"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
That Brady throw on the run to AB was just HOF x HOF :whew:, no shame in losing the game on that one. Defense rose to the occasion and looked 100x more respectable than they did against Dallas or KC, credit to Gannon and his guys for evolving.

Emotions are running high about the offense, but tonight was a great example : Brady's the best ever, and he missed tons and tons of throws. The issue isn't Jalen missing, it's that you can't miss more than you make. He's had three games this season where he flat out didn't have it, gotta be better than that and find a consistent floor. I'm hopeful he can navigate that territory and find that for himself.

Sirianni criticism is valid, he's been too pass happy, but the notion that it's some horrible offense is just not true. We have access to All-22's, he's dialing up open receivers every week. He's gotta grow into his play calling, but anyone saying he's gotta go is just as silly as drawing a conclusion on Jalen already.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
That Brady throw on the run to AB was just HOF x HOF :whew:, no shame in losing the game on that one. Defense rose to the occasion and looked 100x more respectable than they did against Dallas or KC, credit to Gannon and his guys for evolving.

Emotions are running high about the offense, but tonight was a great example : Brady's the best ever, and he missed tons and tons of throws. The issue isn't Jalen missing, it's that you can't miss more than you make. He's had three games this season where he flat out didn't have it, gotta be better than that and find a consistent floor. I'm hopeful he can navigate that territory and find that for himself.

Sirianni criticism is valid, he's been too pass happy, but the notion that it's some horrible offense is just not true. We have access to All-22's, he's dialing up open receivers every week. He's gotta grow into his play calling, but anyone saying he's gotta go is just as silly as drawing a conclusion on Jalen already.
If your philosophy is to put the ball in a hands of a quarterback who is deficient in finding the open guy something needs to change. I'd opt to maybe centering the around Sanders and Gainwell and let the offense build off that this RPO shyt with Jalen always pulling just isn't the answer.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Who are they trading Zach Ertz to? They talking on postgame live like this was his last game and saying he was extra emotional in the locker room.
Arizona and Buffalo are the teams that keep getting hinted at. Makes sense since they're a combined 9-1 and both in full blown win now mode.

At this pt my biggest worry is that we get three top 15 picks and fukk them up

i have no faith in our GM

outside of potentially Devonta and Miles…what have we done right in early rounds lately
Our top 15 picks since Howie was in that position are Graham, Cox, Lane, Wentz, Barnett, and DeVonta. Hitting picks in the top half of the 1st is the one spot where you can't really get on him.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
If your philosophy is to put the ball in a hands of a quarterback who is deficient in finding the open guy something needs to change. I'd opt to maybe centering the around Sanders and Gainwell and let the offense build off that this RPO shyt with Jalen always pulling just isn't the answer.
That's fair, and i think they are gonna tweak things and ease more into the traditional running game. But like @KingCesar mentioned a few weeks back, taking their current approach is both what you want out of a modern offense (early down passing), it shows the faith they have in Jalen, and it allows them to properly evaluate if he can grow into handling that responsibility.

I don't mind throwing Jalen into the deep end of the pool and taking these lumps, I want to see if he can navigate these struggles and grow. Even if they find more of a balance (which I think they will) I still want to be pass first and let him get these reps. The plays are there to be made, he's just gotta evolve with his anticipation and fundamentals.

Last edited:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Some thoughts

Jalen had a bad game, missed throws and seems to be late in making these shot play passes and someone needs to really work on his footwork. But at the end of the day, he's a rookie and I have patience with him

Play calling: I'm just gonna say, as soon as we open up the run game. Offense gets going. It's week fukking 5, it's not a hard fukking aspect to get. I bought into the skeptic's changing there tune about nick

But man I've lost complete faith in dude, he's in over his head and they should have gotten like Jim Caldwell type og coach to help out with play calling

Defense: as much as we shyt on them, they been holding it down to keep these games closer than it should be.

At this point we gotta hope Miami keeps losing and the colts win 1 or 2 games and have the titans lose..so that Wentz gotta keep on playing

Always love posting in these threads with y'all.

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I mean, when they traded for Gardner minshew, like 2 weeks before the season, EVERYONE should've known what the deal is.

An org doesn't trade for a starting caliber QB just to keep him as the backup. It was a clear signal that they didn't want Hurts.

now they running an offense that is 75% pass and 25% run just to expose him.

Hurts will get replaced so they can "See what they got in Minshew".

And bet they "open the offense" / "gameplan for the new QB" to make Hurts look even worse.

They were never gonna give Hurts a real shot at success after last year.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Rent aint get paid brehs im sorry. I'll be staying here until next week if anybody needs me
tentsbridge.jpg

I need my quotaback to get his shyt together.
That shyt was ugly last night. Gotta read quicker and step into his goddamn throws :damn:
Starting to piss me off cause it's happening on way too many throws where he just arms it in there and it's inaccurate where if he'd just step into itd be there.
:to:
But also this team never gets ahead of the sticks. Never. Its always 2nd and 8+ 3rd and 6+.
It makes it so hard to get some kind of rhythm or drive going when you basically have 1 down to get a 1st down cause you aint doing shyt on 1st and 2nd.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
So many things wrong with this team it’s kind of hard to know who to blame
Maybe they don’t run the ball enough because the defense is always giving up early scores and the team is always down playing against prevent defense for half the game
Maybe Sirianni offense looks ass because it’s all Hurts can handle
Maybe Hurts looks ass because the offense isn’t creative or maybe he looks ass because he’s being forced to account for 90% of the teams offense at a young age :dead:

Seth Joyner pointed this out but in the postgame Sirianni said something about the RPO being good because you only need to make one read :patrice:
Was he giving us a hint into the limitations of Hurts :lupe:
Only time will tell I guess. This is supposed to be a rebuilding year so I’m not hitting the panic button on Hurts or Sirianni yet