Ex-PlayStation Boss Believes Current AAA Development Growth Is Unsustainable

Daps
Reppin
NULL
but you said it's barely a game and now it's just doing the same thing others did and not ground breaking. :mjlol:
This wasn't just Kojima, that was Capcom and Kojima. Most games with voice overs and cutscenes use mocap dude so why bash it like it's a thing used solely for "barely games"? I wasn't talking about diversity of games so not sure why you brought that up. You come off as extremely biased. You try to make an assumption about people who like what you deem to be "trash ass games"(a very extreme minority opinion) as if they don't like "true quality" games. Perfect example of a no true scotsman fallacy.

MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time.
Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Stop it breh :mjlol:

Metal Gear got made fun of back in the day because cut scenes were new you dumb ass nikka, all those metal gear games got ten times more gameplay than anything naughty dog has made and all them games of zero memorable boss fights

once again you the ADD generation of wack ass basement dwelling gamers who like garbage like Naughty Dog, it's not even close, and Metal Gear is just one of uncountable classics from Japanese developers

I never said only westerns used Motion Cap, you making an argument about the blue, I said there's nothing ground breaking about the graphics because every game that uses motion capture will have graphics like that, and the motion cap in Last of Us 2 isn't even good, the characters still move like they're made out of wood instead of people

Capcom makes a vast variety of games, from fighting games to turn based rpgs, are you serious lmao

Like I said, western games are for dumb ass muthaufckaz with ADD, games with zero challenge, and they don't even play after the story is over because that's what their playing it for an interactive movie

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Metal Gear got made fun of back in the day because cut scenes were new you dumb ass nikka, all those metal gear games got ten times more gameplay than anything naughty dog has made and all them games of zero memorable boss fights

once again you the ADD generation of wack ass basement dwelling gamers who like garbage like Naughty Dog, it's not even close, and Metal Gear is just one of uncountable classics from Japanese developers

I never said only westerns used Motion Cap, you making an argument about the blue, I said there's nothing ground breaking about the graphics because every game that uses motion capture will have graphics like that, and the motion cap in Last of Us 2 isn't even good, the characters still move like they're made out of wood instead of people

Capcom makes a vast variety of games, from fighting games to turn based rpgs, are you serious lmao

Like I said, western games are for dumb ass muthaufckaz with ADD, games with zero challenge, and they don't even play after the story is over because that's what their playing it for an interactive movie

full

ezgif-2168112475.gif

mj-laughing.gif

Don't know why you insist on arguing about shyt I never brought up, I mean you can do that in your mind or somewhere else breh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
full

ezgif-2168112475.gif

mj-laughing.gif

Don't know why you insist on arguing about shyt I never brought up, I mean you can do that in your mind or somewhere else breh.

Its true, the character movie is stiff and rugged just like the first game, especially when they are running

its the same in every western game, they can't get running down they suck

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its true, the character movie is stiff and rugged just like the first game, especially when they are running

its the same in every western game, they can't get running down they suck
U got it fam.
tenor.gif

Bought to sell this bullshyt game.

Gonna plug up the PS Triple and put that MGSIV in to wat:win:.. I mean play some piff.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The Ex Sony Boss is literally saying making games like TLOU2 is unsustainable due to development costs and your dumb ass literally just ignored what he said and posted this nonsense.

TLOU costs too much to make and was barely profitable. THE MARKET ISNT SUSTAINABLE.

Dumb sony fans like yourself is part of the reason why sony can barely balance its books.

And people get mad at Nintendo for embracing independent developers. These AAA games that Sony pushes is gonna bankrupt everyone. A PS5 game gonna cost more than the Avengers: IW and Endgame movies? :mindblown:

Even back in the PS3 era, I knew this is gonna cripple all those 3rd party developers with those movie scenes, voice acting, online play, and motion captured graphics mixed with gameplay cast a hell of a grip. Everyone wants to be graphics whores and have realistic looking character models, and it just ruined creativity as you know it.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Y’all nikkas playing console democrats vs Republicans aside, this is actually an interesting topic.

Seems like a lot of publishers aren’t willing to take as many financial risks with new IP’s these days and it’s almost creating this weird divide between the indie and AA games vs the super-hyped AAA ones. There’s hardly a “middle class” any more if that makes sense. And the more “hype” a game has, the more expectation there is from shareholders, publishers etc and we get the shoe-horned online multiplayer and microtransaction nonsense thrown onto said games in order for them to make as much as they can off it. You see how Rockstar STILL trying to monetize a game that will now span across 3 generations and that game was one of the most expensive to ever make when it came out

Exactly. There almost no creativity anymore. Just a bunch of re-hashes just to refund its budget.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I don't get it

That proves my point

Last of Us is just doing shyt people been doing in videogames forever, it's nothing ground breaking

Resident Evil created the survivor horror genre on fukking ps1
PS1

There would be no Last of Us without it, they stealing using concepts from ps1 era
and if they made a resident evil with the same budget as Last of Us, Capcom would easily destroy anything they could hope to do it, they do less with more money

also Kojima is one director and all his games are different

and japanese developers have more diversity

and really wanna compare one of the GOAT games gameplay wise Metal Gear Solid 3, to anything naught dog makes

sums up, everything about people who like those trash ass games
Nikka you said they hire artists to work on the graphics!

That's what they're supposed to do

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
As the technology normalizes so does the cost of said technology. The AAA ceiling for cost may increase depending on the technology used but the floor may decrease as well.

Last edited:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps

He's a naughty Dog fanboy he dont know shyt about top tier games, cant believe that bumbling idiot tried to act like ND is just as good as Rockstar or Capcom, to make matters worse he's a habitual goal post mover:lolbron:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It doesn't have to be either or....
Yeah it does.

One because resources are limited. You spend a bunch of time/money/processing power on graphics and cinematics you have less left over for other things.

Also it’s dev philosophy.

what looks the most “cinematic” is almost never the best design choice from a gameplay standpoint.

It’s not a coincidence that games that are considered to have best gameplay are usually not also considered to be “cinematic”

MGSV is one of the few examples of almost doing both, but the “cinematic” aspersions really kinda hurt the gameplay in the long run.