Generally speaking..do you respect the South?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I enjoy the casual, friendly, laid back behavior of it all...can't seem to shake that o think a lot of southerners are slow; but that's my problem not the region. I can do without all the religious shyt too...

All and all I respect them...and I could really see myself living in Atlanta, Charlotte, or Raleigh, maybe even Florida...but florida gives me a different vibe than the traditional south.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I enjoy the casual, friendly, laid back behavior of it all...can't seem to shake that o think a lot of southerners are slow; but that's my problem not the region. I can do without all the religious shyt too...

All and all I respect them...and I could really see myself living in Atlanta, Charlotte, or Raleigh, maybe even Florida...but florida gives me a different vibe than the traditional south.

Yea us Floridians are generally not considered your traditional southern people because it's a helluva transplant state.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People always confuse vernacular or dialect with intelligence, usually to their own detriment. That's why people can't relate to blacks in general because we talk "different" whether we be from the the north, west or south.

I'm from South Carolina, born and raised and still go to college here. At the end of the day, I can talk that talk and sound "proper" and but I feel my comfortable wit my twang
:manny:; It comes off of the tongue easier and sounds more natural for me.

I ain't ever fail an english or literature exam tho :smugfavre:. People gotta remember, United States English isn't proper English either, and it sounds funny to a lot of other people.

Ain't ever?

:heh:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
southern cuisine :lawd:

That shyt will make you fat with heart problems and diabetes..I don't eat that nasty shyt..

Do I respect the south? fukk no..how am I gonna respect people that are beneath me..I'm a city slicker and my thought process is on another wave length..I don't roll with slow pokes..I will never in my life visit the south..wtf for? Maybe, just maybe..I'll go there to cop a pair of gators when I get back in my pimping mode..but other than that..fukk to the hell no

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That shyt will make you fat with heart problems and diabetes..I don't eat that nasty shyt..

Do I respect the south? fukk no..how am I gonna respect people that are beneath me..I'm a city slicker and my thought process is on another wave length..I don't roll with slow pokes..I will never in my life visit the south..wtf for? Maybe, just maybe..I'll go there to cop a pair of gators when I get back in my pimping mode..but other than that..fukk to the hell no

*Queues, Pimp C- Quit Hatin The South* sucka fuk boi :pimpc:

Daps
Reppin
i wanna hunnid and fitty thousand!

smh at this blatant white boy

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Parts of the South are decades behind the rest of the nation. But then you have places like Atlanta that have more HBCU's than any other city. Also it's the city that birthed MLK.

But as a whole the region is definitely distinct from the rest of the nation. Even when you account for the rural nature of each region, the South still has a distinct culture from n other rural areas of the country like the mid-west or rural areas of the Northeast.

Where and how are these places decades behind?
I just don't understand why it's acceptable in most of the south to speak such broken English.. How do they let you out of third grade and you can't properly speak your own language...

This isn't an accent issue I'm talking about people not knowing how to put sentences together.

The concept of proper English is the dumbest shyt ever.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

You get what I'm saying?

Words are added to the English language every year

Lil Wayne says the word "bling"... Then everyone starts using it as a synonym for shiny jewelry.... Then they place it in the dictionary as an real word :what:

Bling can be a word but, " ain't" can't be :what:

Nothing in this language makes any damn sense: blue/blew :what: