First impressions of "The Wire"

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
"Come at the king, you best not miss. - Omar"

Okay so I just finished episode 8 of "The Wire" and this show is so good. One of the big thing's in this episode I think was the potential people have, Wallace obviously is very book smart but he can't handle the realization of what it's like to be in "The Game", like D'Angelo keep's telling him. It was a great scene in my opinion when the kid came to ask him about the math homework and couldn't figure it out but when Wallace explained it with drug's the kid immediately understood because if he didn't get it right he'd be fukked up, it really shed some light on the mentality of the people who live there and how deep Wallace is in.

Another thing that I believe showed potential in this episode were the scenes with Stringer Bell in the community college. If this guy was out of the hood and maybe raised in a better situation he could have been a business man or a lawyer or something more then a drug "lord". I just found it really poignant how normal this man seems such as the scene at the Farmers Market getting his food, it really humanized Stringer Bell for me and I really want to see more of him (And fukk Avon Barksdale and Wee-Bey)

On a different note McNulty need's to step the fukk back, I was already like :what: when he had his kid's in the car wit Omar but having them play front and follow on Stringer Bell? That's just straight :mindblown: and he need's to check himself before they get hurt. The similarities and differences between McNulty and Lt.Daniels are really growing, they both are being given shyt by their higher up's and want to do the right thing and are restricted in some ways. But McNulty honestly doesn't give a flying fukk about that and will actually attempt to change it while Daniels will try but always get's put back in his place. But the whole situation with the Senator is intriguing, I'm hoping that there will be some corruption in the Department because the line between the dealers and the cop's have already been blurred a lot so far.
Once again the :cheers: scenes with :wow: and Mcnulty are hilarious, but I was really hoping that Bunk wouldn't cheat on his wife but in the end it lead to that hilarious scene where he burned the clothes, that part had me :dead:. But Bunk is right. Mcnulty is not good with people and he really need's to fix that, otherwise it's going to keep biting him in the ass.

And last but not least WTF IS UP WITH THIS nikka OMAR LITTLE? He's going way to hard right now, it's just fukking ridiculous, I really don't know how I should feel about him, I mean he gives out drugs and shyt and those drugs are bad, but on the other hand maybe he think's he's doing a good think by supplying the junkies :dahell:.... but on the other hand this dudes a beast who continues to have me like:whew: :ohhh::dwillhuh::jawalrus::gladbron::whoo::ooh::myman::salute::blessed::lawd:and:leon:.

If you have any questions for me as a first time viewer, feel free to ask.

Edit: I forgot to mention the character of D'Angelo, He just confuses the fukk out of me. I really want to like him and sometimes I do but sometimes his character just seems sketchy to me. I mean he isn't about this gang life, but then he goes and kills a guy for taking the money in a game of cards :dahell:, and then he feels all guilty when the guy one the witness stand's get's killed and talks about how the game should be changed. But soon after that we found out he killed a bytch and think's nothing of it :mindblown:. So then he get's involved with this girl and you can see that he want's out but he keeps doing it and I don't even think he's going to something about the girl who died :aicmon:. D just confuses me too much.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Okay so I just finished episode 8 of "The Wire" and this show is so good. One of the big thing's in this episode I think was the potential people have, Wallace obviously is very book smart but he can't handle the realization of what it's like to be in "The Game", like D'Angelo keep's telling him. It was a great scene in my opinion when the kid came to ask him about the math homework and couldn't figure it out but when Wallace explained it with drug's the kid immediately understood because if he didn't get it right he'd be fukked up, it really shed some light on the mentality of the people who live there and how deep Wallace is in.

Another thing that I believe showed potential in this episode were the scenes with Stringer Bell in the community college. If this guy was out of the hood and maybe raised in a better situation he could have been a business man or a lawyer or something more then a drug "lord". I just found it really poignant how normal this man seems such as the scene at the Farmers Market getting his food, it really humanized Stringer Bell for me and I really want to see more of him (And fukk Avon Barksdale and Wee-Bey)

On a different note McNulty need's to step the fukk back, I was already like :what: when he had his kid's in the car wit Omar but having them play front and follow on Stringer Bell? That's just straight :mindblown: and he need's to check himself before they get hurt. The similarities and differences between McNulty and Lt.Daniels are really growing, they both are being given shyt by their higher up's and want to do the right thing and are restricted in some ways. But McNulty honestly doesn't give a flying fukk about that and will actually attempt to change it while Daniels will try but always get's put back in his place. But the whole situation with the Senator is intriguing, I'm hoping that there will be some corruption in the Department because the line between the dealers and the cop's have already been blurred a lot so far.
Once again the :cheers: scenes with :wow: and Mcnulty are hilarious, but I was really hoping that Bunk wouldn't cheat on his wife but in the end it lead to that hilarious scene where he burned the clothes, that part had me :dead:. But Bunk is right. Mcnulty is not good with people and he really need's to fix that, otherwise it's going to keep biting him in the ass.

And last but not least WTF IS UP WITH THIS nikka OMAR LITTLE? He's going way to hard right now, it's just fukking ridiculous, I really don't know how I should feel about him, I mean he gives out drugs and shyt and those drugs are bad, but on the other hand maybe he think's he's doing a good think by supplying the junkies :dahell:.... but on the other hand this dudes a beast who continues to have me like:whew: :ohhh::dwillhuh::jawalrus::gladbron::whoo::ooh::myman::salute::blessed::lawd:and:leon:.

Your commentary is making me want to go back and watch it's been a while.....

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Edit: I forgot to mention the character of D'Angelo, He just confuses the fukk out of me. I really want to like him and sometimes I do but sometimes his character just seems sketchy to me. I mean he isn't about this gang life, but then he goes and kills a guy for taking the money in a game of cards :dahell:, and then he feels all guilty when the guy one the witness stand's get's killed and talks about how the game should be changed. But soon after that we found out he killed a bytch and think's nothing of it :mindblown:. So then he get's involved with this girl and you can see that he want's out but he keeps doing it and I don't even think he's going to something about the girl who died :aicmon:. D just confuses me too much.

Really preciating your astute observation of the shows dynamics and character development. Keep doing it breh and keep watching and your questions were surely be answered.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Really preciating your astute observation of the shows dynamics and character development. Keep doing it breh and keep watching and your questions were surely be answered.
This.......

I'll wait for OP to watch more than post my assessments before I fukk around and spoil some shyt for him, getting into that wire shyt...

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't know if you know it or it even matters, but this :wow: isn't bunk. It's James Brown from CBS Sports. :birdman:

And D didn't kill a dude over a game of cards. It was a wild dope fiend that tried to attack him when he used to run 1 of the towers. Keep an eye on D tho.

I never felt Wallace was booksmart. Just good hearted in a cold world. What do you think of Bodie?

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep watching man and keep us updated. We need an official re-watch of THE WIRE thread by seasons. Who gonna start that for us?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Keep watching man and keep us updated. We need an official re-watch of THE WIRE thread by seasons. Who gonna start that for us?
Might as well switch the title and let this be it....................

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I don't know if you know it or it even matters, but this :wow: isn't bunk. It's James Brown from CBS Sports. :birdman:

And D didn't kill a dude over a game of cards. It was a wild dope fiend that tried to attack him when he used to run 1 of the towers. Keep an eye on D tho.

I never felt Wallace was booksmart. Just good hearted in a cold world. What do you think of Bodie?
:yeshrug:............ Sorry but the guy look's alike, won't make that mistake again, thanks for the head's up. But the guy took the money from that hat and ran right? They always beat him up so why couldn't they do it again. Also Wallace wants to go back to school right? Make it out of the hood? He did know that Alexander Hamilton was the treasurer and not a president. I think that he's pretty booksmart.
Also I think that Bodie is pretty fukked up, like in that scene where he aksed D why he didn't fukk the girl before he killed her was just :demonic: