Generally speaking..do you respect the South?

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
one thing about the south i can't hate on is that you can get a mcmansion on a decent salary....it's like people in mid-management are living lavish .....if they were up north they'd have studio apartments

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I'm from up north (PA and Jersey).

I don't think the south is about that life like us up in the north (hoods and shyt.. but that's a good thing)

And i do generalize and think yall not as smart as us.

Yall really gotta clean up your grammar

I do respect the lifestyle though and think it's a good place to raise a family and there are a lot of opportunities to excel.

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Like how you attach respect with speech patterns and vocal tones rather than the 90K that she makes for excelling in YOUR field...:lupe:

I know there are exceptions to everything. However, the people who I've met and worked with who are from places like Louisiana and Mississippi have the worst grammar and are lazy/limited when it comes to learning (Louisiana almost seems like a third world country). It's almost like acting like anything other than a slave is frowned upon with them. I work with a 40 yr old woman from Mississippi who, referring to the employees she supervises, yesterday said, "dey ain't seen me ghetto. Dat gull gone make me lose my professionalism." This chick makes $90K.

This is not an elitist thread as I was born and raised in Houston.

The question I posed is rhetorical..but, I don't get the mentality..maybe it's still remnants of slavery.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
You get what I'm saying?

Words are added to the English language every year

Lil Wayne says the word "bling"... Then everyone starts using it as a synonym for shiny jewelry.... Then they place it in the dictionary as an real word :what:

Bling can be a word but, " ain't" can't be :what:

Nothing in this language makes any damn sense: blue/blew :what:

Language, like other aspects of culture change with time. :manny:

Spanish is the same way. "Asistir" is to attend, but then "atender" is to assist.

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Hmm...

You should go to the south and test that hypothesis....and put in on World Star Too...Show the world the south "Ain't about That Life"...:pachaha:

I'm from up north (PA and Jersey).

I don't think the south is about that life like us up in the north (hoods and shyt.. but that's a good thing)

And i do generalize and think yall not as smart as us.

Yall really gotta clean up your grammar

I do respect the lifestyle though and think it's a good place to raise a family and there are a lot of opportunities to excel.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Just for starters, this school in Georgia just had it's first integrated prom.

Students hold Georgia school's 1st racially integrated prom - U.S. News

Lol, your example is that racism is still here?

:comeon: Argue semantics if you want, but don't act like you have never met someone who has difficulty articulating themself.

Yes I have and it's not particular to the south.

I'm From the south and rarely meet people that have a hard time articulating themselves

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to say it, but the Midwest isnt immune to this. I like St. Louis and Chicago, but have you heard them nikkaz talk????:deadrose:

nikkaz sound just like they from the south.

I can tell the difference between the two. Down South nikkaz talk slower and less clearly:yeshrug:

But some cats in chicago do sound country as hell though. But some don't

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
:pacspit::pacspit:I have no respect for the south, i was born in N.O and the people are backwards thinking morons, my folks are still down there and my mom is a supporter of Sarah Palin and Glen Beck, so that tells why i have not seen them in over 9 years and have not even spoken to my step father in 12 years, these people are fukking morons.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol, your example is that racism is still here?

Yes I have and it's not particular to the south.

I'm From the south and rarely meet people that have a hard time articulating themselves

:dwillhuh:

Only in the South do you have segregated proms in 2012 and i'm not shytting on the South just for the kicks. I was raised in ATL, but C'mon statistics will tell you the South is behind the rest of the nation in many areas.