Forspoken official Thread (PS5/PC) OUT NOW!

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Damn this looks dope!!!!!!:gladbron:

FGfj6oLXMAkgU-A

FGfj7HDXEA8ENrC

FGfnxsqWUAcAw1B
they really have a franchise here
Good on Ella :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Forspoken puts magic at the center of everything, from combat to exploration
Luminous Productions on the magic spells and parkour in Forspoken
www.gamesradar.com
With Magic Parkour traversal, a wealth of spells to make use of, and a battle and progression system that allows you to customize your experience, Forspoken continues to speak to my RPG-loving heart in all the best ways. And with an intriguing story and a strong, complex protagonist who gets caught up in extraordinary circumstances, Luminous Productions' debut title shows a lot of potential. Even after the recent release of the latest story trailer, there's still a lot of mystery surrounding Frey's adventure and the world of Athia. And I can't wait to seek out some answers and experience her journey for myself when it releases next year on May 24, 2022.

Forspoken: Hands-Off Preview - IGN
We saw an extended look at Forspoken, an eccentric take on the open-world RPG from Square Enix's Luminous Productions which aims to set a new bar for art and technology for the Japanese developer.
favicon.ico
www.ign.com
Mixing and matching a fantasy world with a New York heroine certainly is a vibe, as they say. While Athia is filled with magical jargon like the Break — a dark blight that's corrupting the world when Frey joins; and Tantas — a group of evil sorceresses who rule over Athia, Frey is not cut from this same cloth. Frey won't spout fantasy-tinged monologues; she's a bit of a potty-mouth, cussing at enemies while blasting them with magical powers.

The upgrade system, too, is unconventional. While Frey will be able to improve her powers and stats by upgrading her cloak, she can also gain special abilities and buffs using magical nail polish. Overworld travel is also done using magical parkour, which lets Frey cover large distances on foot, dashing across fields or jumping to high locations.

I like this kind of off-kilter take on the JRPG formula, just like how I enjoyed the road trip flavor of Final Fantasy 15. It won't be for everyone, particularly purists, but it's new even if maybe just a slight cringe. But I'm willing to take this ride if only to see what Luminous Productions has up their sleeves for their first official outing.
The Gamer | This JRPG Still Has a Whole Lot to Prove
I'm really tearing this thing apart, and I don't intend to, but it feels like it could have been presented in a more compelling way to avoid the cynicism that comes with a project that has clearly been focus-tested so it can appeal to the largest demographic possible instead of chasing a vision that feels original. Forspoken needs to have something to say and not just try to be a fantasy adventure with all of the bells and whistles we've come to expect from such a blockbuster. If it can take the weaker elements of Final Fantasy 15 and curate them into a bold, original adventure it could be truly special, but right now I'm not so sure.

Console Creatures
Forspoken has always been on my radar and after seeing a bit more of the upcoming title from Luminous Productions, I am intrigued but there is much work to be done until launch. I can see some relation to Final Fantasy XVgiven how familiar a lot of the gameplay elements feel even if they are not as similar by looking at them. I am in the camp that the last numbered entry was a ton of fun, even a bit disjointed but the battle system in Forspokenfeels like it drew from the work of Final Fantasy XV.

FanByte
Overall, I'm not sure if I needed to be more sold on Forspoken, but I'm definitely interested in playing it still. There's a number of unanswered questions, but my two major issues with Final Fantasy XVwere movement and story, and those at least seem to be Luminous Studio's two major focuses this time around.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is why I can understand some cats not being overly hyped by that matrix “game” demo even tho I enjoyed it for what it was…look at how they had this shyt looking when they first teased it

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this is why I can understand some cats not being overly hyped by that matrix “game” demo even tho I enjoyed it for what it was…look at how they had this shyt looking when they first teased it

Thats not project athia thats the UE5 tech demo, Forspoken is made by square enix in the luminous engine, they aren’t related at all