Gentrification in Jamaica, Queens

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Dog you don't get it..The "sexy" spots have been accounted for 10 years ago...They want EVERYTHING WITHIN CITY LIMITS at this point . The NY Times are putting out lists of places within the city that are still "hidden gems" Rockaways, East Harlem, The Bronx,Flatbush etc buudonheermedoe

This won’t work in Queens because we had black representation in Queens for the longest with Helen Marshall. Helen Marshall instituted polices that helped black folks own homes in the Jamaica area. There’s a housing program in Queens that allows you to split the cost of a house in Queens as long as you stay there for a minimum of seven years. After seven years that home is yours to do whatever. A lot of black people was able to buy houses because of that program.

Again, No way those black folks from Jamaica to Laurelton to Cambria heights are allowing cacs to come through without getting paid heavily.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:ehh: So Ya'll going to have a second great migration back to the south?

We saved ya'll a plate this new years.:wow:
Not all of us want to live in the South.
:scust:

Especially not Me and my family we hate the South.
Most fukking racist place we've ever been to.

For context....we African and West Indian...

Daps
This won’t work in Queens because we had black representation in Queens for the longest with Helen Marshall. Helen Marshall instituted polices that helped black folks own homes in the Jamaica area. There’s a housing program in Queens that allows you to split the cost of a house in Queens as long as you stay there for a minimum of seven years. After seven years that home is yours to do whatever. A lot of black people was able to buy houses because of that program.

Again, No way those black folks from Jamaica to Laurelton to Cambria heights are allowing cacs to come through without getting paid heavily.

Totally forgot there are a lot of homeowners out there...They won't be out there due to lack of trying tho

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

I'm African and have a decent sized social circle of black people of all origins.... AA, West Indian, African.... multiple times I've heard from people down here that it's less racist. I never see police. Everyone is relaxed and friendly. That shyt is a myth.

Part of it depends where you go... my family spent a year in Harlan County for reasons my dad still has yet to explain nearly 30 years later. THAT was racist. We got chased out of towns at times. Young PAWGs parents hated that my parents had a much nicer house than them.

But in a major southern city you will be aight. Don't be a dumbass and go off what you hear. Black people NEED to come down here. I have yet to hear of any educated black person coming down here and not doing well

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I'm African and have a decent sized social circle of black people of all origins.... AA, West Indian, African.... multiple times I've heard from people down here that it's less racist. I never see police. Everyone is relaxed and friendly. That shyt is a myth.

Part of it depends where you go... my family spent a year in Harlan County for reasons my dad still has yet to explain nearly 30 years later. THAT was racist. We got chased out of towns at times. Young PAWGs parents hated that my parents had a much nicer house than them.

But in a major southern city you will be aight. Don't be a dumbass and go off what you hear. Black people NEED to come down here. I have yet to hear of any educated black person coming down here and not doing well
Not my style.

I have family on my mom's side in Atlanta...that moved there from NJ via VI...but everywhere I've been to in the South I've really disliked and had real bad experiences in. So no thanks.

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
A Starbucks is the first horsemen of the gentrification apocalypse

o5rksk.jpg

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps

That post was in good fun but White supremacists are everywhere. Don't let them game you african brehs into thinking it just the south. Cacs gentrifying neighborhoods is a form of racism to me.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall

I stay in Laurelton and my stays out in St Albans. My boy's pops already got offered a fukking grip a couple of times. He turned em down obviously because he's leaving the house to his kids as inheritance. So you're right brehs are definitely not selling their houses for cheap. 2 people from his area already sold their cribs though one sold to an Indian family and the other to a white family. The Indian family already trying that fukk shyt about "playing music too loud".​