"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I had a chance to cool down and think about it.

I don’t think Sirianni called a good game at all, and he definitely should have used Sanders more. That said, I don’t want a run-first offense in 2021. Howie and Lurie don’t want that either. The most efficient offenses are the ones that can pass, and if they have to feed Sanders because Hurts can’t be relied on, then Nick Sirianni isn’t our biggest problem, Jalen Hurts is. Better to give Hurts a chance to see if he can win it with his arm. And if he can’t? Then it’s time to start looking at QBs in the 2022 draft.

But, let’s remember, it’s only Week 3 in an 18-week season. Sirianni is still a rookie HC, Hurts is still a rookie QB, and there are 14 more games to go. This is a year for evaluating the roster, we were never going to be a great team. We’re going to get ugly games. Let’s just watch and see who flashes.

I agree this season is a final exam. I dont think it's a rush to bench or change QBs either way it's a win win due to draft capital

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Yeah, they obviously shouldn’t change QBs now, because Flacco and Minshew aren’t going to give you anything that Hurts can’t.

Sirianni could have helped Hurts a lot more with the run game, but Hurts was panicking under pressure, looking to run way too often, and often missing the easy passes Sirianni did dial up. And at the end of the day, Hurts has to be the the guy the offense flows through, not Sanders. If he can’t be relied on to do that, then we need another QB.

One thing I think we also just need to accept is that this just isn’t a very talented team. :yeshrug:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I had a chance to cool down and think about it.

I don’t think Sirianni called a good game at all, and he definitely should have used Sanders more. That said, I don’t want a run-first offense in 2021. Howie and Lurie don’t want that either. The most efficient offenses are the ones that can pass, and if they have to feed Sanders because Hurts can’t be relied on, then Nick Sirianni isn’t our biggest problem, Jalen Hurts is. Better to give Hurts a chance to see if he can win it with his arm. And if he can’t? Then it’s time to start looking at QBs in the 2022 draft.

But, let’s remember, it’s only Week 3 in an 18-week season. Sirianni is still a rookie HC, Hurts is still a rookie QB, and there are 14 more games to go. This is a year for evaluating the roster, we were never going to be a great team. We’re going to get ugly games. Let’s just watch and see who flashes.
Dude aint even run on a 1st down from our 1 yard line

in fact he went empty backfield

the coach is the main problem period

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
His footwork was horrible last night. He wasn't stepping into his throws at all. He never looked comfortable in the pocket. .
This is my issue too

Everyone keeps trying to bring up arm strength, but when he steps up properly in the pocket or is rolling to his right we've seen him throw some beautiful deep passes.

It's the rushed passes with awkward footwork where he puts up the pop flys that are the problem

I think he's a worker so I'll expect to see alot lesss of that going forward, but if he can't get comfortable in the pocket it's an issue

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Hurts, Sirianni, and the LBs all look ass so far
How many times is Hurts going to underthrow jump balls into double coverage. Seth Joyner called him a 1 read QB in the post game and right now that’s what it seems like. Stays locking on a receiver and staring them down, lead to a pick 6 in this game
Also Hurts ability to roll out and accurately throw on the run looks sus so far. Even when sirianni tried to put in some short/intermediate plays to get hurts in a groove he was throwing behind dudes or under throwing it :snoop:

And if your 2nd yr QB is so shook and mid looking that the announcers start jeulzing about him “basically being a rookie” then why the hell make him drop back 30+ times. Especially when Dallas was using a balanced blueprint to run the ball down your throat to the point your defense was on edge getting hella pre snap penalties. Kellen Moore, who was the other top candidate for the Eagles job, was literally showing his dumbass the benefit of a balanced attack and sirianni dug in even more putting pressure on a mid Hurts :francis:

corny ass LBs misread all game, never plugging their gaps on the run plays. Singleton made blocking TEs look like Kelce out there, always 3 steps behind on the route then got juked out his mullet on that one long play up the sideline. Sucked seeing Parsons on the other side showing what having a stud LB might look like

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Let's see if the veterans step up to this coach and help him like Doug. He needs it and Howie or somebody should of had someone around older for him. This is not college

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Dude aint even run on a 1st down from our 1 yard line

in fact he went empty backfield

the coach is the main problem period
They both sucked and Sirianni should have called more run plays, I already acknowledged that. He was terrible.

But I don’t want to have to rely primarily on the run because we can’t pass, either. And if that’s what we have to rely on this year because Hurts can’t be trusted to be an efficient passer, then the Eagles need a new QB in 2022.