Forspoken official Thread (PS5/PC) OUT NOW!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I’m def seeing something different than other people cause this looks fun to me. They just really need work work on the performance. The loading to bring up menus and framerate look ass.

The actual traversal and magic system look like they are gonna be fun in conjunction with each other. I like the way the game is handling gear and skills progression also

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
  • Performance Mode – 1440p resolution at 60FPS
  • Graphics Mode – 4K resolution at 30FPS
  • Ray Tracing Mode – Features ray tracing

“We really have included a lot of unique PlayStation 5 hardware features when we were developing this game,” said Aramaki. “For example, using the adaptive triggers, we added tactile feedback when you’re using the different types of magic. We’ve got lots of different magic spells you can use in the game, and the planners and designers sat down and worked out how to differentiate the feedback you get from controller for each of the magic spells.”

Square Enix details Forspoken PS5 graphics modes and haptic feedback features

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
vlcsnap-2021-12-13-13h31m25s191.png

vlcsnap-2021-12-13-13h32m21s249.png

vlcsnap-2021-12-13-13h32m33s363.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PC Gamer likes it

The first footage was a showcase of Forspoken's open-world traversal. Frey descended from Cipal, the last bastion of humanity in a world consumed by a corrupting miasma called the Break. (Cipal is presumably Forspoken's hub city.) With magic parkour, Frey streaked across and over the landscape in a sustained sequence of dashes, gravity manipulation, double jumps, and conjured ziplines, trailing streaks of glimmering magic as she did. There's no way to know how it feels until it's in our hands, but it looks as fluid and satisfying as you'd hope for the thing you'll be spending most of your time doing.

Forspoken makes spellcasting look magical for once

RPG Gamer liked it a lot also

Athia is a constantly evolving world, with environmental changes impacting gameplay from time to time. As the preview reached its final stage, a “Break Storm” suddenly fell over Frey. These storms change the overall appearance of the area and are home to incredibly challenging monsters. With Cuff’s encouragement, Frey puts up a good fight, but when an enormous monster appears, it’s soon game over. The last part of the stream showed a Quick Load option should Frey’s journey have an abrupt ending.

Overall, I was quite impressed with this early build of Forspoken, and I am looking forward to seeing just how the game progresses the further along in its development it gets. Portions of its gameplay and visuals remind me somewhat of the stronger components of Final Fantasy XV, and I was impressed by the scope of the environments as Frey traversed across them. If I had one concern at the moment, I think it would be that there’s a sense of “loneliness” permeating the overall game outside of the overcrowded Cipal. Given the plot emphasis on “finding oneself,” that might be very intentional.

Forspoken Preview | RPGFan

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
it was just 3 minutes of running
3 minutes of running through straight emptiness, a glimpse of some typical ability progression menus, then bombing a bunch of goons that did nothing but run in circles.

they already took that shyt down so obviously they felt some type of way about it. shills gonna shill but that is not how you present gameplay

the frames being jank are whatever. but its even worse considering nothing crazy was even happening :dead: