Gentrification in Jamaica, Queens

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Renting is not owning your block....stop it
I do not know one property owner who got ran out of their property.

The problem are owners that can't afford to pay rising property taxes anymore and decide to leave.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Not me.

I'm African, and from my travels to Houston for summer research internships, i've come to realize there is no place in the South with a strong community of my culture there is up here. Plus i have no family down there.
It's just cause you don't know anybody. It's very easy to meet people here. Much easier than up north. My network is bigger after 5 years down here than 30 years in NY :francis:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
There were a hella lot of em in Houston from my time there and I have all love for my brothers. :salute: But I'm a Ghanaian, and I found very little of my own countrymen down there during my research program.

The farthest South I'd be willing to go is the DMV(which I will likely be hopefully moving to next year for med school)
Yeah I’m in the DMV now and I love it
Ain't this 50's hood? :dead:
for what I understand southaide is different than Jamaica

Truetalk

Banned
Daps
shyt is crazy I was over there by st. John's University and the Arabs have that area on lock. Theres Asian and white people living in 40 pjs. The Mexicans have a lot of numbers as well, to the point where they turned the basketball courts in 48 Park into a soccer field. The neighborhood is really changing before my eyes and it's clear to see black people are being left behind. And soon to be pushed out.

I thought nyc and east coast blacks love latinos and other races the way they always cape for them on the coli on this thread yall sound like yall are upset

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
The McDonald's on the ave got remodeled, they opened up a Starbucks and now they got plans for a fukking Chipolte :why:Mad cacs and asians roaming on the ave, I even seen some on coli block. My boy told me a cac family just moved in his neighborhood. His father has been getting mad offers to sell his house from Jews and other assortment of cacs. Jamaica finna look like Middle America in a couple years.​
You try to reach out to 50 Cent to turn in back to 134 Guy Brewer?

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Don't know why any blacks would choose to migrate south, especially in this climate. Should the nation devolve into all out civil strife, black people are walking targets in the south, where blacks in the north will have a greater advantage against a largely disarmed white populace.
Mf u think we ain’t armed down here ???:gucci: Y’all live in states with only 12% Blacks ..our states is damn near 40% ..we good

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
condo going up at 169th and hillside avenue right outside the subway stop, I seen it a few months ago getting prepared.

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ain't nobody living in Queens and taking the LIRR to work over the MTA that is 120 dollars more a fukking month, unless you have bread you ain't doing that shyt you might take the MTA bus that goes straight into the city but you ain't buying a LIRR pass to go to the city everyday to get to work.

Plus Queens SE and Northside of Queens you ain't buying homes and you need a fukking car in Queens to get around since most of Queens is two zone fare it just ain't built for real gentrification but people want to buy homes in queens so they can knock it down and build four family homes and shyt and lose the beautifulness of Queens with these ugly ass homes.

Queens always reminds me of LA suburbs

Yea, my girl works in long island,and she takes the train to the nice bus instead of the LIRR, she uses the LIRR for emergencies only. She makes a very good salary too.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I'm African and have a decent sized social circle of black people of all origins.... AA, West Indian, African.... multiple times I've heard from people down here that it's less racist. I never see police. Everyone is relaxed and friendly. That shyt is a myth.

Part of it depends where you go... my family spent a year in Harlan County for reasons my dad still has yet to explain nearly 30 years later. THAT was racist. We got chased out of towns at times. Young PAWGs parents hated that my parents had a much nicer house than them.

But in a major southern city you will be aight. Don't be a dumbass and go off what you hear. Black people NEED to come down here. I have yet to hear of any educated black person coming down here and not doing well

You'll never convince my east coast self to move down South. :scust:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
The problem is the lack of violence towards cacs, Asians and Arabs. Mexicans in LA attack cacs and cacs' property (cars) who live in their neighborhood after dark, and the cavs move elsewhere. This is what Blacks should do. Just attack cacs, Asian, Arabs cars. Spray paint it up. Break windows. They'll leave.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:advocate for even more blacks to be put in jail brehs