Ex-PlayStation Boss Believes Current AAA Development Growth Is Unsustainable

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not true, they made a complete video detailing some of the new gameplay additions to TLOU2.

They said the game wasn't made to be "fun" as in a jolly and super happy game in terms of tone. The game is FUN. It literally plays like a high budget TPS with stealth mechanics on top of cqc. It's a blend of multiple genres. You keep harping on to "you can see it in their design.."
See what? The game looks amazing and they have some of the best choreographed cutscenes. That doesn't come at no expense of gameplay. I said you keep picking specific games to nitpick yet plenty of other games are literally no different.

You keep acting like TLOU 2 and Uncharted plays completely different to other games in the genre.

I’m not acting like that. There’s plenty of games that fit this same style. You brought up TLOU.:manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not acting like that. There’s plenty of games that fit this same style. You brought up TLOU.:manny:
It's no surprise many people bring up MGSV as this game seems to have some influence from in some aspects of gameplay. I brought it up because you try to say there's this part of the game that "suffers" due to cinematics and yet that couldn't be further from the truth. Like if you're going to say the game suffers because of that,then virtually every AAA game suffers because they almost all have cut scenes.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't think they need to change the price. If you make a genuine masterpiece you make money off of it in various ways for a lifetime.
via merchandizing, selling movie rights, Cartoons, Tv Shows, retro sales, etc
a single game can become a brand. If all you're looking at is 59.99 for a triple a title, than you probably not making very good triple a games.
Look at the Witcher 3, interest in that game, made the authors books best sellers in america, got them a tv deal, i see fans on youtube buying alll sorts of merchandise like witcher medallions and replica sword and cosplay outfits.
They gotta start looking at the game price as just a movie ticket, but the real money is at the consession stand and toy stores.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:whoa:

Don’t give these publishers any ideas.
Games don't cost nearly as much as they should for the amount of work that goes into them

I kinda agree.

N64 games nowadays are easily over 100 bux with inflation.

SF2 was almost a hundred dollars on the snes. shyt would be 160 dollars in today's money.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not true, they made a complete video detailing some of the new gameplay additions to TLOU2.

They said the game wasn't made to be "fun" as in a jolly and super happy game in terms of tone. The game is FUN the same way RE2 can be FUN but yet it's a tense game...

It literally plays like a high budget TPS with stealth mechanics on top of cqc.

It's a blend of multiple genres. You keep harping on to "you can see it in their design.."
See what? The game looks amazing and they have some of the best choreographed cutscenes. That doesn't come at no expense of gameplay. I said you keep picking specific games to nitpick yet plenty of other games are literally no different.

You keep acting like TLOU 2 and Uncharted plays completely different to other games in the genre.

Literally his first sentence was

“The gameplay exists to immerse you in the world”

“more than anything it’s to put you in elles shoes to support the emotional story beats”

I mean, you don’t even have to listen to me. Listen to the director of the game.

The gameplay exists to immerse you in their story, their world.

Other devs will say the story is there to support the gameplay, or the gameplay exists to challenge, or something like that

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's no surprise many people bring up MGSV as this game seems to have some influence from in some aspects of gameplay. I brought it up because you try to say there's this part of the game that "suffers" due to cinematics and yet that couldn't be further from the truth. Like if you're going to say the game suffers because of that,then virtually every AAA game suffers because they almost all have cut scenes.
The cinematic stuff hurts MGSV cause it breaks up the gameplay too much with convoluted nonsense. Gameplay was amazing, but stupid ass shyt about trying to present the story got in the way. Like the whole structure of the game was retarded cause Kojima wanted to tell his story.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Literally his first sentence was

The gameplay exists to immerse you in the world”

more than anything it’s to put you in elles shoes to support the emotional story beats”

I mean, you don’t even have to listen to me. Listen to the director of the game.

The gameplay exists to immerse you in their story, their world.

Other devs will say the story is there to support the gameplay, or the gameplay exists to challenge, or something like that
Yeah, they did a great job of intertwining the gameplay and the story, especially certain moments. Many games have a character who just goes around killing and doing stuff for no reason yet in this game, every attack/person or thing you kill feels justified as part of the story so it works in hand. It makes every battle and enemy encounter that more serious because it fits in the story perfectly. The other stuff you talking about in the game is there. There's different difficulties and on top of that, every game doesn't have the same goal. TLOU 2 isn't a arcade game so why would they need to say the gameplay is there to challenge? They want a game that's accessible to everyone as much as possible so they designed the game for expert gamers on survivor all the way to very easy mode. That's not a flaw. Only you see it like that because you are a...

Dammit Xbox stan doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Sony stan :mjcry:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The cinematic stuff hurts MGSV cause it breaks up the gameplay too much with convoluted nonsense. Gameplay was amazing, but stupid ass shyt about trying to present the story got in the way. Like the whole structure of the game was retarded cause Kojima wanted to tell his story.
The "cinematic" stuff in MGSV hurts itself because the story was incomplete. Not because it had cinematics smh. Did the cinematics hurt MGS1 or 3? I'm not even gonna hold you but this idea of "cinematics" hurting game is something I really only see from small pockets of the internet. I never heard no one in real life say "these cinematics hurt the gameplay" at all. If a game is LIT, it's LIT.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, they did a great job of intertwining the gameplay and the story, especially certain moments. Many games have a character who just goes around killing and doing stuff for no reason yet in this game, every attack/person or thing you kill feels justified as part of the story so it works in hand. It makes every battle and enemy encounter that more serious because it fits in the story perfectly.
Nah, for me the gameplay breaks the immersion cause at the end of the day it’s still gotta be a game.

All the killing makes the story feel cheap and vise versa. How am I to care about this one dead person in a cutscene when I just killed 150 people on my way to here. Feels the gameplay is at odds with what they want you to “feel” with the story.

I’d like for them to really make a game in which the gameplay really matches the story.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The "cinematic" stuff in MGSV hurts itself because the story was incomplete. Not because it had cinematics smh.
I didn’t say merely having cinematics hurt the game. I said the way they were presented and the way the game was structured hurt the overall experience. Kojimas need to tell his story, hurt the game in the long run.

Did the cinematics hurt MGS1 or 3? I'm not even gonna hold you but this idea of "cinematics" hurting game is something I really only see from small pockets of the internet. I never heard no one in real life say "these cinematics hurt the gameplay" at all. If a game is LIT, it's LIT.
I never said they did. Stay on topic:comeon:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, for me the gameplay breaks the immersion cause at the end of the day it’s still gotta be a game.

All the killing makes the story feel cheap and vise versa. How am I to care about this one dead person in a cutscene when I just killed 150 people on my way to here. Feels the gameplay is at odds with what they want you to “feel” with the story.

I’d like for them to really make a game in which the gameplay really matches the story.
I can tell you didn't play the game. This is easily the biggest giveaway :mjlol:. You don't have to say anymore :laff:

This is literally the complete opposite of the entire story and it's setup. Every person who is killed is killed for a reason and it works with the story not against it.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t say merely having cinematics hurt the game. I said the way they were presented and the way the game was structured hurt the overall experience. Kojimas need to tell his story, hurt the game in the long run.

I never said they did. Stay on topic:comeon:
Kojima literally didn't even tell "his story" because the game was rushed. THAT hurt the game, what are you even saying? :skip: Ask any of the players who loved MGSV and they'll tell you it was disappointing in the story department because it literally was incomplete.

@Rain @Kamikaze Revy @-DMP- Was MGSV hurt due to Kojima NEEDING to tell his story or because his story wasn't told?

You're heavily implying story and cinematics "get in the way" of games when that couldn't be further from the truth. Your examples of "cinematics" hurting the game are conveniently ignored for plenty of other games for reasons unknown. Either way, good thing there's multiple games to play. You can always play Grounded or Gato Robato to get away from those pesky cinematics. :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can tell you didn't play the game. This is easily the biggest giveaway :mjlol:.

This is literally the complete opposite of the entire story. Every person who is killed is killed for a reason and it works in favor of the story.
No it’s not man stop playing. You kill dozens of no name people, then they switch and show you those no name people might have had a family/motivations/feelings as you play from the other side. That’s cheap as fukk breh and don’t make me feel shyt as I’ve already decided I have to kill these people to progress through the game.

The game has already taught me that I’m supposed enjoy killing these people in order to progress, now all of a sudden I’m supposed to care, But still go out and kill a whole nother set of people. That shyt is as shallow as it gets :mjlol:

Would have been impactful if you as the player had a choice of when and who to use force on, so then you could go back and think about your choices and how you effected the world. That would be dope, but that’s a much more difficult story to tell and a more difficult game to make.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Kojima literally didn't even tell "his story" because the game was rushed. THAT hurt the game, what are you even saying? :skip: Ask any of the players who loved MGSV and they'll tell you it was disappointing in the story department because it literally was incomplete.

@Rain @Kamikaze Revy @-DMP- Was MGSV hurt due to Kojima NEEDING to tell his story or because his story wasn't told?

You're heavily implying story and cinematics "get in the way" of games when that couldn't be further from the truth. Your examples of "cinematics" hurting the game are conveniently ignored for plenty of other games for reasons unknown. Either way, good thing there's multiple games to play. You can always play Grounded or Gato Robato to get away from those pesky cinematics. :yeshrug:
I mean you are acting like you can’t read here.

Im only talking about MGSV here. The gameplay and the structure of the game was literally broken up by the cinematics. You had to backtrack and do a bunch of dumb shyt cause of that. All the dumb ass helicopter take offs and landings. Stuff like that harmed the experience.