ESPN explains their approach to NBA coverage.......

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many NBA fans do y’all truly think want this? nikkas ain’t trying to be coaches and 90% of people don’t have the height to play ball at an elite level so wtf they learning this shyt for?
So they can sound smart when they really don’t know shyt. Like 99% of the posters on here.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Translation: “NBA fans are dumb so we only give them books with a lot of pictures and crayons instead of an actual well-written story.”

Got it.

Reminds me of BET refused let Little Brothers play their video and perform at 106 & Park, etc because they're too intelligent for the BET audience

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It’s not true at all breh. Those sports thrive on tactics and positioning. Individual greatness can make override it, just like it does in the NFL.
If course all sports are about tactics & positioning but the point was about the more continuous flow of basketball & soccer as compared to the start- complete stop action of the NFL & college football.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Because everyone in this thread claiming nba fans are stupid like the nfl fans aren’t
Nba fans accept less and are into he said/he said. NFL fans are so into their teams, it takes on gang qualities. From a business standpoint, I’ll take the latter and let those outlier fights youre exaggerating as some sort of norm be the outliers that they are.

90% of the fans of these sports dont attend games but here you are letting a handful of fights represent the regular football fan. :camby:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
If course all sports are about tactics & positioning but the point was about the more continuous flow of basketball & soccer as compared to the start- complete stop action of the NFL & college football.
You can analyze the NBA and Soccer the same way as the American football. There are shows that do that on YouTube. They even do it on Sky Sports.

The same way. A lot of fans aren’t interested in that in the NBA.

edit: to be clear I think the media helped to create this environment. They’ve done it in all forms of news. They have dumbed down the public.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
How many NBA fans do y’all truly think want this? nikkas ain’t trying to be coaches and 90% of people don’t have the height to play ball at an elite level so wtf they learning this shyt for?
So why do people enjoy hearing that stuff in every other sport: boxing, tennis, soccer, baseball, hockey, etc.? Why is basketball a uniquely dumb sport?

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
The NFL never had to do the same thing the NBA did with being fake.
People love the violence of football and there seemed to be more parity or the sense that any team might have a shot any given year.
So that makes it more popular

The NBA took off once it started to adopt the rivalry story lines, the heel and face, the next big thing etc

Football is also more complex. So the fans have to understand the game at a deeper level.
Which makes the fans more knowledge.

With the NBA you hear alot of commentators refer to things that have nothing to do with x's and O's.
"His body language"... "jokic stood up the whole game"... "they didn't come to play".

Watching inside the NBA with Draymond and seeing people talk about the games on social media, shows me the basketball fan and culture is cooked

90% of NFL games are commercials and Taylor Swift reaction shots.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So why do people enjoy hearing that stuff in every other sport: boxing, tennis, soccer, baseball, hockey, etc.? Why is basketball a uniquely dumb sport?
Like i said, y’all pull up the viewership #’s for these so called analytics shows vs those respective sports’ generalist shows and show me that they’re doing numbers to a point that the ESPN or the NBA is missing something by not investing in them?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
90% of NFL games are commercials and Taylor Swift reaction shots.
Your point?

And no it's not.

People just hate everything. Niggsz upset about the total 35 seconds they showed of Taylor Swift just so the can get that stimulus.
Didn't take away from the game none

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You’re talking about live action commentary, @mastermind is talking about how the game is covered overall.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Like i said, y’all pull up the viewership #’s for these so called analytics shows vs those respective sports’ generalist shows and show me that they’re doing numbers to a point that the ESPN or the NBA is missing something by not investing in them?
The very fact that they are integral parts of all those sports and are basically the default way of talking about them is proof in and of itself. You think ESPN paying millions to retain their whole NFL crew of Ryan, Dan and them just for vibes?

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBA national coverage is geared towards dumb people. I went to 30 nba games this year and didn’t watch more than 5 minutes of Stephen a or Charles and Shaq.