"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Daps
If we lost today, I kinda felt like we might win the Thursday night game because that's just kinda the way fukkery goes with us

Let's hope for cold weather. Bucs have always struggled in Philly when it's cold . Probably won't matter but it's something that might help

:mjtf:

Breh.

You didn't seriously just say that in an Eagles thread, did you?

Daps
Worst loss of the andy reid era in my mind... I remember me and every single eagles fan thinking bucs didnt have a chance because of the cold....... I blame Ja Rule though

It's arguably the worst loss in Eagles history, including both Super Bowl losses.

The city starving for a championship, last game ever at the Vet, highly favored, and most likely would have trampled the Raiders in a rematch of their first Super Bowl loss. Then how the game started, scoring in less than a minute after Brian Mitchell returned that kickoff??

Yeah, biggest loss ever because the stars had aligned and the anticipation and expectations were so high.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Worst loss of the andy reid era in my mind... I remember me and every single eagles fan thinking bucs didnt have a chance because of the cold....... I blame Ja Rule though

2008 title game hit me harder only because you could tell it was the last ride with McNabb, Dawk, Westbrook, Tra, Runyan, etc

Blew Arizona out during the regular season, you couldn't tell me we weren't going to the Super Bowl that entire week :francis: Couldn't tell me our tickets weren't booked after that long DeSean TD to complete the comeback :francis:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Lamar’s crazy 4th quarter comeback triggered some very unfortunate memories of that 2018 Eagles-Panthers game. I was rooting against the Colts, and I still felt myself getting irrationally angry. But in the end, that was the ideal Indianapolis game. Wentz plays well enough that there’s no way to justify benching him, but the defense collapses, leading to a loss. Eagles maintain course for that 1st Round pick.

I do hope you all enjoyed watching MNF, because Tom Brady and Bucs are going to do unspeakable things to our team on Thursday.

Daps
2008 title game hit me harder only because you could tell it was the last ride with McNabb, Dawk, Westbrook, Tra, Runyan, etc

Blew Arizona out during the regular season, you couldn't tell me we weren't going to the Super Bowl that entire week :francis: Couldn't tell me our tickets weren't booked after that long DeSean TD to complete the comeback :francis:

Breh, my heart skipped when he bobbled that catch, but then when he hauled it in and did the dirty bird?

:gladbron::blessed:

And then.......:mjcry:

Worst personal losses for me were the '92 Divisional Round against Dallas, Vick in the playoffs against the Packers, and Carolina.

Only reason Tampa ain't sting so much is cuz I won like $1,200 that week from the season and weekly football pools at the office I was working at. :lolbron:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Sure if thr playcalling is good and you know that
But a lot depends on Hurts, too.

I think the reason Sirianni and Steichen’s offensive gameplan includes so many screens, RPOs, and short passes is that they just don’t trust Hurts to consistently diagnose defenses, make the right reads, and accurately throw into tight windows. So instead the offense is designed around giving Hurts a bunch of quick reads and easy throws. And it works well when you play defenses as bad as the Falcons and Chiefs. But, as we saw with Carolina, a good defense can shut that down.

And the troubling thing is, I don’t know if Sirianni is wrong to do that. Because Hurts, when he’s had chances to drop back and scan the field, has not been great. He’s struggled when his 1st read is covered, he’s missed multiple opportunities for big plays and TDs, which would indicate that he’s struggling to read defenses, and he’s been too quick to either run with the ball, checkdown, or throw it away. Hurts’ best games (Week 1 and 4) have come when he’s able to execute Sirianni’s offense properly, but whenever the Eagles have had to open up the playbook, it hasn’t always gone well.

The Bucs are a Top 5 run defense in the NFL, but their secondary is injured, so it’s going to have to be a pass-heavy offense. The Bucs are going to take away the underneath stuff, so Hurts is going to have to be able to hang in the pocket and find the open man down the field. Tom Brady and that offense are going to DESTROY our defense (seriously… don’t expect any help from them), so Hurts is going to have to keep up and not let TD opportunities pass him by. Sirianni can’t limit Hurts here, he’s going to have to open the playbook up.

On top of that, Hurts is going to be facing a lot of pressure. Sirianni has no idea when Lane Johnson is coming back, so that indicates he’s out on Thursday as well. That means the O-Line is going to be down 3/5 starters, Mailata will playing out of position again at RT, with a rookie dikkerson starting at guard again… against a very good Bucs defensive line. Bowles is going to blitz, too.

We’re going to find out a lot about where Hurts truly is as a passer on Thursday. :francis:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
But a lot depends on Hurts, too.

I think the reason Sirianni and Steichen’s offensive gameplan includes so many screens, RPOs, and short passes is that they just don’t trust Hurts to consistently diagnose defenses, make the right reads, and accurately throw into tight windows. So instead the offense is designed around giving Hurts a bunch of quick reads and easy throws. And it works well when you play defenses as bad as the Falcons and Chiefs. But, as we saw with Carolina, a good defense can shut that down.

And the troubling thing is, I don’t know if Sirianni is wrong to do that. Because Hurts, when he’s had chances to drop back and scan the field, has not been great. He’s struggled when his 1st read is covered, he’s missed multiple opportunities for big plays and TDs, which would indicate that he’s struggling to read defenses, and he’s been too quick to either run with the ball, checkdown, or throw it away. Hurts’ best games (Week 1 and 4) have come when he’s able to execute Sirianni’s offense properly, but whenever the Eagles have had to open up the playbook, it hasn’t always gone well.

The Bucs are a Top 5 run defense in the NFL, but their secondary is injured, so it’s going to have to be a pass-heavy offense. The Bucs are going to take away the underneath stuff, so Hurts is going to have to be able to hang in the pocket and find the open man down the field. Tom Brady and that offense are going to DESTROY our defense (seriously… don’t expect any help from them), so Hurts is going to have to keep up and not let TD opportunities pass him by. Sirianni can’t limit Hurts here, he’s going to have to open the playbook up.

On top of that, Hurts is going to be facing a lot of pressure. Sirianni has no idea when Lane Johnson is coming back, so that indicates he’s out on Thursday as well. That means the O-Line is going to be down 3/5 starters, Mailata will playing out of position again at RT, with a rookie dikkerson starting at guard again… against a very good Bucs defensive line. Bowles is going to blitz, too.

We’re going to find out a lot about where Hurts truly is as a passer on Thursday. :francis:
I'm in general agreement with you, but with the whole Sirianni doesnt trust him idk if I can agree with all that. How are you going to grow if you're never allowed to? I personally just think Sirianni is in way over his head trying to outsmart himself. When he finally stopped screening all game on Sunday.... the offense started to work.

Either way we'll see on Thursday like you said.