Eric Adams decides to starve the rats out... NYC gets trash cans in 2024

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
what's tripped out is just for my single family house, I have 2 large trash cans and 1 large recycle bin. I NEVER fill one trash can fully each week. maybe halfway at most.
I know that I need to start using the recycle one more frequently lol. All those damn cartons take up to much space in the trash

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
what's tripped out is just for my single family house, I have 2 large trash cans and 1 large recycle bin. I NEVER fill one trash can fully each week. maybe halfway at most.

man, why are those trash cans mad small?????? da fukk :dahell:

and the city charges u for that bullshyt???? ours are free. it's part of paying for water/sewer/trash pickup every other month. if a trash can goes missing or gets damaged, u just call 311 and they bring u a new one.
They just charge us for the recycling bins. We have goat pickup. They do trash, yard waste, recycling, and glass separate

Our bins are probably 2-3x the size of his but unless I’m pitch boxes I never fill mine.

tay1

All Star
Daps
Based of some of the responses, I see this is likely an issue of logistics, but this is an embarrassment for this to be an issue in 2024. I get the difficulty but this should have been a solvable issue 20 years ago. Typical governmental failures along with some of the blame should be put on the residents.

im not you

All Star
Daps
so people in apartments are hauling their trash bags into the elevator, thru their lobby, and just dropping that shyt off on the curb :wtf:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That would be better than that lil ass trash can the mayor rolled out:russ:

A couple trips to the corner store and a couple pizza boxes and that bytch is full
If you haven't been to Manhattan outside of midtown it's indescribable how much garbage is produced daily. Like you know those big ass post-plow snow mountains? Those, but garbage bags :scust:...every night

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Welcome to 1801 NYC
should've been the first thing they did. Those oceans of trash out on the streets on trash day is a feast for rats not to mention the tens of thousands of delis and bodegas where people cop bagels and throw the half eaten bagesl on the fukkin' streets

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
If you haven't been to Manhattan outside of midtown it's indescribable how much garbage is produced daily. Like you know those big ass post-plow snow mountains? Those, but garbage bags :scust:...every night
Yes they need huge industrial skips to put the trash in. I'd literally buy those and have people put their trash in them for trash day obviously they'd have to be closed but those massive trash bags on the streets have got to go.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
We’ve had these shyts damn near 30 years in the south. How is one of the greatest cities in Earths history such a dusty ass place.
Because they don't care and providing enough bins for the city s hella expensive we had those shyts in DC since I was a child but DC had maybe 500K people compared to New Yorks 10 million people