"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Defense gets the credit for today’s win, with a huge assist from Special Teams. The offense was largely ass. That said, I do want to shout out Devonta Smith and Quez Watkins. They are WR1 and WR2 on this team, fukk Jalen Reagor. :scust:

Smith got 7 catches on 8 targets, 77 yards, an 11.0 AVG, and a 2-point conversion against the NFL’s #5 pass defense (per DVOA). It was one thing when he had that 122-yard game against Kansas City – they’re ranked 32nd – but it’s really impressive that he can be counted on to do this against the good defenses, too. It wasn’t all perfect. That fumble Donte Jackson forced could have been costly had the defense not stepped up, and he had another TD taken away from him thanks to another ill-timed penalty (not Smith’s fault, obviously). But otherwise, he caught his targets, once again got open frequently, and was there for the clutch play in the end. That’s what you ultimately want out of your #1 receiver.

Watkins has gotten open for big plays at least once almost every game this season (not sure about Week 1). Unfortunately, Hurts only ever seems to see him about half the time. But if Quez continues to develop, his speed could make him the kind of game-breaker prime DJax was for us. His 53-yard catch changed the game and gave the offense some life. He doesn’t have the stat line that Smith does, with only 3 targets for 48 YDs and a 16.0 AVG. But he’s becoming the true big-play deep threat the Eagles have been searching for.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Eh you guys think we could put me back in the green :ld:

Feel like celebrating by handing out some negs. I'll be in the red by the end of the day but it'll be worth it :smugbiden:
stop.gif

Slow down on the reps breh!

:wow: they got me on probation from tossin out them turkeys right now

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
*Love Sosa Beat*

fukkers in The Coli telling me, always in the threads
"Jalen Hurts ain't 'bout this, Hurts ain't 'bout that"
My boy a Byrd Gang with Laurie and them
They say that QB, don't be putting in no work
Shut the fukk up, y'all dont ain't know shyt!
All y'all motherfukkers talkin' about
"Jalen Hurts ain't no hitter, Jalen Hurts ain't this, Jalen a fake"
Y'all know that QB got caught with a 2 rushing touchdowns today
MotherfukkerS, stop fukkin' playin' him like that
Them Panthers savages out there
Y'all Know Jalen Hurts roll with Slim Reaper and them

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I remember seeing a week or 2 ago that quez was only getting in for about 50% of the snaps

No idea what his snap count was this week but that number needs to shoot up drastically

the starting lineup SHOULD BE

TE- Goedert
RB- Sanders
WR- Smith
WR Watkins
Slot- Reagor/ Ertz

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

Dawg the Reagor slander got me weak hahahahaha
It's not even a knock on him, because you can see he clearly has talent. He had a good return today and showed off that burst, and he's gotten open a few times on that go route down the right sideline.

The issue is Smitty's flat out better than him, and Quez is better right now at the things he was supposed to provide (YAC & deep ball). He's clearly the odd man out and doesn't provide anything unique to the offense, and he's not good enough to just roll with that. A Matthews/Darby type trade makes too much sense for Howie to not pull that trigger and I think he will.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hes got heart and he's willing to learn and a great leader in the lockerroom. Coaching needs to let him cook more with traditional passing plays instead of all these cute college plays. Offense moved a bit more in the 4th with that.

exactly... folks can’t see that Jalen got heart... that goes a long way in sports... players respond to that

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
If we lost today, I kinda felt like we might win the Thursday night game because that's just kinda the way fukkery goes with us

Let's hope for cold weather. Bucs have always struggled in Philly when it's cold . Probably won't matter but it's something that might help