First impressions of "The Wire"

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I was planning on starting it this weekend but got caught up doin stuff..maybe ill try again this weekend

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking of doing a Coli The Wire rewatch thread...but I don't make threads:skip: It'd be interesting to get the POV of someone watching these episodes for the first time.

nikka where is your walking dead review :dahell:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I find it amazing you have avoided spoilers for this long.
I haven't been completely unspoiled. I know that Omar dies (I don't know how or when or anything else about it just that he dies), I know that D is killed (Don't know how or when or by whom), and I know that season 5 apparently sucks.
I don't have the money to buy the series right now so I'm looking for a high quality stream but damn that's hard.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
when you get to season 2 just hang in there it gets pretty interesting.

this x 100

alot of people hate season 2 because it switches the pace and becomes more about the docks, but in my opinion its one of the best seasons of the show. it shows how its all intertwined into one big global crime network and it gets deeper into some of the characters stories.

welcome to the wire fan base breh. best tv drama of all time in my and many other's opinions.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
this x 100

alot of people hate season 2 because it switches the pace and becomes more about the docks, but in my opinion its one of the best seasons of the show. it shows how its all intertwined into one big global crime network and it gets deeper into some of the characters stories.

welcome to the wire fan base breh. best tv drama of all time in my and many other's opinions.
Honestly i don't see it surpassing Breaking Bad in my opinion, but I do believe that it'll be seen as it's equal in my eyes. The two shows are just so different for me to put one above the other in a ranking.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Honestly i don't see it surpassing Breaking Bad in my opinion, but I do believe that it'll be seen as it's equal in my eyes. The two shows are just so different for me to put one above the other in a ranking.

i feel u. im sure i would have felt the same way if i saw breaking bad before the wire, but wait til u finish seasons 1 thru 4 and then re-asses how u feel about both shows. i would be surprised if u werent leaning more towards the wire.

seasons 3 and 4 = incredible television.