Ex naughty dog developer says the studios MSFT acquired not touching Sony 1st party

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
what happened to that bullshyt from Platinum again? What was it? Scalebound? :francis:

Deep down was a Capcom game. :dahell:

They all took 5 years?

:mindblown:

God of War announced 2016, released 2018.
Spidey announced E3 2016, released 2018
Bloodborne announced E3 2014, released 2015
Horizon Zero Dawn announced E3 2015, released 2017
UC4 was fully revealed 2014 and released 2016(I know you going to say it was announced in 2013 but that was literally an annoucement teaser with nothing shown)
Death Stranding literally was created from the ground up in 3 years including forming a new company.
Infamous came out less than a year after it was shown.
The Order revealed e3 2013, was out 2015.

There's a pattern of 2 years for most of these exclusives? Y'all just talk a lot and troll whenever a big game is delayed but the majority of the big games released in 2 years average which is perfectly normal.

Y'all nikkaz just being dumb on purpose or just slow. No sense in arguing with y'all :hhh:
Good post.

Microsoft has had 5 years to fix this fukking mess, and it looks like to me they're going to be struggling once again this gen.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Yea people trashing Xbox Studios are bugging. The Coalition just needs to work on a NEW IP that is not Gears. They are a quality dev. Obsidian Games ALONE based on their track record can compete with many Sony Studios are is lowkey dangerous. Do people seriously forget Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II existed? Do they forget Fallout: New Vegas existed? Which was considered the best Fallout? Like really?

Also Playground Games is very competent and are working on a new RPG IP which they hired many talented ppl around the industry. Ninja Theory? They already have a decent track record and their mocap is amazing.

The problem is not necessarily the talent, it’s about how Microsoft systematically runs their studios into the ground. They had so many franchises that could have consistent releases but they have ran the developers into the ground or made them run away:

MechAssault
Shadowrun
Project Gotham Racing
Perfect Dark
Fable
Crimson Skies
Ninja Gaiden
They could have had Destiny but mismanged their relationship with Bungie

This is a small list of the franchises they could be releasing on a regular if they didn’t keep screwing with their developers. These asshats had Shadowrun, a cherished RPG and killed it by taking some FPS battle arena concept they had and slapping the Shadowrun name on it. They had PGR but Bizarre said Microsoft was so difficult and meddlesome to work with and Bizarre sold to Activision, this was low hanging fruit for dumb ass Microsoft. They turned Fable an awesome RPG franchise into some stupid ass isometric game that they later then cancelled and the shut down the studio Lionhead. Microsoft is trash...

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You are out your cotton picking mind if you think games like Outer Worlds or Fallout New Vegas could
compete with God of War, The Last of Us/2 or Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm sorry, but there are levels to this shyt, and you tripping hard as hell :what:
I'm sorry not everyone kisses the ground Sony walks on.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The problem is not necessarily the talent, it’s about how Microsoft systematically runs their studios into the ground. They had so many franchises that could have consistent releases but they have ran the developers into the ground or made them run away:

MechAssault
Shadowrun
Project Gotham Racing
Perfect Dark
Fable
Crimson Skies
Ninja Gaiden
They could have had Destiny but mismanged their relationship with Bungie

This is a small list of the franchises they could be releasing on a regular if they didn’t keep screwing with their developers. These asshats had Shadowrun, a cherished RPG and killed it by taking some FPS battle arena concept they had and slapping the Shadowrun name on it. They had PGR but Bizarre said Microsoft was so difficult and meddlesome to work with and Bizarre sold to Activision, this was low hanging fruit for dumb ass Microsoft. They turned Fable an awesome RPG franchise into some stupid ass isometric game that they later then cancelled and the shut down the studio Lionhead. Microsoft is trash...
Okay.....? Microsoft of 2009-2013 is not the same as Microsoft of today.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
scustfif

You ever played the game called "one of these aren't the same?"

Well there's a remake called NONE of these are the same.

You clearly are just grasping for straws.

Use an argument about a game that was in dev limbo(Shenmue 3) to make an argument against exclusives brehs.

GoT? Announced in 2017 and releasing next year. 3 years is PERFECTLY normal dev time. Most games take about 3~4 years to make.
FF Remake? The game that had development restarted?

You're only using this to argue against something commonly known.

You probably think Halo Infinite was actually started in 2018 and once it's out only took 2 years right? :skip:

Game was in it's planning stages since 2015.

Of course this isn't useful info since it goes against your agenda. Listening to y'all every PS4 announced exclusive took 5+ years to come out.

You completely missing the point, Sony made sure to show of titles that are "exclusives" to them MAD early and ps Stan's ate it up as if the game was coming out in the next year or 2.

Most of the 1st party companies don't really do this, with some of there flagship titles they do but literally the PS4 E3 every year is trailers for games coming some of which still aren't out and we saw some of those trailers the 1st time in 2015.

I don't care about why, just like when the trailer drops Sony Stan's don't care about when it's coming just " that the PS4 has exclusives games"

And eventually it did have many more exclusives than the xbx1 but the 1st couple years or so the difference wasn't that great... and at that time it was a debate of how powerful the systems were and what games looked better on which...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You completely missing the point, Sony made sure to show of titles that are "exclusives" to them MAD early and ps Stan's ate it up as if the game was coming out in the next year or 2.

Most of the 1st party companies don't really do this, with some of there flagship titles they do but literally the PS4 E3 every year is trailers for games coming some of which still aren't out and we saw some of those trailers the 1st time in 2015.

I don't care about why, just like when the trailer drops Sony Stan's don't care about when it's coming just " that the PS4 has exclusives games"

And eventually it did have many more exclusives than the xbx1 but the 1st couple years or so the difference wasn't that great... and at that time it was a debate of how powerful the systems were and what games looked better on which...
:gucci:I LITERALLY just proved how most of the big games shown during E3 were out in 1~2 years after being revealed, wtf are you talking about? Did you skip my post above?

There's literally only a HANDFUL of exclusives that took way longer to come out such as Dreams PS4(which comes out Feb 2020 but has had an early access version out since April of this year), FFVII Remake which had rumors of development restarting(on top of not being an exclusive really) and then Shenmue 3....a kickstarter game...
giphy.gif

Where's these games that's been shown in 2015 that still didn't come out?

Only FFVII Remake which I explained above is the one game that didn't come out yet. I also wonder why is this game indicative of Sony 1st party when it's clearly a third party game from Square Enix? :jbhmm:

One that YOU were excited to tell us about how it's coming to other platforms?
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/final-fantasy-7-remake-coming-to-xbox-03-3-21.748976/

Only me and handful of others on the coli acknowledged that, over all it's been looked at like a PS4 exclusive....not just here but on most other social media outlets too..

There wasn't this kind of "confusion" with tomb raider. Out the gate people were like "I'll just wait" or throwing fits because Microsoft got timed exclusively.
You were arguing it not being a PS4 exclusive yadda yadda but here you're trying to use it's release date as some sort of "see? PS4 exclusives still aren't out yet!"... Despite it not being a freakin exclusive :huhldup:
Basically you're lying about these games shown at E3 2015 which still isn't out.
Your critiques are false and make no sense. You're basically using like 2 games, some of which aren't even exclusive to further this narrative that Sony be showing games that's far out and haven't been released yet. Only game that's taking time to come out is really TLOU Part 2 but we already know what's in store so what are you really talking about?:ufdup:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:I LITERALLY just proved how most of the big games shown during E3 were out in 1~2 years after being revealed, wtf are you talking about? Did you skip my post above?

There's literally only a HANDFUL of exclusives that took way longer to come out such as Dreams PS4(which comes out Feb 2020 but has had an early access version out since April of this year), FFVII Remake which had rumors of development restarting(on top of not being an exclusive really) and then Shenmue 3....a kickstarter game...
giphy.gif

Where's these games that's been shown in 2015 that still didn't come out?

Only FFVII Remake which I explained above is the one game that didn't come out yet. I also wonder why is this game indicative of Sony 1st party when it's clearly a third party game from Square Enix? :jbhmm:

One that YOU were excited to tell us about how it's coming to other platforms?
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/final-fantasy-7-remake-coming-to-xbox-03-3-21.748976/

You were arguing it not being a PS4 exclusive yadda yadda but here you're trying to use it's release date as some sort of "see? PS4 exclusives still aren't out yet!"... Despite it not being a freakin exclusive :huhldup:
Basically you're lying about these games shown at E3 2015 which still isn't out.
Your critiques are false and make no sense. You're basically using like 2 games, some of which aren't even exclusive to further this narrative that Sony be showing games that's far out and haven't been released yet. Only game that's taking time to come out is really TLOU Part 2 but we already know what's in store so what are you really talking about?:ufdup:
Your being obtuse

You're average Stan's only saw FF7 and shenmue 3 . One of which isn't a "exclusive" but has been treated like one by the majority and that people still think is one.

The other just releasing last month.... The rest of those games aren't talking points.

And to keep it a buck, this E3 turn around time is something of a standard for Sony. Not Microsoft or Nintendo. I think the earliest trailer we got from them is halo., And the earliest trailer for Nintendo is botw 2.

But it's not a trailer for an exclusive every year that's 2.5 years off

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your being obtuse
Obtuse? you couldn't prove what you talking about but I'm obtuse?

You're average Stan's only saw FF7 and shenmue 3 . One of which isn't a "exclusive" but has been treated like one by the majority and that people still think is one.
wtf does this have to do with anything? What a "stan" says? Your whole post was about games taking 4~5 years to come out and when I showed you that was completely false you switched to talking about 2 third party games that are timed exclusive or not 1st party

. WTF does that have to do with sony 1st party?

The other just releasing last month.... The rest of those games aren't talking points.
Shenmue 3 isn't a 1st party title so wtf does it have to do with Sony again? :dwillhuh: Again you're just throwing random shyt around and NONE of them make sense at all.

And to keep it a buck, this E3 turn around time is something of a standard for Sony. Not Microsoft or Nintendo. I think the earliest trailer we got from them is halo., And the earliest trailer for Nintendo is botw 2.

But it's not a trailer for an exclusive every year that's 2.5 years off
Who cares about a trailer to a game that's 2 years off? I see you trying to stretch it by adding .5 to it because you see your 4~5 year claim was completely made up. You used TWO games that aren't even exclusive to create some fake narrative. Now you talking about 2 year time as if that's something bad. Games don't get developed in one year. Every year MSFT releases a cycle of either a Gears/forza game from their 1st party studios that are pretty much samey. Halo Infinite is the only one that's actually new. Them showing a new Forza or Gears game and releasing it a year+ later isn't exactly groundbreaking when the game is damn near a carbon copy of the last one.

Again, what does it matter that a game is shown and released 1~2 years later? Most games on average are released in less than 2 years, only like 2 games have had longer dev times. Again what are you saying now?
Nintendo doesn't show games that don't take long to release? I mean I would mention a few games but just like I said they're not 1st party Nintendo games so I'd leave it at that.

Metroid Prime 4
Shin Megami Tensei V
Bayonetta 3

Just admit that you don't know what you're talking about and keep it moving :yawn:
You only trying to create some fanboy narrative that doesn't hold up in reality.

Was it a problem for Cyberpunk? Teased in 2013 and now releasing in 2020?

Or what about Kingdom Hearts 3? The SAME developer behind FFVII R? 2013 showing, released in 2016 and 2019?
Or FFXV? Was it a sOnY problem?

Or MGSV?

Witcher 3?

All big games that took 2 years to come out and in KH3's case SEVERAL years but you weren't bytching about that because you're a pitiful stan that only make up narratives if it's to slander your non favorite box :mjlol:

Pathetic stans just enjoy your box but stop with the false narratives.:scust:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obtuse? you couldn't prove what you talking about but I'm obtuse?

wtf does this have to do with what a "stan" says? Your whole post was about games taking 4~5 years to come out and when I showed you that was completely false now you switched to talking about 2 third party games that are timed exclusive. WTF does that have to do with sony 1st party?

Shenmue 3 isn't a 1st party title so wtf does it have to do with Sony again? Again you're just throwing random shyt around and NONE of them make sense at all.

Who cares about a trailer to a game that's 2 years off? I see you trying to stretch it by adding .5 to it because you see your 4~5 year claim was completely made up. You used TWO games that aren't even exclusive to create some fake narrative. Now you talking about 2 year time as if that's something bad. Games don't get developed in one year. Every year MSFT releases a cycle of either a Gears/forza game from their 1st party studios that are pretty much samey. Halo Infinite is the only one that's actually new.

Again, what does it matter that a game is shown and released 1~2 years later? Most games on average are released in less than 2 years, only like 2 games have had longer dev times. Again what are you saying now?
Nintendo doesn't show games that don't take long to release? I mean I would mention a few games but just like I said they're not 1st party Nintendo games so I'd leave it at that.

Metroid Prime 4
Shin Megami Tensei V
Bayonetta 3

Just admit that you don't know what you're talking about and keep it moving :yawn:

Your right Sony does everything perfect, my bad I'll bow out.

They have an extensive 1st party line up with a title and trailer dropping yearly on a more powerful system.

And I haven't seen a trailer for any of those Nintendo games mentioned.

Anyway you win you're right. Sony da gawd company.

I don't really care to debate details because goal post shift the fact that we are even talking about games now when earlier this gen it was about power shows how much things change and that people care only about current trending topics.

In a few years we'll be talking about what system has the best selection of games to stream for your buck, backwards compatibility and library...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your right Sony does everything perfect, my bad I'll bow out.

They have an extensive 1st party line up with a title and trailer dropping yearly on a more powerful system.

And I haven't seen a trailer for any of those Nintendo games mentioned.

Anyway you win you're right. Sony da gawd company.

I don't really care to debate details because goal post shift the fact that we are even talking about games now when earlier this gen it was about power shows how much things change and that people care only about current trending topics.

In a few years we'll be talking about what system has the best selection of games to stream for your buck, backwards compatibility and library...
Dude just stop. You clearly can't refute what I'm saying now you're playing dumb and resorting to some "okay okay Sony is perfect" nonsense. You said something, I debunked it clearly with readily available proof and now you're back pedaling.

People talked about EVERYTHING. There was no SINGLE topic at the time of a console's release. People talk about power, games, features etc all at once. Power dominated the topics because Digital Foundry started getting popular with their tech videos.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PlayStation exec: "Sometimes we announced games too early"

Even Sony leadership can admit they announced games too early but not #1 Stan @Fatboi1

Sony too perfect, can’t do any wrong :mjlol:
Yeah, because I clearly said EVERY single Sony game was announced perfectly at the right time.:childplease:
That's EXACTLY what I said. I said they're announced perfectly.:beli:

if you READ the article you posted(which I'm sure you DIDN'T), you'd see the guy was talking about specific cases such as Days Gone and not ALL the other games which I already proved released within a standard amount of time compared to other big AAA titles from 3rd parties.

An article from 2017 to be clear said:
For example, Sony's Bend Studio announced that it's working on post-apocalyptic title Days Gone back at E3 2016 and that game still doesn't have a date.

This isn't the first time that a major platform holder has questioned the industry's announcement strategy either. Earlier this year, Shannon Loftis, general manager for Microsoft Studios Publishing, said she regrets that Crackdown 3 was announced years in advance.

"I think in the past we have made the mistake of announcing some exclusives a little bit too early," Loftis commented in August. "We're trying to learn from that mistake and do better, so we have a bit that's in development now that we're not talking about. We're in this for the long haul, and we wanna make sure that not just in the spring of 2018, but in the summer, and in the fall, and the spring of 2019 that we'll have great, unique, fun experiences for Xbox gamers."
Oh would you look at that, an Xbox game. It completely slipped my mind.
You know what also came to mind? I'm goal post shifting a bit but unfinished/broken games releasing early was another thing *cough* Halo Masterchief Collection*cough*.

But that's another topic for another time. :usure:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, it is, but your Stan brain don’t work like that :francis:
:umad:

Nah but seriously, y'all talking points are silly when you think about it. Y'all want to exaggerate about development time and games being shown too early(arbitrary) but then I show the majority of the big Sony 1st party games released in roughly the same time frame as other big AAA games yet y'all quiet about that.

It's only "bad" to you if it's 1st party or associated with Sony. You then scour the web looking for a statement that's clearly about 1 or two games which included something from Xbox just to somehow disprove that most games released in the same amount of time? I mean really, every year there's mad games coming out but I'm supposed to be somehow disappointed that a big game may be releasing two years from it's reveal when practically most big games are released like that? YET, at the same time y'all love to point out broken games being rushed and releasing "on time" and one of the biggest offenders was a MSFT title(Halo MCC) yet y'all try to brush that aside. :mjlol:

That game was finally in a state that IGN re-reviewed it.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Review (2019) - IGN

A 2015 game being re-reviewed in 2019 due to how broken it was at launch but hey it came out on time ya'll :blessed:

:whew: It feel like 2014~2016 in this bytch :pachaha:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:umad:

Nah but seriously, y'all talking points are silly when you think about it. Y'all want to exaggerate about development time and games being shown too early(arbitrary) but then I show the majority of the big Sony 1st party games released in roughly the same time frame as other big AAA games yet y'all quiet about that.

It's only "bad" to you if it's 1st party or associated with Sony. You then scour the web looking for a statement that's clearly about 1 or two games which included something from Xbox just to somehow disprove that most games released in the same amount of time? I mean really, every year there's mad games coming out but I'm supposed to be somehow disappointed that a big game may be releasing two years from it's reveal when practically most big games are released like that? YET, at the same time y'all love to point out broken games being rushed and releasing "on time" and one of the biggest offenders was a MSFT title(Halo MCC) yet y'all try to brush that aside. :mjlol:

That game was finally in a state that IGN re-reviewed it.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Review (2019) - IGN

A 2015 game being re-reviewed in 2019 due to how broken it was at launch but hey it came out on time ya'll :blessed:

:whew: It feel like 2014~2016 in this bytch :pachaha:
Stan real hard brehs :wow: