Gentrification in Jamaica, Queens

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Not my style.

I have family on my mom's side in Atlanta...that moved there from NJ via VI...but everywhere I've been to in the South I've really disliked and had real bad experiences in. So no thanks.
:manny: Your loss. Try not to get swallowed up by gentrification and the NYPD. There's no amount of money I would move back up north for

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Barclay center is no where near Jamaica :wtf:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

The reason why real estate is a mess is because all the new money foreigners are buying up/renting property. So it pushes everyone else out further and further. There are sections of Jamaica that are beautiful as hell.

Exactly. You can get to midtown in 25-35 mins what is breh talking about?

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
:ehh: So Ya'll going to have a second great migration back to the south?

We saved ya'll a plate this new years.:wow:

Not me.

I'm African, and from my travels to Houston for summer research internships, i've come to realize there is no place in the South with a strong community of my culture there is up here. Plus i have no family down there.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Not me.

I'm African, and from my travels to Houston for summer research internships, i've come to realize there is no place in the South with a strong community of my culture there is up here. Plus i have no family down there.
Make sense. That post was all in fun and was more so aimed at us African americans.It's a lot of strong African immigrant communities up north especially like New York and like the DMV.

Why y’all pretending like there aren’t hella Nigerians in Texas and West Indians in Florida
It's a lot of west indians here. That's for sure.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
St. John's area always been asian and jewish. Where you get Arabs from?

IDK I remember all the shops/stores being run by them (minus them Key Foods lol) I just assumed they lived in that area as well...

Def Asian and Jewish. First time I ever seen them cats with the big brimmed hats and little curls lol...women walk up and down the streets pushing strollers is all I saw :heh:

Hell, that same type of gentrification happening right here in DC too...can't escape it I guess :yeshrug:

I'm scared the Coliseum Mall not gon be there when I go back to visit...or it'll be some gastropub with Artisan cheeses and crusty breads lol

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Why y’all pretending like there aren’t hella Nigerians in Texas and West Indians in Florida

There were a hella lot of em in Houston from my time there and I have all love for my brothers. :salute: But I'm a Ghanaian, and I found very little of my own countrymen down there during my research program.

The farthest South I'd be willing to go is the DMV(which I will likely be hopefully moving to next year for med school)

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
There were a hella lot of em in Houston from my time there and I have all love for my brothers. :salute: But I'm a Ghanaian, and I found very little of my own countrymen down there during my research program.
It's a few Ghanaians here in Florida. One of my best friends in HS was Ghanian. His name was A- Lo-Dai (i don't know how to spell it) but it's not like a big community of them here. Like it is up north.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
This is not in Queens but one of my coworkers whose parents have a brownstone in the BX(near the Concourse area) have been getting hella offers from this newly married white family relocating from Pittsburgh offering them a buttload of cash for their place.

It's a nice hidden spot only 2 blocks from the 4 train(luckily there's no white presence in that area yet) :salute:

His parents already planned to pass down the house to him and his siblings once they reitre back to Africa so the white family were turned down 3 times before they finally stopped sending letters.