Ex naughty dog developer says the studios MSFT acquired not touching Sony 1st party

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Na..... that ain’t the narrative we running with:mjgrin:

But using your term “bounce around” sounds like them company bouncing his ass out like :camby:

If he was that nice they be throwing the bat at him to keep his services:steviej:

:unimpressed: Bookmarked for when y'all flip this if he ends up at any one of Microsofts studios.

Reason he left Sony:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah, we all know. Only thing is they've had time to create 1st party studios and build them up, but instead they looked for shortcuts to compete. Really have started 5 years ago. That would have given them enough time to really be built up for this coming gen.

I just sont trust phil Spencer man. I think he is a hack who has no idea how to be successful and compete. Instead of competing through innovation (always been a staple of the videogame industry), he prefers to ape other companies and industries (PC, Apple, and Netflix, especially) or make meaningless acquisitions that dont improve anything. Remember when he made a deal for PUBG, only for it to be obsolete within 6 months? Just dumb man.
Can't blame him on PUBG. There was zero way to know Fornite would come through and eat its food. If they acquired Fornite, it could have been be an entirely different story, but PUBG was there first.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why because I am not a follower? KOTR, Fallout New Vegas and Outer World are some of my most favorite games. More importantly I am a RPG head and Sony is lacking in RPGs. I LOVE Sony exclusives but I need my RPGs.:yeshrug:
:dahell:
The three games you named:
  • One is an original XBOX game.
  • Fallout New Vegas and Outer Worlds aren't Xbox exclusives.(They're on PS3 and PS4.)
  • How is Sony lacking in RPGS when PS4 literally has more RPGS than Xbox?
Do you not count JRPGS as rpgs or does only wrpgs count?
On PS4 you got Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona, Bloodborne, Nioh, Yakuza, Tales of games, Final Fantasy VII Remake and a bunch more I didn't name. It is odd to say Sony lacks rpgs when Xbox has a dearth of rpgs on their platform. Has nothing to do with being a follower. Sony literally has too much rpgs on the platform.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1. I never mentioned exclusives or not.

2. Outside of Bloodborne(which has western influence) I can care less for JRPGs. And HZD I don't consider a real RPG.
So basically you only like WRPGS...

That's still not lacking on PS4. Xbox doesn't have more WRPGS than Sony does. Just because MSFT acquired Obsidian doesn't mean suddenly Sony lacks RPGS(or WRPGS in your case.)
What AAA WRPGS is coming out on Xbox that Sony doesn't have? It has to do with exclusives because WRPGS are pretty 99% multiplatform.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Can't blame him on PUBG. There was zero way to know Fornite would come through and eat its food. If they acquired Fornite, it could have been be an entirely different story, but PUBG was there first.
It was a desperate move that blew up in their face. Game was bugged as fukk on xbox and was only a timed console exclusive. She a desperate dumb move. I'd love to see the numbers they got with that exclusive.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It was a desperate move that blew up in their face. Game was bugged as fukk on xbox and was only a timed console exclusive. She a desperate dumb move. I'd love to see the numbers they got with that exclusive.
Again, if Fortnite didn't come and completely steal the game's thunder, it could have been a massive success. No version ran well at the time, and it was popular.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its my opinion. Not sure what more you want? :heh:

And I NEVER mentioned Xbox but only Obsidian which has ALWAYS been one of my favorite devs. So...?
This thread is about studios MSFT acquired... right?
You said you'd take Obsidian over any of Sony's 1st party studios...

Obsidian was acquired by MSFT hence your post suggests that Obsidian's games(in your opinion) are better than all of Sony's 1st party output which makes this about Xbox.

You then say Sony is lacking in RPGS. That's like saying Sony is lacking in fighting games. RPGS isn't just a few WRPGS like Fallout or Divinity. I was just trying to see what you meant by lacking in RPGS(which still doesn't make sense given all those WRPGS are on both platforms) :yeshrug: