"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Losing the NFC Champ game was the worse loss IMO

That was the day i stopped giving a fawk
I still watch .. but I don't allow the outcome to affect me the way it did before that game

Never again will I care more than the actual players

Yup. That was the day I realized I cared entirely too much about this franchise and sport. I put SO many fukking holes in my aunts walls. The repayment set me back 30 lifetimes. :russ::russ:

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I really want to see more of Milton Williams, McPhearson, and Davion Williams this season

We need to know if we have bldg blocks on the def side of the ball

In what role would you like to see McPhearson? Davion Taylor finally saw some game action and I didn't realize one of the reasons he hadn't received much run this year, is due to nagging injuries.

So apologies @Box Factory for leading you astray in the GDT. I thought he was just on the path to being another guy. Just read Roobs article from yesterday where he mentions the injuries:

It’s taken him a long time to get here, but Davion Taylor is finally a big part of the Eagles’ defense.I

Taylor has had a rough go of it lately. He suffered a calf injury on Aug. 3 – just a few days into training camp – and struggled for weeks to get back on the field. He missed the opener, played nine snaps in Week 2 against the Cowboys, aggravated the injury, missed Week 3 vs. the 49ers, and then played nine more snaps against the Chiefs.

As for Milton, breh been getting snaps. He tends to get a little over 1/3rd of the defensive snaps. Cowboys game he got 2/3rds, obvious reasons there in that blowout. With two of the very best DT's in the league, you can't take them off the field that much to give him a ton of snaps. Where he is at right now is just fine. The other two I can understand your desire to see more of though.

EDIT: Link to Roobs article here. Davion Taylor shines in longest career stint

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
In what role would you like to see McPhearson? Davion Taylor finally saw some game action and I didn't realize one of the reasons he hadn't received much run this year, is due to nagging injuries.

So apologies @Box Factory for leading you astray in the GDT. I thought he was just on the path to being another guy. Just read Roobs article from yesterday where he mentions the injuries:

It’s taken him a long time to get here, but Davion Taylor is finally a big part of the Eagles’ defense.I

Taylor has had a rough go of it lately. He suffered a calf injury on Aug. 3 – just a few days into training camp – and struggled for weeks to get back on the field. He missed the opener, played nine snaps in Week 2 against the Cowboys, aggravated the injury, missed Week 3 vs. the 49ers, and then played nine more snaps against the Chiefs.

As for Milton, breh been getting snaps. He tends to get a little over 1/3rd of the defensive snaps. Cowboys game he got 2/3rds, obvious reasons there in that blowout. With two of the very best DT's in the league, you can't take them off the field that much to give him a ton of snaps. Where he is at right now is just fine. The other two I can understand your desire to see more of though.

Quite honestly, bc McPherson balled over the summer, I wanted him to start. I didn't want Steven Nelson. Nelson has actually played well but we need our young guys to get burn. I want Williams to get 30 to 35 snaps a game. I want to see Taylor on obvious passing downs.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Quite honestly, bc McPherson balled over the summer, I wanted him to start. I didn't want Steven Nelson. Nelson has actually played well but we need our young guys to get burn. I want Williams to get 30 to 35 snaps a game. I want to see Taylor on obvious passing downs.

He balled? That's news to me, I heard promising things but balling seems to be an embellishment. However, given his age and being home grown, I fully get where you are coming from.

I would love for Davion to not just get burn on passing downs, I want him to take someones job and keep it. I've been trying to get myself sold on him for over a year.

Milton either has caught your eye, you are on the youth train or you have soured on Cox (please be adults byrdgang lol). Which is it? Or is it something I haven't considered?

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
He balled? That's news to me, I heard promising things but balling seems to be an embellishment. However, given his age and being home grown, I fully get where you are coming from.

I would love for Davion to not just get burn on passing downs, I want him to take someones job and keep it. I've been trying to get myself sold on him for over a year.

Milton either has caught your eye, you are on the youth train or you have soured on Cox (please be adults byrdgang lol). Which is it? Or is it something I haven't considered?

The word from training camp was that Mcphearson was gonna be adequate starter from day 1.

im not sure if Davion can hold up against the run yet.

Williams can play DT & DE. Keep in mind, we also rotate DL regularly to keep them fresh. Williams can absolutely get 30 to 35 snaps a game. There were 42 backup DT snaps on Sun.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The word from training camp was that Mcphearson was gonna be adequate starter from day 1.

im not sure if Davion can hold up against the run yet.

Williams can play DT & DE. Keep in mind, we also rotate DL regularly to keep them fresh. Williams can absolutely get 30 to 35 snaps a game. There were 42 backup DT snaps on Sun.
Zech looked good in camp but once live games started he looked real raw, he struggled quite a bit in those NE/NYJ preseason games.

I would've hated to throw him into the fire on the outside right away, a lot more comfortable with him as the 4th corner ready to step in when needed. Slay/Nelson/Maddox all staying healthy for 12 more games feels slim at best, so odds are McPhearson's number will be called sooner than later.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Damn Sidney Jones is ass :mjlol:
Wasn’t he a top CB prospect coming outta college????

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
Damn Sidney Jones is ass :mjlol:
Wasn’t he a top CB prospect coming outta college????

this is why I’m on some not drafting players that have an injury history out of college shyt !! I want no parts whatsoever , no matter the upside , it’s a huge risk

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Yall want me to make the game thread
smiley.png

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
this is why I’m on some not drafting players that have an injury history out of college shyt !! I want no parts whatsoever , no matter the upside , it’s a huge risk
I didn’t pay attention to him in college but wasn’t he a top prospect before the injury?

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
I didn’t pay attention to him in college but wasn’t he a top prospect before the injury?

he was & Kevin King as well , but idk both of those guys seem to struggle in the NFL , I feel like the schemes covered their weaknesses.