Ex-PlayStation Boss Believes Current AAA Development Growth Is Unsustainable

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No it’s not man stop playing. You kill dozens of no name people, then they switch and show you those no name people might have had a family/motivations/feelings as you play from the other side. That’s cheap as fukk breh and don’t make me feel shyt as I’ve already decided I have to kill these people to progress through the game.

The game has already taught me that I’m supposed enjoy killing these people in order to progress, now all of a sudden I’m supposed to care, But still go out and kill a whole nother set of people. That shyt is as shallow as it gets :mjlol:

Would have been impactful if you as the player had a choice of when and who to use force on, so then you could go back and think about your choices and how you effected the world. That would be dope, but that’s a much more difficult story to tell and a more difficult game to make.
How is that cheap? You just said the gameplay is at odds with the story but then said that showing you the other side is cheap when that's literally the gameplay NOT being at odds. Being at odds with the story is if there was no other side to explore and it just hit you with a cutscene and kept you playing as one side. And again, even from the "other side", you are still fighting "another set" of people whom are still at conflict with the person you playing as and on top of that there's conflict during this whole ordeal but that's another spoiler topic discussion. I can tell you just skimmed through the spoiler thread and are basing your opinion off of what other people said/what you heard. :mjlol:

Would have been impactful if you as the player had a choice of when and who to use force on, so then you could go back and think about your choices and how you effected the world.
You dudes who say this don't respect the artist's view or story. This is the story THEY want to tell, not your story you want to create. How you gonna say you should have choice in what you do, that's not their story then. You basically are creating an empty critique by saying why can't the game be something it isn't supposed to be. I could easily flip it and say "Ehh this game is cheap, they're giving me choices meaning they punked out and couldn't commit to a story beat. You created these characters and are afraid to have consequences, meh that's not a good story."

Games that do that aren't typically very good stories in the long run and trip over themselves in the future. Either way you've displayed to me that these games suck very bad so I'm about to go to Gamestop to trade it in.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How is that cheap? You just said the gameplay is at odds with the story but then said that showing you the other side is cheap when that's literally the gameplay NOT being at odds. Being at odds with the story is if there was no other side to explore and it just hit you with a cutscene and kept you playing as one side. And again, even from the "other side", you are still fighting "another set" of people whom are still at conflict with the person you playing as and on top of that there's conflict during this whole ordeal but that's another spoiler topic discussion. I can tell you just skimmed through the spoiler thread and are basing your opinion off of what other people said/what you heard. :mjlol:
Because none of it matters. The gameplay wants you to be a murderous a$$hole. The cutscenes want you to care about individuals cause they got a name and a voice actor.

If halfway though the game I’m supposed to feel bad about all the killing I’ve done, then the second half I’m supposed to do just as much indiscriminate killing then why does any of it matter?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because none of it matters. The gameplay wants you to be a murderous a$$hole. The cutscenes want you to care about individuals cause they got a name and a voice actor.

If halfway though the game I’m supposed to feel bad about all the killing I’ve done, then the second half I’m supposed to do just as much indiscriminate killing then why does any of it matter?
This isn't true at all. Why are you lying? You didn't play the game so I can tell you're piecing up info to make a point. I won't spoil some of the story here but your statement of "cutscenes want you to care about individuals cause they got a name and a voice actor" is silly. Is that not character development? If there was nothing to the character but an empty canvas and a simple grunt that would suffice?

You play as an murderous a$$hole in a world(as they said) that's cut throat. You're not killing people that are trying to be your friend, they're literally on sight for anyone not in they clique.

You see the other side and they doing the same thing. You get a view of why this person is doing things they do and the same "Murdering" you do is not even towards the very same people as there's more than 1 faction in the game but I can see you're creating your opinion not from your own playthrough but someone else's posts. You're literally arguing against character development and the example you use makes no sense as even on the other side the people you're fighting isn't even related to the ones from the first person's POV.

Again, I can tell you're just making up points and reading something else you read in the spoiler thread or watched on YT. This discussion is not genuine as you don't care you just want to look like you're intelligently dismantling the game for some silly reason. I'm finished here breh. :hubie:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
THis isn't true at all. Why are you lying? You didn't play the game so I can tell you're piecing up info to make a point. I won't spoil some of the story here but your statement of "cutscenes want you to care about individuals cause they got a name and a voice actor" is silly. Is that not character development? If there was nothing to the character but an empty canvas and a simple grunt that would suffice? You play as an murderous a$$hole in a world(as they said) that's cut throat. You're not killing people that are trying to be your friend, they're literally on sight for anyone not in they clique. You see the other side and they doing the same thing. You get a view of why this person is doing things they do and the same "Murdering" you do is not even towards the very same people as there's more than 1 faction in the game but I can see you're creating your opinion not from your own playthrough but someone else's posts.

Again, I can tell you're just making up points and reading something else you read in the spoiler thread or watched on YT. This discussion is not genuine. I'm finished here breh. :hubie:
Like I said, I knew any convo with you about TLOU2 would go like this. Tried not to even do this with you :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said, I knew any convo with you about TLOU2 would go like this. Tried not to even do this with you :mjlol:
I played TLOU 2, you didn't. I can form my opinion based on what I played, yours is based on random opinions online.

You've been hating/concern trolling PS exclusives since 2013. Nothing new. I'm tired now. I knew it would be like arguing with a brick wall when it comes to discussing certain Playstation games. :snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I played TLOU 2, you didn't. I can form my opinion based on what I played, yours is based on random opinions online.

You've been hating/concern trolling PS exclusives since 2013. Nothing new. I'm tired now. I knew it would be like arguing with a brick wall when it comes to discussing certain Playstation games. :snoop:
You got a problem breh.

I wasn’t even talking about Sony games in particular. You came in trying to talk about this one. I tried to change the subject, you still proceed with it. Now you wanna tell me I’m obsessed with taking about the game :mjlol:

You Sony stans got issues. Everybody has to 100% praise Sony games or there’s some sort of problem.

People like different shyt breh :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You got a problem breh.

I wasn’t even talking about Sony games in particular. You came in trying to talk about this one. I tried to change the subject, you still proceed with it. Now you wanna tell me I’m obsessed with taking about the game :mjlol:

You Sony stans got issues. Everybody has to 100% praise Sony games or there’s some sort of problem.

People like different shyt breh :manny:
When did I say you are obsessed with talking about this game? I literally never said that. Nobody said everybody has to 100% praise Sony games. I don't but for some reason you have lots of opinions over games you tend to never play. It's just weird to see someone always talking in depth about shyt they don't like or play and try to tell others they're stans for liking it.
You make convo's so difficult I got a dang headache from talking.

I'm still not beat yo ass ain't play God of War :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When did I say you are obsessed with talking about this game? I literally never said that. Nobody said everybody has to 100% praise Sony games. I don't but for some reason you have lots of opinions over games you tend to never play. I'm still not beat yo ass ain't play God of War :mjlol:
You say the same thing every time. I don’t have a 100% positive impression of said game so I must not have played it.

Straight weirdo shyt breh :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You say the same thing every time. I don’t have a 100% positive impression of said game so I must not have played it.

Straight weirdo shyt breh :mjlol:
U ain't play TLOU PT 2 breh. I KNOW you didn't. You gonna post another screenshot of the icon on a homescreen as proof? :mjlol:

Xcoyote

Pro
Daps
Well of course you do. Nothing will make you happier than the industry pumping out AA Gamepass fillers like the Xbox :mjlol:

We need more games like TLOU2 if we want to push the medium forward. Of course there will always be a place for AA indie games but that shouldnt be allowed to dominate.

Imagine thinking a non game like TLOU is pushing the medium forward:mjlol:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
think I mentioned about this in the Unreal Engine 5 thread. If gamers get all pissy about those next gen games, and don't end up buying it for whatever reason. These devs are jumping off cliffs