Gentrification in Jamaica, Queens

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
The McDonald's on the ave got remodeled, they opened up a Starbucks and now they got plans for a fukking Chipolte :why:Mad cacs and asians roaming on the ave, I even seen some on coli block. My boy told me a cac family just moved in his neighborhood. His father has been getting mad offers to sell his house from Jews and other assortment of cacs. Jamaica finna look like Middle America in a couple years.​
Ain't this 50's hood? :dead:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
I get that, but Jamaica isn't within city limits, Its really not that close to anything.
The spots in Queens near Manhattan are already being gentrified, Long Island City has gotten a massive makeover the past couple years. Theres like a new building there, every week.

Flatbush is close to Barclay Center, and downtown Brooklyn. They already gentrified Bed Stuy, so I expect Flatbush is be next.

Flatbush aint next..its been going through it. The amount of new construction going up is ridiculous.

Daps
Don't know why any blacks would choose to migrate south, especially in this climate. Should the nation devolve into all out civil strife, black people are walking targets in the south, where blacks in the north will have a greater advantage against a largely disarmed white populace.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
My bad, I butchered my original post. I meant to say the reason Brooklyn property value blew up is because of Barclay Center.

Theres no venue near Jamaica for me to think its going to be gentrified like Downtown Brooklyn.
Again you're wrong. Long Island City is insanely gentrified. I been there my whole life. Its all faux luxury apartments now.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You can't just own a block, you gotta be all up in your local politics too. That's the biggest difference between Chicago and ATL. ATL nikkas own blocks and run the city.

Asians are the have the least voter turnout, and they own their blocks. Politics/voting can help, but it isn't the ultimate requirement. Blacks should focus on business/ownership first, politics second

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
Asians are the have the least voter turnout, and they own their blocks. Politics/voting can help, but it isn't the ultimate requirement. Blacks should focus on business/ownership first, politics second
For whatever reason, whites love them

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not happening in Queens, unlike Brooklyn the majority of black families in Queens are homeowners and are planning on leaving their homes to their children.