Fat Joe as a kid

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
none of them that are not Aframs/ADOS should be saying nikka.

with all due respect but fukk "they got african ancestry" they dont have the lineage here. thats what this is very much about. All that african ancestry is only part of it but its not the sole factor in play here

Are you seriously trying to say nikka went from only black people should say it, to only ADOS should say it? So Farrakhan shouldn't have said it? Marcus Garvey? because I have family from Grenada (like Malcolm X) I shouldn't be able to say it? even though I'm from Crown Heights, Bed Stuy, went to an HBCU, lived in Atlanta and now work in Harlem I can't say it

I implore you to go find a hobby and maybe lay off the internet/ go to an area with other types of black people because in the middle of a pandemic and black people being killed by the cops, you pick the most senseless thing to try and control.

:mjlol: At the thought of I shouldn't say it because I have Caribbean family. Been in a mentoring program in Harlem( mostly ADOS area) for the last 3 years helping them get off the streets and get into HBCU's, I' wonder if I should ask them if if they care about me saying nikka, before or after they tell me a story of everybody in their family is on welfare and how at times, they have to steal out of bodegas as their only meal of the day

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
no Nonados should say it, that means the darkest african/Caribbean shouldnt say it to.

This nikka thing is the same as "black" its more tied to elements than nikkas want to admit, which goes to lineage and culture.

only ADOS people should say it . But were to far down now for this to happen.

no , nonados people shouldnt be saying it either. so this aint even solely a "race" thing.

:hubie:

I believe we’ve been through this before or maybe it was another poster if it wasn't u, then my bad

but anyways the origin of the word is from the Spanish/Portuguese slavers not the British .... which essentially means it doesn't have anything to do with America, although the British picked up the word decades later to use it towards us

the gods of the 5 percenters used to preach this & thats the reason I previous posted it’s only should only be used for people that have Trans Atlantic Slave blood within

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Splitting hairs is stupid..zero tolerance wouldn't have made him rich off the N word. This whole thing makes Black people look bad, not Hispanics.

with all due respect I’m only assuming you’re saying this because you happen to be on the younger end of the spectrum because if you was my age/fat Joe’s age range you wouldn’t even attempt to say that
... because as I previously posted : back in the day they was considered nikkaz as well

Daps
Biggie and all those musicians benefit off the fact for a while and still now with some nikkas(as shown in this thread) that they are in this "we all black" trance and dont get offended by someone who they percieve the same as them saying it

ask most people who those guys are and they will think they are all Aframs

No we have the right to say it given how not only how we were called that just like c00n. but how we turned it around to mean something else to mean commodery and how it became part of of our vernaicular and culture in how we communicate in our society, culture, etc

colonisation and/or slavery happened on other groups so does that mean indians can say it? No. so that is not a excuse for them to get to say it.
Africans, Aframs and Carribeans are all black and to racist whites we get called the same slur

you don’t make the rules

Oh and it’s camaraderie

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I know exactly who you talking about :dead:

iI0kYg3.jpg

off-topic but its a crime that this kid didnt get any other roles.

he was low-key the best character on the show.

im mad now. chit.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Hispanic

As in

Spanish speaking

The analogy would be tying some racial component to "English" people. As in: people who speak English in any form.

Clearly the language and even overall cultural similarities are nothing to do with race.

"Hispanics" consist of Native Americans. The peoples that was here before the Euros invaded (lets save fringe theories for another thread).

Also, European admixture. Spain conquered the territory and they fukced their way through. Lots of European blood.

Also. African admixture. Slavery was a massively gigantic thing and African slaves ended up all throughout the New World.

So you can have a totally European mf that speaks the same as a person with some African ancestors or a 100% native. Or every shade of mixology in between.

As far as Fat Joe? Fukc it man. He seems to be down with "niqqas". Seems to consider him and his whole fam as "niqqas".

Its not like he's a secret racist who HATES Black people. Doesn't seem like he is.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is the point of posting that photo?

It's obvious from looking at Joe as an adult that he is mostly (or entirely) of European descent

And he's never pretended he was black