprised...I know some very regular people with monthly lirr passes. Its pretty much convenience versus cost. I take a 20-30 minute drive to work everyday with a toll versus $2.75 and a hour and a half commute.

Like you said a lot of Queens is a 2 fare zone. Your city commute can easily touch 2 hours. I'd pay extra to shave an hour off that.

Last edited:

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Yep , it’s true. Melinda Katz promised to do this when she took office and she’s doing it. Houses used to be dirt cheap, not anymore.