Elon “Multiple Baby Mamas” Musk, Goes From A Dog Whistle To A Kkklaxon With This Tweet.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Blatant racists support the Repbulican party in overwhleming majority.

*Both siders* Why have our ancestors supported Democrats? They are sheep on the plantation.

also;

turn all those characters back to white even though some of em wasnt originally!!!

i didnt r3alize that many people want pre civil rights era back

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I mean, I understand it. Why switch up the OG characters, make new black ones. Could you imagine if they made Black Panther or Static Shock a white dude? It'd be ridiculous. It's the same with this too. However, Elon has much better things to worry about it would seem, yet here he is.
White people aren’t even the OG characters in real life. They the real life DLC characters if we’re being real honest :comeon:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Bump because that clown Napoleon has made another thread on the same topic.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because y'all don't support the new Black ones, outside of a choice few. :francis:

Not remotely the same thing.

For every charater in this image, their race/ethnicity is completely unimportant to their characterization. Black Panther and (arguably) Static have their ethnic/racial identity at the core of their characterization. (You don't think it's relevant for BP to be dark-skinned?)

This stems from the social conditioning we receive in Western society to perceive White skin as "default", or lacking in ethnic identity. Their racial/ethnic heritage never mattered once until a non-White actor was cast to portray them in other media.

I don’t have a strong opinion on this, honestly. I’m not into Marvel movies, comic books, Disney, or any of that stuff. I’m just not the target audience. But I do think characters should stay true to how they were originally created, whether they’re black, white, Asian, or whatever. Changing their race out of nowhere feels like a cheap move to get more attention.

A character’s race is a big part of who they are. Like, in “Hey Arnold,” it might not seem like a big deal if Arnold’s white, but making him black would feel off because it wouldn’t be the same character anymore. The same goes for other characters. For “The Little Mermaid,” she could be black since she was only described with blue eyes, so a black mermaid with blue eyes works. But if a comic book character started as a white guy, he should stay a white guy.

Your point about not supporting black superheroes is exactly why we need more original black characters who stay black. Changing white characters to black ones feels like we need a “white character starter pack.” Instead, we should focus on creating awesome black characters from the start. People will support cool and interesting characters, especially black audiences.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He doesn't have the balls to touch Black historical figures white washed into cacs..bytching about cartoons:mjlol:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I bought a Ioniq 6 bc I refuse to support this Musty clown.

But I love my I6 better than a Tesla

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Elon hasn’t got long to live, look at him, Lucifer is coming to take him home soon.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I don’t have a strong opinion on this, honestly. I’m not into Marvel movies, comic books, Disney, or any of that stuff. I’m just not the target audience. But I do think characters should stay true to how they were originally created, whether they’re black, white, Asian, or whatever. Changing their race out of nowhere feels like a cheap move to get more attention.

A character’s race is a big part of who they are. Like, in “Hey Arnold,” it might not seem like a big deal if Arnold’s white, but making him black would feel off because it wouldn’t be the same character anymore. The same goes for other characters. For “The Little Mermaid,” she could be black since she was only described with blue eyes, so a black mermaid with blue eyes works. But if a comic book character started as a white guy, he should stay a white guy.

Your point about not supporting black superheroes is exactly why we need more original black characters who stay black. Changing white characters to black ones feels like we need a “white character starter pack.” Instead, we should focus on creating awesome black characters from the start. People will support cool and interesting characters, especially black audiences.

Since I work in comics and know a bit of the history, I have to push back on this.

You have to understand that the reason so many characters were created White has fukk-all to do with their most identifiable characteristics; it's because A.) the creators were white B.) Red, Yellow and Black hair printed more consistently in the four-color process (not to many brown-haired characters before the 60s). Furthermore, Musk has Miss Martian and Starfire on his list, who are green and orange-skinned respectively. (That should clue you in as to why this is bullshyt.)

I understand the disgust at "pandering" but I'm more disgusted at Caucasian characters being seen as "default" or race-less. Shït's changing because it needed to change.

Even White creators like Neil Gaiman pushed for the adaptations of their work to be more ethnically diverse.

EDIT: (e.g. people were up in arms with the TV series adaptation of Sandman and Death being played by a Black woman; it was actually Gaiman's idea to cast a Black woman in the role.)

Last edited:

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Next time you see someone whining about "blackwashing of redheads", just respond with this.

GQBHzWMaQAE6Uno

GQBHzV3bEAEWkX9

GQBH791bEAEPHJe

GQBH8IfbEAI0j47