"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Rent aint get paid brehs im sorry. I'll be staying here until next week if anybody needs me
tentsbridge.jpg

I need my quotaback to get his shyt together.
That shyt was ugly last night. Gotta read quicker and step into his goddamn throws :damn:
Starting to piss me off cause it's happening on way too many throws where he just arms it in there and it's inaccurate where if he'd just step into itd be there.
:to:
But also this team never gets ahead of the sticks. Never. Its always 2nd and 8+ 3rd and 6+.
It makes it so hard to get some kind of rhythm or drive going when you basically have 1 down to get a 1st down cause you aint doing shyt on 1st and 2nd.

Now u really seeing our pain for the past three years under Pederson and now Sirianni. Even that fourth down play before their last TD, didn't even make that manageable if u know u are in four down territory.

At least we aren't bugging and u see It's such a drop off from Sean Payton to those two in regard to keeping ahead of the sticks.

Hurts is a weird guy, I have seen him zing some throws and I'm just impressed :whoo:and then the next few plays he just floats the ball or throws behind guys.and I'm like:patrice:

Like u said, he is not stepping into his throws consistently and with it he is not throwing with anticipation on those deep and intermediate routes.

The guy waits for someone to get open and then let's it go.

Even saw a short route last night behind the line of scrimmage almost turn into a disaster cause he didn't anticipate where Miles Sanders was gonna be on his short route and floated it to almost be a pick six by the defender

On the deep routes, it drives me crazy, I rather overthrows than underthrows, It is gonna be much harder to overthrow guys like Watkins, Reagor and Smith. U make the read, no safety help, ok and Let it rip early. Throw the guy open deep on one on one coverage. He has left a lot of big plays cause of that.

And RUN the damn ball!! :damn: offense shouldn't be running through hurts every damn play

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:russ:

When I was watching Hurts miss wild open receivers in a panic, underthrow, overthrow, throw multiple screen passes that should have been intercepted and took to the house ......
I was thinking man, @B1G_controversy gotta be sitting home like :mjlit: right now

He's done it all season

This hurts me (no pun intended :mjlol:)..when we get good QB play, we generally make the offs

This could be a wild card team with better QB play

We knew we needed to win through the air and we saw what the passing game looked like

One read & run for dear life

Devonta was open ALL NIGHT...this is sad

Daps
I mean, when they traded for Gardner minshew, like 2 weeks before the season, EVERYONE should've known what the deal is.

An org doesn't trade for a starting caliber QB just to keep him as the backup. It was a clear signal that they didn't want Hurts.

now they running an offense that is 75% pass and 25% run just to expose him.

Hurts will get replaced so they can "See what they got in Minshew".

And bet they "open the offense" / "gameplan for the new QB" to make Hurts look even worse.

They were never gonna give Hurts a real shot at success after last year.

The Minshew trade was more of an indictment on Joe Flacco than Hurts. They knew Hurts was a question mark, but there were no questions about Flacco after the preseason. He's cooked. Only possible reasons he's not the emergency QB and Minshew the backup at this point is because Howie gave him all that money and Minshew arrived like the last week of training camp, so he doesn't know the offense yet.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Sirianni criticism is valid, he's been too pass happy, but the notion that it's some horrible offense is just not true. We have access to All-22's, he's dialing up open receivers every week. He's gotta grow into his play calling, but anyone saying he's gotta go is just as silly as drawing a conclusion on Jalen already.
There are some big things that I don’t like about Sirianni, and I’m certainly not going to argue that he’s a good head coach right now. But I don’t understand how anyone can watch wide receivers running open all over the field and seriously think he’s the biggest problem with the offense. The biggest problem with the offense, right now, is that we have a QB who can’t read a defense, can’t throw accurately, and can’t work in a pocket. And no offense is going to look good with a QB like that.

I'm still willing to see if Hurts and Sirianni can grow this season, and I haven't drawn any conclusion on either of them. But right now, I really do think Hurts is the limiting factor for the offense.

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
There are some big things that I don’t like about Sirianni, and I’m certainly not going to argue that he’s a good head coach right now. But I don’t understand how anyone can watch wide receivers running open all over the field and seriously think he’s the biggest problem with the offense. The biggest problem with the offense, right now, is that we have a QB who can’t read a defense, can’t throw accurately, and can’t work in a pocket. And no offense is going to look good with a QB like that.

:wow:

Truer words never spoken

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Sirianni criticism is valid, he's been too pass happy, but the notion that it's some horrible offense is just not true. We have access to All-22's, he's dialing up open receivers every week. He's gotta grow into his play calling, but anyone saying he's gotta go is just as silly as drawing a conclusion on Jalen already.

I dont have ALL 22 access...and I have heard from people who have access said the WR are open. Now- that just tells me Nick Kotite is a good play designer but that doesnt mean he is a good head coach and to me his gameplans and playcalling are indications he isnt ready. That doesnt take Hurts off the hook though.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

How is this not primarily a coaching issue

This was probably his weakest game but it just doesn't tell the story. Jalen was running for his life all game. The Bucs were rushing 4 for him all night because they knew we weren't going to run the ball and we didn't (Until the end). The Offense is not balanced at all. You can't put this much on a young QB when you a running back as good as Miles. I think Siranni constantly calling passes all the time is hurting the offense. 1 Carry for Miles a whole half. Really? The whole Offense is put on Jalen shoulders every game when it doesn't need to be.

Also the kid never quits, he keeps fighting. Even Brady was a little shook that Jalen was going to get the ball again right there. Until Siranni calls a more balanced game plan like he did in ATL, I'm not fully blaming Jalen. The glass Half Full story is these are the Defending Champs. We never gave up just like against the Chiefs. There's some timing issues Jalen needs to work on in his reads. But low key, if we didn't get that B.S. Taunting call. I think we had the momentum right there. Also Jake missed a FG so Jalen and the O really put up 25 on the Bucs. Look New Coach and QB is technically a rebuilding year so this is apart of that. But we are hurting ourselves on O by not running the ball. Defenses don't have to do much but rush the passer.

ERTZ IS TRADED TO ARIZONA!!

Damn, that's wild. That's why he was crying last night. Damn man.