Fat Joe as a kid

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
We accept other “cultures” living side by side with us calling us slurs (and each other) that shyt should be a dub. My dad was hella old school southern and hated that word, but growing up in NY it rolls off the tongue a lot. It’s a slur, it shouldn’t even be used. Fat Joe ain’t black, he grew up in the mud in the South Bronx and faced similar issues and grew up side by side with black folks but he know he’s not black. Black Spanish folks don’t have the luxury of stepping in and out of blackness or equating it to the ghetto. Some black folks grew up solidly middle and upper class and yet some black folks clown them but yuck it up with Fat Joes. :unimpressed:

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hubie:

I believe we’ve been through this before or maybe it was another poster if it wasn't u, then my bad

but anyways the origin of the word is from the Spanish/Portuguese slavers not the British .... which essentially means it doesn't have anything to do with America, although the British picked up the word decades later to use it towards us

the gods of the 5 percenters used to preach this & thats the reason I previous posted it’s only should only be used for people that have Trans Atlantic Slave blood within
Im going to push back on this a bit... black in Latin is niger, which is why all Latin languages, use negro (Spain, Portugal) or negre (French) or some other derivative. This is also why two countries have their name, Niger and Nigeria. This word has no negative connotation at all by so called Spanish/Portuguese slavers. The genesis of the word is a mispronunciation of slave records by English/colonial Americans and it was these people who began the b*stardized negative usage. So I would say Spanish and Portuguese have really nothing to do with it.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
:hubie:

I believe we’ve been through this before or maybe it was another poster if it wasn't u, then my bad

but anyways the origin of the word is from the Spanish/Portuguese slavers not the British .... which essentially means it doesn't have anything to do with America, although the British picked up the word decades later to use it towards us

the gods of the 5 percenters used to preach this & thats the reason I previous posted it’s only should only be used for people that have Trans Atlantic Slave blood within
the word dervied from something else(negro) that doesnt mean others get to have some excuse to it

The words are not the same. So nah fam, that isnt going to fly

Africans, Aframs and Carribeans are all black and to racist whites we get called the same slur

you don’t make the rules

Oh and it’s camaraderie
eh not really and even so thats not a good rebuttal as white people use to call and some do still today, other groups "___ Niggr" the most popular one still used now is Sand ******(slur for arabs)

So "Ni**er" has been something used by white people to use on others who are not "black" as well. They use to call Natives "Red ******"

so if were going by your logic that slipper slope can lead us to having to allow Native Americans to say nikka to.

and its logic like yours, that makes what @Chubbs said right in that no one who isnt ADOS should be using it

no i dont, but i can point the stuff out. Either way your not gonna stop people whether they are Asian, latino, black, caribbean, or african etc from saying nikka. But i think it should be pointed out and be made clear that no one who isnt ADOS should be using it.

i type pretty fast so yeah that was what I meant.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Are you seriously trying to say nikka went from only black people should say it, to only ADOS should say it? So Farrakhan shouldn't have said it? Marcus Garvey? because I have family from Grenada (like Malcolm X) I shouldn't be able to say it? even though I'm from Crown Heights, Bed Stuy, went to an HBCU, lived in Atlanta and now work in Harlem I can't say it

I implore you to go find a hobby and maybe lay off the internet/ go to an area with other types of black people because in the middle of a pandemic and black people being killed by the cops, you pick the most senseless thing to try and control.

:mjlol: At the thought of I shouldn't say it because I have Caribbean family. Been in a mentoring program in Harlem( mostly ADOS area) for the last 3 years helping them get off the streets and get into HBCU's, I' wonder if I should ask them if if they care about me saying nikka, before or after they tell me a story of everybody in their family is on welfare and how at times, they have to steal out of bodegas as their only meal of the day
Yes no one who is like those guys should say it, the only reason yall have this entitlment like you do here to it is because we never checked yall and let yall slide by saying it.

no one is trying to control anything, I have given up a while ago to tell someone who can say nikka. But it needs to be clarified that no one not even caribbeans and Africans should say it unless your ADOS if were playing this game of "who can say "nikka""
IDGAF if yall say it, but you as nonados people are in the same space as Latinos and whites to where you shouldnt be saying it either is what I am pointing out. And yall get by due to aesthethic reasons and because ADOS people let it slide.

And spare me your life story nikka, I could give a shyt. Your a nonados person who shouldnt be saying it. nikkas like you be sounding like Cacs/Latinos, etc in topics like these and yall to stupid to know it

"but i have black/ados friends, my girlfriend is black/ados. my..." nikkas be sounding like Non"blacks" :russ:
I meant Black people and you know that.
maybe "negro" due to the the concept and social idea of race. But i am focusing on nikka and ******

"******" has been used on other groups. Indians were called "red ******" arabs "sand ******"

which is why the argument being used, that being called "******" means you get a free ticket to say "niga" is shytty slipper slope logic. Because by that same logic i guess Natives, arabs, etc should be able to say it

this is why what @Chubbs said was right and yall looking like idiots here .If yall dont want no "nonblack" person to say it, you need to apply that same train of thought to NonAdos people.

Last edited:

Tombstone

The Villain
Daps
Reppin
College Park, GA
the word dervied from something else(negro) that doesnt mean others get to have some excuse to it

eh not really and even so thats not a good rebuttal as white people use to call and some do still today, other groups "___ Niggr" the most popular one still used now is Sand ******(slur for arabs)

So "Ni**er" has been something used by white people to use on others who are not "black" as well. They use to call Natives "Red ******"

so if were going by your logic that slipper slope can lead us to having to allow Native Americans to say nikka to.

and its logic like yours, that makes what @Chubbs said right in that no one who isnt ADOS should be using it

no i dont, but i can point the stuff out. Either way your not gonna stop people whether they are Asian, latino, black, caribbean, or african etc from saying nikka. But i think it should be pointed out and be made clear that no one who isnt ADOS should be using it.

Lol fukk you mean not really?

I was raised in FL around Hatians/AA/Jamaicans and even some Afro-Lationos and we all had many many experiences with these crackas throwin that shyt around.

Of course never to our faces always was on some cowardly shyt.

Daps

No your rebuttal is poor and nobody but you hardcore ADOS extremists will push this bizarre narrative.

Either all black people can use it or nobody uses it.

You won’t even be able to tell who’s ethnically ADOS or not unless you ask everyone you meet to take a DNA test. They maybe born to Haitian immigrants and you wouldn’t know because they were born in Philadelphia and have American citizenship so your criteria is asinine.

Last edited:
Daps
Lol fukk you mean not really?

I was raised in FL around Hatians/AA/Jamaicans and even some Afro-Lationos and we all had many many experiences with these crackas throwin that shyt around.

Of course never to our faces always was on some cowardly shyt.
This dude is retarded the cognitive dissonance and Juelzing is off the charts

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Yes no one who is like those guys should say it, the only reason yall have this entitlment like you do here to it is because we never checked yall and let yall slide by saying it.

no one is trying to control anything, I have given up a while ago to tell someone who can say nikka. But it needs to be clarified that no one not even caribbeans and Africans should say it unless your ADOS if were playing this game of "who can say "nikka""
IDGAF if yall say it, but you as nonados people are in the same space as Latinos and whites to where you shouldnt be saying it either is what I am pointing out. And yall get by due to aesthethic reasons and because ADOS people let it slide.

And spare me your life story nikka, I could give a shyt. Your a nonados person who shouldnt be saying it. nikkas like you be sounding like Cacs/Latinos, etc in topics like these and yall to stupid to know it

"but i have black/ados friends, my girlfriend is black/ados. my..." nikkas be sound like Non"blacks" :russ:

maybe "negro" due to the the concept and social idea of race. But i am focusing on nikka and ******

"******" has been used on other groups. Indians were called "red ******" arabs "sand ******"

which is why the argument being used, that being called "******" means you get a free ticket to say "niga" is shytty slipper slope logic. Because by that same logic i guess Natives, arabs, etc should be able to say it

this is why what @Chubbs said was right and yall looking like idiots here .If yall dont want no "nonblack" person to say it, you need to apply that same train of thought to NonAdos people.

You too fake extra woke for your own good. I told you some of my life story, I excluded the part where I slap nikkas for being dumb like your fakkit ass. Notice how I keep saying nikka and nobody will ever stop me from saying it nikka.

You super woke and pro black, go approach somebody thats not ADOS who says it and stop them (you can't cuz your a p*ssy and the average white cop or white person dosen't know the difference either)

nikkas like you are weird and don't go outside. Your mother should've swallowed instead