Fat Joe as a kid

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
what's left after that British and German? :russ:

Pretty much

You gotta remember for the 1st hundred or something years of Americans, most white people were direct descendents of the British Colonizers, so they got to be White, then the Irish came over and got treated like shyt, then Italians, then Jews. All of them had to pay their penance to be White, like Latinos & Arabs are doing now.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Im going to push back on this a bit... black in Latin is niger, which is why all Latin languages, use negro (Spain, Portugal) or negre (French) or some other derivative. This is also why two countries have their name, Niger and Nigeria. This word has no negative connotation at all by so called Spanish/Portuguese slavers. The genesis of the word is a mispronunciation of slave records by English/colonial Americans and it was these people who began the b*stardized negative usage. So I would say Spanish and Portuguese have really nothing to do with it.
the word dervied from something else(negro) that doesnt mean others get to have some excuse to it

The words are not the same. So nah fam, that isnt going to fly

eh not really and even so thats not a good rebuttal as white people use to call and some do still today, other groups "___ Niggr" the most popular one still used now is Sand ******(slur for arabs)

So "Ni**er" has been something used by white people to use on others who are not "black" as well. They use to call Natives "Red ******"

so if were going by your logic that slipper slope can lead us to having to allow Native Americans to say nikka to.

and its logic like yours, that makes what @Chubbs said right in that no one who isnt ADOS should be using it

no i dont, but i can point the stuff out. Either way your not gonna stop people whether they are Asian, latino, black, caribbean, or african etc from saying nikka. But i think it should be pointed out and be made clear that no one who isnt ADOS should be using it.

i type pretty fast so yeah that was what I meant.

The semantics and pragmatics of ******
Etymologically ****** derives from Latin niger “black, dark, unlucky” which extended in late Latin to “black person”. Until the late 18th century nig(g)er was synonymous with Negro; thereafter and until the second half of the 20th century the term ****** was essentially a colloquial synonym for Negro. From earliest times until after mid-20th century the belief was prevalent—even by enlightened people such as Charles Darwin—that non-Europeans were inferior, which encouraged disparagement of them.

:whoa:

again I’m not here to argue with you brothers, I believe we pretty much on the same page

but let’s be crystal clear the origins of the words which came from the Spaniards/Portuguese was a negative connotation and obviously we know decades later when the word came synonymous to the United States of America they took it to a whole completely different level

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Hispanic

As in

Spanish speaking

The analogy would be tying some racial component to "English" people. As in: people who speak English in any form.

Clearly the language and even overall cultural similarities are nothing to do with race.

"Hispanics" consist of Native Americans. The peoples that was here before the Euros invaded (lets save fringe theories for another thread).

Also, European admixture. Spain conquered the territory and they fukced their way through. Lots of European blood.

Also. African admixture. Slavery was a massively gigantic thing and African slaves ended up all throughout the New World.

So you can have a totally European mf that speaks the same as a person with some African ancestors or a 100% native. Or every shade of mixology in between.

As far as Fat Joe? Fukc it man. He seems to be down with "niqqas". Seems to consider him and his whole fam as "niqqas".

Its not like he's a secret racist who HATES Black people. Doesn't seem like he is.

He doesn't value our feelings when it comes to the word nikka

Who do you think it was directed to when he said that in the song "The Fugitive"

He taking the latino side every time if it really comes down to it

It just is what it is

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Screen-Shot-2016-09-09-at-3.58.08-PM-compressed.png

I been sayin fukk fat joe

Curioser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:

again I’m not here to argue with you brothers, I believe we pretty much on the same page

but let’s be crystal clear the origins of the words which came from the Spaniards/Portuguese was a negative connotation and obviously we know decades later when the word came synonymous to the United States of America they took it to a whole completely different level
How could it possibly have a negative connotation by Spaniards when negro is used to this day as it always has been and as simply a color. No one is offended in Cuba if you call them negro. The same way people in the US aren’t offended when you call them black.