ESPN explains their approach to NBA coverage.......

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Notice how Laker fans who still follow the Lakers after Kobe retired makes @NYC Rebel leave the lakers thread yet he has no issues with all the Bron dikkriders who bombard the thread and refer to the Lakers as “we” knowing damn well they don’t care about the franchise. Those guys don’t bother him at all of course but yeah let’s pretend this nikka NYC reb is anything other than a nikka who dikk rides Bron cuz he hates MJ and pretended he’s some unbiased advanced fan. Fraudulent ass nikka and don’t think I didn’t catch that fake ass story you posted about beating up a nikka in Nigeria to stand up for women. Oh look at u big bad boy from NY going back home to Nigeria to regulate. Man fukk outta here. You’re such a fukking fraud I see thru u nikkas on here all the time.
:mjlol:

shave ya box you dusty nasty ass cross dressing jump off

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only difference between the Niners and Chiefs offense is the quality of the QB.
@HandyWithTheSteel is the worst poster on this site. This is confirmation right here.

Then you have @dora_da_destroyer with the "X's and O's shows ain't necessary, nobody is checking for that shyt" when you have 30+ years of evidence to the contrary in the NFL. Jaws, Merrill Hodge and Sal Pal breaking down tape on their own show...Parcells and Tom Jackson breaking down tape on Primetime...those are my teenage and early 20's right there.

Focusing on "vibes" is only necessary when the product is trash. Two NFL or college football fans can deep dive into a discussion on pattern matching, combo coverages and if Cover 1 or Cover 4 is better against certain passing attacks. There's a legacy of football knowledge that stays with each younger generation of fans.

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said this before in an NBA related thread, but ESPN (as horrible as their coverage is overall), has a formula that seems to coincide with how NBA fans feel about the product today. Look at the threads on the Coli either trashing or propping up NBA players due to biases, legacies or other nonsensical reasons. The TMZ style coverage of the NBA seems to be what a lot of fans want, and it’s how they cover the league.

There may be a vocal minority that opposes this style of coverage, but let’s be real, there ain’t many threads on here breaking down x’s & o’s, defensive philosophies, offensive game planning, etc, but there sure are a LOT of threads about how LeBron’s legacy is cooked, KD is not a Top 20 player all time, and so on and so forth. ESPN is merely covering the NBA how a lot of y’all talk about the NBA. Maybe NBA fans are too dumb to accept anything better :yeshrug: :hubie:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
They do it cause people in the streets talk like that. It’s why they brought up these barbershop styled (argument) l debate shows. Nobody is just talking Xs and Os

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Like i said, y’all pull up the viewership #’s for these so called analytics shows vs those respective sports’ generalist shows and show me that they’re doing numbers to a point that the ESPN or the NBA is missing something by not investing in them?
I mean they be talking about how great First Take numbers are for the network and they don’t even get a million viewers daily according to internet reports. I know some random show that comes on at .2pm ain’t getting great numbers