Ex naughty dog developer says the studios MSFT acquired not touching Sony 1st party

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Again do we forget KOTR and Fallout NV exist?

How many western RPGs does Sony have? Because I don't count Horizon as a true RPG imo. And I KNOW the X1 is lacking on western RPGs however they been purchasing a lot of western RPG studios and have been investing in western RPGs with Inxile, Playground and Obisidian. Heck Phil even said they will be targeting western RPGs. This will probably be the OG Xbox days all over again.

Fallout New Vegas was great, Kotor 2 was just slightly above average(granted I wouldn't blame Obsidian for that one). They have been a game developer for 20 years and have 1 classic under there belt(which New Vegas got shytted on at launch), which aint even their IP, get off the gas man they aint an elite developer yet.

And I hope they do target them to actually give me a reason to buy the new xbox. The lack of RPGs on xbox 1 was pitiful. Sony blew MS out the water this gen and late last gen with just releasing good games.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Fallout New Vegas was great, Kotor 2 was just slightly above average(granted I wouldn't blame Obsidian for that one). They have been a game developer for 20 years and have 1 classic under there belt(which New Vegas got shytted on at launch).

And I hope they do target them to actually give me a reason to buy the new xbox. The lack of RPGs on xbox 1 was pitiful. Sony blew MS out the water this gen and late last gen with just releasing good games.
So KOTR 2 wasn't a big game during its time? Because I'm pretty sure it was. Not saying it was GTA 3 or SA level great but it was a very popular RPG during its time.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Still fallilng for the "we gonna do better" nonsense from Phil huh :mjlol:

battered.jpg

lol @ exclusives don't matter too :mjlol:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Still fallilng for the "we gonna do better" nonsense from Phil huh :mjlol:

battered.jpg

lol @ exclusives don't matter too :mjlol:

nikkas are hilarious. As if we aren't still in a generation where Sony wiped the floor in with MS in sales DUE to exclusives
I mean you can't act like so much time has passed and you forgot :skip:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
So KOTR 2 wasn't a big game during its time? Because I'm pretty sure it was. Not saying it was GTA 3 or SA level great but it was a very popular RPG during its time.

Of course it was popular but let's be for real KOTOR 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>> KOTOR 2, even though KOTOR 2 should have been better, but like I said I aint putting that on Obsidian.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Anyone saying exclusives dont matter especially when the two companies consoles are becoming MORE AND MORE similar are just being delusional. Xbox is gonna have to bring their A game next gen when it comes to first party titles but I am being optimistic(for now).

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Exclusives don't matter now? :skip:

Exclusives are what drove the PS1 in the first place: Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear Solid, every Square RPG, Crash series, Gran Turismo series and so many more. The delusion on here. :skip:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Exclusives are what drove the PS1 in the first place: Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear Solid, every Square RPG, Crash series, Gran Turismo series and so many more. The delusion on here. :skip:
They're being obtuse. They want to create a straw man where they claim people ONLY care about exclusives.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikkas are hilarious. As if we aren't still in a generation where Sony wiped the floor in with MS in sales DUE to exclusives
Nope. Word to @Rekkapryde nobody buys PlayStation exclusives.

You stans just holler “EXCLUSIVE EXCLUSIVES while you play the same CODs and GTAs as everyone else.

Damn stans:mjlol:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It wasn't due to exclusives. It was due to Don Mattrick, threatening always online DRM, inferior hardware specs at a higher price, and Kinect. The Xbox One's unveil and early life was a disaster. Early into the generation it was blunder after blunder and it never was able to course correct. The early adapters chose PlayStation and that was it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

You're mostly taking it back to an era where way more their party developers made exclusive games. We aren't in that era anymore. Outside of some Japanese titles and some niche titles third party exclusives have been going away. Sometimes you get a timed exclusive of whatever but that's been in decline. The biggest most impactful titles are multi-platform unless you're talking about Nintendo franchises.

Look at the PS4's best selling games. There are 2 exclusives on that list.

If the argument is exclusives are so important why aren't there more of them on that list? If you go back to the PlayStation era and look at a top 10 list almost every game on that list is gonna be an exclusive title or it was in that generation. Go back and look at the PlayStation 2 and damn near half the list will be exclusive titles. As less and less third party developers have been making exclusive games the impact of exclusives has diminished.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're mostly taking it back to an era where way more their party developers made exclusive games. We aren't in that era anymore. Outside of some Japanese titles and some niche titles third party exclusives have been going away. Sometimes you get a timed exclusive of whatever but that's been in decline. The biggest most impactful titles are multi-platform unless you're talking about Nintendo franchises.

Look at the PS4's best selling games. There are 2 exclusives on that list.

If the argument is exclusives are so important why aren't there more of them on that list? If you go back to the PlayStation era and look at a top 10 list almost every game on that list is gonna be an exclusive title or it was in that generation. Go back and look at the PlayStation 2 and damn near half the list will be exclusive titles. As less and less third party developers have been making exclusive games the impact of exclusives has diminished.

Breh are u ignoring the obvious?

Tell me what games you see there....

Four COD games, two rock star games and battlefield.

If you really want to drive this point home how come the hundreds of other third party games didn't take the place of those two exclusives? Mind you this is a ALL time top 10 list and TWO 2018 exclusives made the list. The context here matters a lot. Spider-Man and GOW made the all time top 10 list despite COD and GTA V. You acting like GTA or COD is some random Joe blow game that sold a lot. If GTA or COD was exclusive it would still make the list as they did when it was on PS2.

Areyou really again trying to argue exclusives aren't really important?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Breh are u ignoring the obvious?

Tell me what games you see there....

Four COD games, two rock star games and battlefield.

If you really want to drive this point home how come the hundreds of other third party games didn't take the place of those two exclusives? Mind you this is a ALL time top 10 list and TWO 2018 exclusives made the list. The context here matters a lot. Spider-Man and GOW made the all time top 10 list despite COD and GTA V. You acting like GTA or COD is some random Joe blow game that sold a lot. If GTA or COD was exclusive it would still make the list as they did when it was on PS2.

Areyou really again trying to argue exclusives aren't really important?
Ask @Rekkapryde any game not on that list is irrelevant

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exclusives don't matter when it comes to selling units.

Not only that consoles aren't what make companies money's.

Microsoft knows this so well that they essentially are saying "You can play our 1st parry titles for free aka 9 bucks a month" among a ton of other 3rd party games (which are the most popular any)

Exclusives matter in this climate as validation for purchasing or not purchasing a system.

These PC games and free to play games could dance circles around these Triple A games revenue wise.

Brands are what makes the $$$ long term.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Take a look at this video

You'll notice something that backs up @winb83 statement and my own about only exclusives ever really mattering being Nintendo.

Every game on this list that makes $$$ is multiplatform.