Eric Adams decides to starve the rats out... NYC gets trash cans in 2024

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like I have been in parts of NYC where they used containers, but I've also just seen piled up bags on the street, it must vary.... by the block.

a real new yorker can probably come in here and school us.

Im pretty sure trash cans are a suburb thing. We used to just throw the trash backs at the curb on a particular day and theyd come pick it up. Dont blame thw lack of cans,its the city:scust:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im pretty sure trash cans are a suburb thing. We used to just throw the trash backs at the curb on a particular day and theyd come pick it up. Dont blame thw lack of cans,its the city:scust:
I was googling and I think it has to do with residents, so big apartment buildings do use containers/dumpsters, but if it's a small building with under a certain number of tenants/single family home, yall can use bags.

I know I've seen both when I've been there, but I've never lived there. :manny:

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
There’s not enough garbage cans for the amount of garbage that the amount of people throw out daily ..that shyt only works at actual suburban homes

Most times when walking down nyc streets regardless of locations…youll see 1 or 2 garbage cans full of trash , and leaning next to it is 9 more bags of trash :russ:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
There’s not enough garbage cans for the amount of garbage that the amount of people throw out daily ..that shyt only works at actual suburban homes

Most times when walking down nyc streets regardless of locations…youll see 1 or 2 garbage cans full of trash , and leaning next to it is 9 more bags of trash :russ:
Every block would need an entire apartment complex size dumpster to be picked up daily

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Is there a logical reason this is just now starting?

I’m tempted to say NY Lawst
Yes

NYC is big place unbeknownst to the Coli

Every neighborhood, every borough is different.

Some blocks it will work on, some it will absolutely NOT.

Plus factor in that these bins will get bitten and chewed through by rats anyways so its not exactly cause for celebration unless the city will give them to everyone free of charge and pay for replacing them if they get damaged or, just as likely, stolen.