Ex-PlayStation Boss Believes Current AAA Development Growth Is Unsustainable

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
AAA has been ass this era, a lot of style with minimal substance. We needed more GOWs and Sekiro's that knew how to successfully marry the two, they're few and far between.

I'm playing TLOU2 and highkey it's a lot of gloss. MGS PP which came out in the 1st year of this gen is still shytting on 90% of AAAs that proceeded it.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Y'all dudes are wild.

:mjlol:

I'll agree with this once Xbox drops triple aaa's on y'all head next month too.

Games don't cost nearly as much as they should for the amount of work that goes into them

Miss me with that corporate apologist shyt. These game companies are rich as hell.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man they really got it made:lolbron:. Don’t even have to compete directly with Sony/MS and they can crank out pokemon shovelware at full price and people still cop. Not to mention they raping your wallets with controllers/peripherals too :wow:

Love my switch but the only deals you getting there are off one-off online sales and buying used cartridges for $55:bryan:
I told someone I know at work if I had kids I'd rather get them an Xbox and get a cheap game pass deal and tell em to shut up lol. I still can't get over that Bayonetta 1 and 2 is $59.99 on the Switch. Like, it's a 360 generation game for crying out loud!

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
AAA has been ass this era, a lot of style with minimal substance. We needed more GOWs and Sekiro's that knew how to successfully marry the two, they're few and far between.

I'm playing TLOU2 and highkey it's a lot of gloss. MGS PP which came out in the 1st year of this gen is still shytting on 90% of AAAs that proceeded it.

funny you mention MGSV cuz some of the game play is similar in Tlou2. When it comes to human combat and stealth.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
funny you mention MGSV cuz some of the game play is similar in Tlou2. When it comes to human combat and stealth.
It was a deliberate comparison cos PP raised the bar for stealth games and everything since has been pedestrian

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
all those AAA games are garbage, interactive movies with very little gameplay mechanics, I mean the Last of Us Two is same thing as the first game which was a ps3 game, just like all those Uncharted Games which were the exact same each and every one of them, Naughty Dog is the most overrated gaming studio
I've been saying this forever

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
all those AAA games are garbage, interactive movies with very little gameplay mechanics, I mean the Last of Us Two is same thing as the first game which was a ps3 game, just like all those Uncharted Games which were the exact same each and every one of them, Naughty Dog is the most overrated gaming studio
shyts trash, and they aren’t the only ones guilty:smh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Love how you only mention Sony AAA games and not Microsoft’s :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Its true I ain't a console fanboy like you grown ass consumer loyalist

Last of Us is barely a game, I mean Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3 has better stealth mechanics and crawling on the ground

all these western developers are overrated, they spend all this money on hiring actors to motion cap and artist to work on the graphics, and games have terrible gameplay mechanics

GTA series is one of the worst, the way the characters move are still in the ps2 era, terrible shooting mechanics, same boring ass travel to from a to b bullshyt in Red Dead, but wow those the grassy fields look pretty, GREAT GRAPHICS
fukk outta here with that crap

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love how you only mention Sony AAA games and not Microsoft’s :mjlol:

I mentioned GTA and Red Read too, Witcher 3 with are multiplat, I never owned a X box in my life

All Western Developed games they get this heap of PRAISE ARE OVERRATED

only reason I have a ps4 is for japanese games, the last western develop game I felt was good was Batman, thats it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its true I ain't a console fanboy like you grown ass consumer loyalist

Last of Us is barely a game, I mean Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3 has better stealth mechanics and crawling on the ground

all these western developers are overrated, they spend all this money on hiring actors to motion cap and artist to work on the graphics, and games have terrible gameplay mechanics

GTA series is one of the worst, the way the characters move are still in the ps2 era, terrible shooting mechanics, same boring ass travel to from a to b bullshyt in Red Dead, but wow those the grassy fields look pretty, GREAT GRAPHICS
fukk outta here with that crap
*japanese devs*

maxresdefault.jpg
5c6.png

sddefault.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
*japanese devs*

maxresdefault.jpg
5c6.png

sddefault.jpg

I don't get it

That proves my point

Last of Us is just doing shyt people been doing in videogames forever, it's nothing ground breaking

Resident Evil created the survivor horror genre on fukking ps1
PS1

There would be no Last of Us without it, they stealing using concepts from ps1 era
and if they made a resident evil with the same budget as Last of Us, Capcom would easily destroy anything they could hope to do it, they do less with more money

also Kojima is one director and all his games are different

and japanese developers have more diversity

and really wanna compare one of the GOAT games gameplay wise Metal Gear Solid 3, to anything naught dog makes

sums up, everything about people who like those trash ass games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't get it

That proves my point

Last of Us is just doing shyt people been doing in videogames forever, it's nothing ground breaking

also Kojima is one director and all his games are different

and japanese developers have more diversity

and really wanna compare one of the GOAT games gameplay wise Metal Gear Solid 3, to anything naught dog makes

sums up, everything about people who like those trash ass games
but you said it's barely was a game and now it's just doing the same thing others did before and not ground breaking(so it is a game!). :mjlol:

This wasn't just Kojima, that was Capcom and Kojima. Most games with voice overs and cutscenes use mocap dude so why bash it like it's a thing used solely for "barely games"?

I wasn't talking about diversity of games so not sure why you brought that up. You come off as extremely biased. Nobody is even making any comparison to RE.

You try to make an assumption about people who like what you deem to be "trash ass games(:skip:) as if they don't like "true quality" games. Perfect example of a no true scotsman fallacy.

MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time.
Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all time.
TLOU 2 is among the best games of this generation. I like it more than RE2 remake even from a purely GAMEPLAY(yes you read that right), GAMEPLAY perspective. It PLAYS better POINT BLACK PERIOD. I have the hours logged on my Steam account and played both Claire and Leon's perspective as well as the alternate routes on PC at 100fps.

You playing it? Where you at in the game? :mjlit:

Stop it breh :mjlol:

Last edited: