Ex naughty dog developer says the studios MSFT acquired not touching Sony 1st party

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Breh are u ignoring the obvious?

Tell me what games you see there....

Four COD games, two rock star games and battlefield.

If you really want to drive this point home how come the hundreds of other third party games didn't take the place of those two exclusives? Mind you this is a ALL time top 10 list and TWO 2018 exclusives made the list. The context here matters a lot. Spider-Man and GOW made the all time top 10 list despite COD and GTA V. You acting like GTA or COD is some random Joe blow game that sold a lot. If GTA or COD was exclusive it would still make the list as they did when it was on PS2.

Areyou really again trying to argue exclusives aren't really important?
Ok my argument is exclusives games have heavily diminished in importance as third parties have mostly stopped making them. I say take the top 10 best selling PlayStation games and 8 of them are multi-platform games.

Your counterargument is all 10 of them should be third party games?

On The Coli exclusives mean everything. In everyday life people are all playing mostly multi-platform games you can get anywhere (except Switch) or exclusives on the Switch. They're picking their systems off what their friends have so they can play against them and they're playing huge mainstream multi-platform games.

Exclusive games are a nice bonus they aren't the main course. 2-3 generations ago they were the main course.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said I think the only exclusives that ever really really mattered are nintendo ones, and that's usually because of quality and because the games and systems always varied so much that people wanted to get them to play there favorite characters and experience the systems.

I rarely had people coming in debating exclusive games between xbox and ps2 or and I mostly had people debating the MULTIPLAT games on xbox360 and ps3. (call of duty runs better on this or that one etc etc) I'd hear more of how the playstation or xbox had more of a certain type of genre than the other rather than cherry picking exclusives vs exclusives.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s simple math.

Theres ~100M PS4s in homes.

PS4s biggest exclusive sold ~10m

That’s only 10% of PS4 owners who purchased its most popular exclusive.

but on the Coli all we hear is “exclusive exclusive”

Y’all just grab on to whatever Sony’s perceived advantage is.

Remember at the beginning of the Gen when Xbox had the advantage in exclusives, all y’all wanted to talk about was power, and indie games. @Rekkapryde even ran around talking about how most people only play multiplats, and he was playing the “definitive version” of multiplats. Then 1X came out and y’all pivoted to talking about “exclusives” and saying power doesn’t matter.

You stans are a pitiful bunch :mjlol:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
It’s simple math.

Remember at the beginning of the Gen when Xbox had the advantage in exclusives, all y’all wanted to talk about was power, and indie games. @Rekkapryde even ran around talking about how most people only play multiplats, and he was playing the “definitive version” of multiplats. Then 1X came out and y’all pivoted to talking about “exclusives” and saying power doesn’t matter.

\

The bolded is true. Early this gen all I heard was "definitive version" and now the PS side switched to exclusives. Anyways I'm mixed in regards to whether or not exclusives are important. To me they are but thats me. But imo Halo carried the OG Xbox into gen 7. And was(Halo 2) Xbox's best selling.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s simple math.

I'll never forget this....

Thread after thread on P's and power.

PS4 started getting trailers for upcoming games some of which STILL haven't released 4-5 years later and it quickly shifted to "xbox has no games"

Man the last of us 2 trailer was released what in 2016? FF remake (which apparently everyone knows isn't a n exclusive) 2015 Shenmue 3 2015? Ghost of tsushima like 2017?....

They literally enjoy waiting for there Triple A block busters more than playing them it seems.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
\

The bolded is true. Early this gen all I heard was "definitive version" and now the PS side switched to exclusives. Anyways I'm mixed in regards to whether or not exclusives are important. To me they are but thats me. But imo Halo carried the OG Xbox into gen 7. And was(Halo 2) Xbox's best selling.
I’d say they “matter” but aren’t what sells these consoles.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok my argument is exclusives games have heavily diminished in importance as third parties have mostly stopped making them. I say take the top 10 best selling PlayStation games and 8 of them are multi-platform games.
third parties don't dictate whether or not they're games are exclusives, that's mostly something that's worked out with Sony/Nintendo/MSFT. This is common sense :dahell:

Your counterargument is all 10 of them should be third party games?
My counter argument is that among the top 10, MOST of them are literally the SAME games that sell a lot every year!! What aren't you seeing? :dwillhuh:

there's FOUR Call of Duty titles in the top 10 games. FOUR.
then GTA V which is another juggernaut
RDR 2 which piggyback's off of Rockstar

A basketball game which again everyone buys and BF1(a shooter).

The remaining two are Spider-Man and God of War.

Now how many third party games has been released since the PS4 came out? Hundreds? Thousands? Obviously all of them can't make the top 10 but what's interesting is that despite all this the same games keep selling the most and they're literally the SAME games. Most games aren't selling like COD or GTA or even NBA2k. That's my whole point :mindblown:
How are you not understanding this?

On The Coli exclusives mean everything. In everyday life people are all playing mostly multi-platform games you can get anywhere (except Switch) or exclusives on the Switch. They're picking their systems off what their friends have so they can play against them and they're playing huge mainstream multi-platform games.
Everyday life people are mostly playing COD, NBA 2k, Fortnite or whatever big new game is out at the time and on to the next one. The majority of the population isn't going to be playing the same thing. This is anecdotal and not some real world data that shows everyone is literally playing EVERY AAA 3rd party game in huge numbers but then the exclusives are ignored. This is not true. If Spider-Man sold 13 million in a year and God of War around the same, how many other 3rd party games on the SAME console is selling that much? It's literally right there in the data :mindblown: Also this top 10 is strictly $$ sales so a lot of the BIG games in top 10 are front loaded sales because they sold a huge amount at launch. UC4 for example sold over 15 million but isn't on that list because in that chart it says "ranked on dollar sale"

Are people not reading the data they posting? :wow:

Breh it's literally stated plainly.

Exclusive games are a nice bonus they aren't the main course. 2-3 generations ago they were the main course.
Your mistake is assuming everyone is only playing 2~3 games. There's literally millions of people online playing whatever at any given time. Most will be playing the AAA blockbusters and then move on to the next one. To say they aren't the main course is dumb considering this thread is about MSFT acquiring studios to MAKE exclusive games(that are not on Sony's platform.)
If MSFT was REALLY this generous and wanted to show that exclusives aren't the "main course", I'm waiting for the day for Phil to announce Halo and Gears for Playstation.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s simple math.

:mindblown:

How are people just blatantly lying like this?

Uncharted 4 sold over 15 million already.

By May 2019, the game had sold over 15 million copies
God of War surpasses 10 million sales on the PS4, Uncharted 4 tops 15M

Spidey is already at 13 million and only came out a year ago.

The problem with your disingenuous argument is you assume the exact same people who buy say Spider-Man are also the same people who would buy all the other exclusives. They all serve different fan groups. The bulk of PS4's success is due to strong 3rd party support. Nobody is saying 3rd party support doesn't matter.

You see how trash Xbox doing in Japan? Those 3rd party Japanese titles that weren't releasing on there didn't help it either. It wasn't simply because there wasn't enough exclusives, it just wasn't supplying the right amount of games and didn't have the content for that part of the world. You can't even try the "It's American duh!" argument because Apple sells like hotcakes over there.

Exclusives are great for PR. Showcasing an amazing looking game and saying it's ONLY available here and getting huge hype online matters because it keeps the brand in the minds of consumers and keeps people on that platform. Y'all basically using this rudimentary logic that PS4 sold 100M how come 100M or close didn't buy an exclusive?

How stupid is this?

Using this SAME logic,

PS4 sold 100M but RDR 2, one of the biggest games of 2018 presumably only sold about 12 million on PS4(23m combined across both platforms)

Hey Rockstar, what the hell are you doing your game is clearly failing to reach the PS4's install base!

Sekiro just got GOTY from the TGA's but hey that game only sold almost 4 million across THREE platforms. That game is CLEARLY not being played by everyone.

How much did RE2 sale? RE2 was a big game but only sold about 4.2 million across three platforms.

Capcom needs to clearly hang it. Only 4.2 across platforms that's probably over 200 million deep?

Y'all really make piss poor arguments in here omg :mindblown:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

How are people just blatantly lying like this?

Uncharted 4 sold over 15 million already.

God of War surpasses 10 million sales on the PS4, Uncharted 4 tops 15M

Spidey is already at 13 million and only came out a year ago.

The problem with your disingenuous argument is you assume the exact same people who buy say Spider-Man are also the same people who would buy all the other exclusives. They all serve different fan groups. The bulk of PS4's success is due to strong 3rd party support. Nobody is saying 3rd party support doesn't matter.

You see how trash Xbox doing in Japan? Those 3rd party Japanese titles that weren't releasing on there didn't help it either. It wasn't simply because there wasn't enough exclusives, it just wasn't supplying the right amount of games and didn't have the content for that part of the world. You can't even try the "It's American duh!" argument because Apple sells like hotcakes over there.

Exclusives are great for PR. Showcasing an amazing looking game and saying it's ONLY available here and getting huge hype online matters because it keeps the brand in the minds of consumers and keeps people on that platform. Y'all basically using this rudimentary logic that PS4 sold 100M how come 100M or close didn't buy an exclusive?

How stupid is this?

Using this SAME logic,

PS4 sold 100M but RDR 2, one of the biggest games of 2018 presumably only sold about 12 million on PS4(23m combined across both platforms)

Hey Rockstar, what the hell are you doing your game is clearly failing to reach the PS4's install base!

Sekiro just got GOTY from the TGA's but hey that game only sold almost 4 million across THREE platforms. That game is CLEARLY not being played by everyone.

How much did RE2 sale? RE2 was a big game but only sold about 4.2 million across three platforms.

Capcom needs to clearly hang it. Only 4.2 across platforms that's probably over 200 million deep?

Y'all really make piss poor arguments in here omg :mindblown:
So 15% of the Sony fan base buys “exclusives”

:mjlol:

And again go talk to your Stan leader @Rekkapryde hes the one who set these STANdards:mjpls:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll never forget this....

Thread after thread on P's and power.

PS4 started getting trailers for upcoming games some of which STILL haven't released 4-5 years later and it quickly shifted to "xbox has no games"

Man the last of us 2 trailer was released what in 2016? FF remake (which apparently everyone knows isn't a n exclusive) 2015 Shenmue 3 2015? Ghost of tsushima like 2017?....

They literally enjoy waiting for there Triple A block busters more than playing them it seems.
scustfif

You ever played the game called "one of these aren't the same?"

Well there's a remake called NONE of these are the same.

You clearly are just grasping for straws.

Use an argument about a game that was in dev limbo(Shenmue 3) to make an argument against exclusives brehs.

GoT? Announced in 2017 and releasing next year. 3 years is PERFECTLY normal dev time. Most games take about 3~4 years to make.
FF Remake? The game that had development restarted?

You're only using this to argue against something commonly known.

You probably think Halo Infinite was actually started in 2018 and once it's out only took 2 years right? :skip:

Game was in it's planning stages since 2015.

Of course this isn't useful info since it goes against your agenda. Listening to y'all every PS4 announced exclusive took 5+ years to come out.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They did.

What happened to “deep down” again?? :mjlol:
what happened to that bullshyt from Platinum again? What was it? Scalebound? :francis:

Deep down was a Capcom game. :dahell:

They all took 5 years?

God of War announced 2016, released 2018.
Spidey announced E3 2016, released 2018
Bloodborne announced E3 2014, released 2015
Horizon Zero Dawn announced E3 2015, released 2017
UC4 was fully revealed 2014 and released 2016(I know you going to say it was announced in 2013 but that was literally an annoucement teaser with nothing shown)
Death Stranding literally was created from the ground up in 3 years including forming a new company.
Infamous came out less than a year after it was shown.
The Order revealed e3 2013, was out 2015.

There's a pattern of 2 years for most of these exclusives? Y'all just talk a lot and troll whenever a big game is delayed but the majority of the big games released in 2 years average which is perfectly normal.

Y'all nikkaz just being dumb on purpose or just slow. No sense in arguing with y'all :hhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
what happened to that bullshyt from Platinum again? What was it? Scalebound? :francis:

Deep down was a Capcom game. :dahell:

They all took 5 years?

God of War announced 2016, released 2018.
Spidey announced E3 2016, released 2018
Bloodborne announced E3 2014, released 2015
Horizon Zero Dawn announced E3 2015, released 2017
UC4 was fully revealed 2014 and released 2016(I know you going to say it was announced in 2013 but that was literally an annoucement teaser with nothing shown)
Death Stranding literally was created from the ground up in 3 years including forming a new company.
Infamous came out less than a year after it was shown.
The Order revealed e3 2013, was out 2015.

There's a pattern of 2 years for most of these exclusives? Y'all just talk a lot and troll whenever a big game is delayed but the majority of the big games released in 2 years average which is perfectly normal.

Y'all nikkaz just being dumb on purpose or just slow. No sense in arguing with y'all :hhh:
:mjlol:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yea people trashing Xbox Studios are bugging. The Coalition just needs to work on a NEW IP that is not Gears. They are a quality dev. Obsidian Games ALONE based on their track record can compete with many Sony Studios are is lowkey dangerous. Do people seriously forget Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II existed? Do they forget Fallout: New Vegas existed? Which was considered the best Fallout? Like really?

Also Playground Games is very competent and are working on a new RPG IP which they hired many talented ppl around the industry. Ninja Theory? They already have a decent track record and their mocap is amazing.
You are out your cotton picking mind if you think games like Outer Worlds or Fallout New Vegas could
compete with God of War, The Last of Us/2 or Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm sorry, but there are levels to this shyt, and you tripping hard as hell :what: